Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2008, 10:56 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,995,359 times

Advertisements

A little bit of inspiration. Here are some pics/sites of people with perfect bodies. Makes me push myself just a wee bit harder in my workouts when I think of these folks.

Perfect women bodies
Jelena Abbou
Fahrenheit - Let It Burn (http://www.t-nation.com/media/letitburn/movie.html - broken link)

Olyesa Novik - good fat burning article as well
MUSCLE WITH ATTITUDE - Cellulite: The Definitive Battle, Part II

Vida Guerra
https://www.vidasworld.com/vworld.php

Perfect men bodies:
Edison Miranda - Boxer
http://www.livefight.com/images/page...347miranda.jpg

Bruce Lee
http://www.bruce-lee.com/bruce-lee-picture-large.jpg

How about you guys posting pics of what you would consider "perfect bodies"? Or pics that inspire you when working out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2008, 12:48 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,417,617 times
Hard to find a picture of this man, but the year that Michael Johnson set the world record in the 200 meters (1996), he ran against a runner named Jeff Williams. I saw Jeff run at the Bruce Jenner Classic in San Jose, running the 200 meters against Michael Johnson in that race. I am an incredibly muscular man myself, at the time just having earned my 1st degree black belt, but I stood there in absolute mouth-hanging awe as this extraordinarily muscular athlete passed within a few feet of me while walking with the other runners. I was speechless and changed for life. The audience behind me was completely silent as they watched this man pass. The man had the perfect physique and to this day, I wish that I could get in touch with him to find out what his diet and training regimen were at that time. He didn't have an ounce of fat on him, but his muscles were very developed and ripped even though he is about 5'10, 155 lbs. Very memorable. I'm still searching for Jeff Williams! Last I heard he had run a Masters meet in Walnut, CA in '07.

About women, last year I saw the best legs that I had seen for quite some time on two separate women at Stanford. Incredible. No pics of course, but the images are glued to my mind.

Jeff Williams though, truly an inspirational image for me first-hand.

Last edited by LexusNexus; 03-10-2008 at 02:21 AM..

Old 03-10-2008, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
About women, last year I saw the best legs that I had seen for quite some time on two separate women at Stanford. Incredible. No pics of course, but the images are glued to my mind.

Jeff Williams though, truly an inspirational image for me first-hand.
Ah yes, Stanford where there are many women with very muscular thighs running around campus. Thats where I started running regularly. Its also very hard to beat the bodies of female sprinters and mid distance runners.

Heres another inspirational pic of Georges St. Pierre of MMA fame.
Attached Thumbnails
Perfect Body Gallery - Goals-gsp.jpg  

Old 03-10-2008, 12:38 PM

Default Anyone else?

I thought this thread would be more active. A similar thread exists on another site I visit and has 98 pages of replys/responses.

Anyone else would like to post pics of people who you believe to have perfect bodies? This could help motivate others.

Old 03-10-2008, 12:48 PM

2,406 posts, read 7,911,694 times
Alicia Marie, the BSN model (their spokesmodel used to be Monica Brant)

BSN Online - Team BSN: Alicia

She's in perfect shape in my opinion, muscular and lean without being too thin or bulky....

Old 03-10-2008, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by faina00 View Post
Alicia Marie, the BSN model (their spokesmodel used to be Monica Brant)

BSN Online - Team BSN: Alicia

She's in perfect shape in my opinion, muscular and lean without being too thin or bulky....
She is fantastic. Monica Brandt and Trish Stratus have always been a couple of my favorites.

Old 03-10-2008, 03:24 PM

471 posts, read 1,510,445 times
Goodness Dabeez, no offense, but this thread is akin to dieting. There are no perfect bodies. Some really great looking people out there, sure, but perfect? No way.

We're all different. There's no one standard to be held to. You can only be the very best that you personally are capbable of being, trying your best. And when you're doing all you can to take care of yourself physically, that usually means you look pretty darn good too. But not perfect. And there's all kinds of varieties of looking pretty darn good...

Too much focus on the image throws things out of proportion IMHO. Not to mention if people overly focus on their physical appearance, and let everything else deteriorate, they may find they're not as attractive as they hoped they were. But that's a whole other subject.

This kind of thinking is what gives many girls eating disorders. Comparing themselves to images in the media (heavily touched-up/altered photographic images generally, and under the knife alterations not unheard of.)

Inspirational stories like what Alexus mentioned are more my thing. That's the real deal of what to aspire to.

Hope I didn't step on your toes. Just had to add my two cents...

Old 03-10-2008, 03:49 PM

Emeraldsky, no offense taken and you are not stepping on my toes. I always value your input .

Maybe I should have titled this thread "Motivational Image Gallery" because what I was hoping for is that people would post images of what they believe to be prime physical bodies or pics of what they hope/plan to look like as a goal for thier working out. Its also interesting to see what other people believe to believe to be great bodies. We hear it every day how someone would say "Oh so and so has such a great body....." well Id like to see what people think are great bodies. Whats the point of working out or visiting an Exercise and Fitness forum if you dont have some type of mental picture of the fitness level (form and function) you would like to be?

If this causes anyone to develop any type of eating disorders then shame on them. It really should motivate them to lead a healthier happy life. These types of threads are always the most popular on other Forums I frequent but I guess there just arent very many people here who care as much about being physically fit as I do. I care even moreso now that I'll be a father in a few days. Want to make sure I am around to see my children grow up.

Old 03-10-2008, 04:39 PM

471 posts, read 1,510,445 times
Thanks Dabeez.

"Motivational Image Gallery." I like that.

I'm not having the best luck posting pictures (you can tell by my attemps in the Wyoming picture gallery), but imagine me posting one of Lance Armstrong right about here...

Not that in my mind I can exactly picture him, but what motivates me is how he came back like that after the whole cancer thing. Amazing to me. (Though I was sad about him and his wife spliting up. Don't know the details or anything, just heard it mentioned on the news once...)

The eating disorder thing. I personally, gratefully, have never had an urge to alter my eating habits based on media images and assumed expectations of the public at large. But far too many women and girls do. And we probably all know at least one person who has. What eats me (I'm hoping to be an elementary school teacher in the near future) is the affect it has on young girls especially. What trickles down to them. Their parents' attitudes about it influences them for one. Just want children and people in general to have a healthy self-image based on reality. But I do understand your point on being motivated. Thanks for listening, I will no longer vent my feelings on this subject...

I'm really happy for you to be a dad any day now. That's got to be one of the best things ever in life to experience. Congrats to you and your wife. And wish you the best in the no sleep days. (It gets better.)

Old 03-10-2008, 04:49 PM

1,720 posts, read 6,733,447 times
Good idea...hmm let's see...lemme google a few pics here...hope I don't get caught checking out guys at work(try explaining that )
There really aren't any specific guys I know that have a body I'd like...so here are some that are close I guess and only named them because of their popularity.
Tyson Beckford
http://tyson-beckford.iwarp.com/tyson-calendar.jpg

Jeremy Piven
http://bp1.blogger.com/_qGiJWUfaOwE/..._shirtless.jpg

Justin Timberlake
http://api.ning.com/files/nGTcCv7erQ...akePicture.jpg

Mark Wahlberg
http://gfx.dagbladet.no/magasinet/2003/03/10/CALVIN.jpg

I'd say Beckford is most realistic...Don't want to be at the gym daily or do 1000crunches for the abs, but I'm pretty big, so by cutting down on the fat, I'd be bigger than JT or Piven, although that tone look is cool. I do want to build my upper chest/arms/back though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness