Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2012, 01:01 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,536,243 times

Advertisements

[quote=Opsimathia;22699236

Why not read? [B]I read 90% of the time when I'm at work reading is a hobby of mine.[/b]

Why not do desk exercises? I work as a security guard I'm limited to how much I'm able to walk because of the weather, but I do walk when able.

Why not pack only veggies for snacking? (you could get all your veggie servings in at this time in snacks)
Latley I have been I've learned not to take cash with me so I stay out of the snack machine. But I have been doing that of late.

Why does the graveyard shift cause a problem?

Here are the hours I work and I know they are unheathly but right now it's work. Mon-thurs 10:45-5. Friday 11:30 am-5pm. Off Sat
Sunday 8pm-5 am.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2012, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugatu View Post
How does that work? P90X is a 6 day a week program.

I understand that and I'm looking into buying one myself. Last Sat was the first time I did it and I want more now. Untill I buy one I'm still going to go every Sat.

Old 01-25-2012, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfpd View Post
But, diet alone will not do it. Granted, diet is a very major part to weight loss, but you are going to need to increase your activity level. Don't make excuses why you can't. Find reasons why you can increase activity.

I'll admit to make excuses for not being more active I've always been in great shape before this. I never knew it was going to be so hard to get the weight off.

Old 01-25-2012, 01:26 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,698,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
I ask because my Gf is moving down here in about two months give or take. I want to lose as much weight as possible but I don't want to put myself in any danger doing it. Any advice would be great too.
realistically, unless you were forced into a concentration camp and starved, i doubt you have the self control to lose enough weight in a short amount of time that it would be a danger to your health.

Old 01-25-2012, 01:37 PM

2,009 posts, read 3,781,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVA1990 View Post
My success (I lost about 55 pounds) involved a significant reduction in carbohydrate consumption combined with walking several miles a day. I lost about 2.5 pounds a week which is probably the most you'd want to. Drink only water (lots) or black coffee. Don't use artificial sweetners. Eat plenty of vegetables and take a multi-vitamin.
I know artificial sweetners are bad for you, i'm a diabetic and have lost 62lbs recently. I really love sugar and i was using splenda, it gave me anxiety, so i switched to sweet and low, i don't mind it. Just curious why you say not to use them. I have read that they tend to put weight on you, because you eat more with them, but they seem to work for me. Thanks for any info you can give me.

Old 01-25-2012, 01:48 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,698,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sues1 View Post
I know artificial sweetners are bad for you, i'm a diabetic and have lost 62lbs recently. I really love sugar and i was using splenda, it gave me anxiety, so i switched to sweet and low, i don't mind it. Just curious why you say not to use them. I have read that they tend to put weight on you, because you eat more with them, but they seem to work for me. Thanks for any info you can give me.
most people are against them because they have been put into the evil "chemical" category and people are afraid they will get cancer from using them.

Old 01-25-2012, 02:08 PM

Quote:

I've heard that stuff like Splenda is bad for you because your not doesn't know what it is, so instead of pushing it though your body stores it. Not sure how true that is.

Old 01-25-2012, 02:50 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,782,217 times
On average you can lose 2 or 3 pounds of fat per week, anything more and you're losing muscle as well. YMMV, but not by much.

Old 01-25-2012, 04:26 PM

14,129 posts, read 31,253,676 times
Quote:
Beside the fact that they taste horrible (at least to me) many people find they're able to resist temptation over the long run by breaking their addiction to sweets. You really want to change the way you eat, otherwise the likelihood of reverting back to your previous weight will be pretty high.

Old 01-25-2012, 06:18 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,996,352 times
How about instead of eating bad food like chips and cakes, take carrots and celery and fruits with you to work. When you're bored, snack on those. They aren't bad for you, and they help get your daily fruits/vegetables.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness