Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2014, 01:43 PM

2,765 posts, read 3,636,223 times

Advertisements

How is your trainning schedule? I don't mean a description of your workout, but the schedule itself. I ask this because I am considering changing my schedule for variety and to shock my body which is one way to break through plateaus. My current schedule is like this:
Monday /training
Tuesday/ training
Wednesday/off (maybe cardio in the morning)
Thursday /training
Friday /training
Saturday /off (maybe cardio)
Sunday /off, (maybe cardio)
The days off I might do a little cardio if I don't do any cardio during my training days. Honestly I prefer to have Wednesdays Saturdays and Sundays off.

I like to keep the weekends free to to do other things. I also like having wednesday off because it gives me a break from the two consecutive days of training. However I understand that sometimes a littke ,hange is necessary to make progeess and I am considering training every other day or training four consecutive days and 3 days off for rest and recovery or doing a six day schedule focusing on a single.bodypart per day. I just want to see what you folks do and what mind of result you have seen. Thanks to all who participate in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2014, 03:57 PM

3,825 posts, read 9,499,126 times
I have had my best gains doing one of two different training schemes. First one had me hitting my all time maxes and that was training only two days a week. Would lift on Mondays and Thursdays.

Next scheme is doing away with a 7 day week and giving yourself 2 days rest between gym days. So do Monday, Thursday, Sunday, Tuesday, Friday and back starting at Monday.

Old 03-19-2014, 05:25 PM

2,765 posts, read 3,636,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grmi66 View Post
I have had my best gains doing one of two different training schemes. First one had me hitting my all time maxes and that was training only two days a week. Would lift on Mondays and Thursdays.

Next scheme is doing away with a 7 day week and giving yourself 2 days rest between gym days. So do Monday, Thursday, Sunday, Tuesday, Friday and back starting at Monday.
You know believe it or not I thought about that too but I wanged to see if anyone else had tried it.

Old 03-19-2014, 05:56 PM

2,483 posts, read 4,379,431 times
Monday: Neck day (up - down)
Tuesday: Pancreatic flexors day
Wednesday: Peak of upper right gun day
Thursday: Neck day (side -side)
Friday: Cheese Rolling
Saturday: Lower jaw day
Sunday: Chanting

Old 03-19-2014, 06:15 PM

3,825 posts, read 9,499,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1orlando View Post
You know believe it or not I thought about that too but I wanged to see if anyone else had tried it.
Guess I'm turning into a "mature" lifter now that I'm getting older, take my rest days as seriously as my workout days. The more I rest, the heavier I lift.

Old 03-19-2014, 06:44 PM

686 posts, read 1,233,459 times
I do cardio first thing in the morning. Weights or crossfit later in the day. I do this everyday until I feel my body needs a rest or if I am unable to get minimum of 8 hours sleep, then I'll rest a day or two or three before picking it up again.

Old 03-20-2014, 07:21 AM

68 posts, read 154,614 times
Pretty simple really
Sunday - Cardio (long zone 3 bike ride or run)
Monday - Cardio and Crossfit
Tuesday - Cardio and Crossfit, evening Oly Class
Wed - Cardio and Crossfit
Thur - Cardio and Crossfit, evening Oly Class
Friday - Cardio and crossfit
Sat - Cardio and Crossfit Team WOD, and Skills work (2 hours)

ron

Old 03-20-2014, 07:31 AM

1,571 posts, read 2,975,011 times
Monday-Wendlers 5/3/1 SOHP, CrossFit
Tuesday-Wendlers Squats, CrossFit
Wednesday-CrossFit
Thursday-Wendlers Bench Press, CrossFit
Friday-Wendlers Deadlifts, CrossFit

Off on Saturday and Sunday.

Old 03-20-2014, 08:57 AM

72 posts, read 113,674 times
I train 5-6 days a week mainly Mon-Fri, and set my rest days for saturday and sunday. With the weather getting nice outside I usually wind up running even on an off day, but nothing over strenuous. If I find that I did do a bigger workout on saturday or sunday, I will either just run one day during the week or take a day off during a week day.

Old 03-20-2014, 09:39 AM

686 posts, read 1,233,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chum Kiu View Post
I do cardio first thing in the morning. Weights or crossfit later in the day. I do this everyday until I feel my body needs a rest or if I am unable to get minimum of 8 hours sleep, then I'll rest a day or two or three before picking it up again.
I'll go a bit more into detail since everyone else is.

Monday: AM - cardio (jump rope or 5k sprint)/ PM - Crossfit then yoga
Tuesday: AM - cardio (jump rope or 5k sprint)/ PM - Crossfit then yoga
Wednesday: AM - Cardio tabata (high knees jump rope, squats, double unders burpees) PM: Crossfit or HIT
Thursday: AM - Cardio (5k run) yoga / PM: HIT and yoga
Friday: AM Cardio 1000 double unders, 5k run. PM: Tabata pushups, Tabata squats.
Saturday: Crossfit warmup. Crossfit "Girls" WOD to benchmark my progress
Sunday: Depending on how I feel, will probably rest, or jump rope or yoga.

Warmup depending on my workout is either the standard Crosffit warmup (if doing CF WOD) or 20 minutes straight jump rope or Vinyasa yoga sun salutations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness