Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2009, 11:16 PM

1,336 posts, read 1,532,889 times

Advertisements

OK. I am about to reveal the nearest to perfect exercising that can ever be done. It can perform the extremely rare twin result of making you lose weight and get very strong at the same time. It also makes you very flexible. It is the one way of exercising that is outstanding for young athletes and old people.

IT WILL MAKE YOU STRONG AS AN OX if you want. It will make you lose weight if you want. It is absolutely incredible. I have used it for two months myself and achieved amazing results.

I sound so excited by this, it sounds like I am selling something, but I assure you I am not.

There is only ONE reason none of you know about this. It's because NOBODY CAN MAKE ANY MONEY OFF IT.

Here's what it has done for me since Jan 1: I am 50 years old. I started out weighing 270 at 6'3". I have not lifted weights in years. Today, and without ever touching a significant amount of weight while training, I can bench press 275, squat 300, and weigh 259. I tested myself today This is 50 days after starting.

When I tell you how I did it, no one, especially you teenage muscle heads will believe me. You need almost no weights. You need almost no equipment. Yet I am on my way to benching 300. Me. A fat old guy. I am also on my way to losing 40 pounds. With no running, no biking, no cardio except walking. I do watch what I eat though.

Before I tell the secret, let me also add, it takes very little time each day. Much less than weight lifting. And it builds strength faster than weight training. And I can do it most every day if I want to.

When I tell you what it is, you won't see how it could possibly do what I say it does. But I am here to tell you it DOES work. And after you do it once, you'll feel why it can work. But you will NEVER get sore doing these exercises.

So let's recap, shall we? It will make strong as an ox, faster than regular weight training, but without using much weight it will make you lose weight, it doesn't make you sore, the workout is over relatively quickly, because you do only ONE set per body part, or should I say one rep? and you need very little equipment. Oh, and one other thing. It will make you very flexible at the same time. Sound too good to be true? Waiting for the rub?

Here's the rub:

The exercises are highly intense and hard as hell, and you'll think you're going to die while your doing them, but the instant your finished each one, you will feel FABULOUS.

Here's the secret. And again, after I tell you, you won't believe it:

LONG-ENDURANCE EXTREME ANGLE ISOMETRIC POSITIONS.

What are they?

These are positions you assume for a given body part and hold for a long period of time.

Let me give you an example for the chest:

Take two weight benches. Set them parallel about two feet apart, or whatever distance your arms would be apart if you did a push up or a bench press. Put your two feet on the floor and lower your chest between the benches as if in push-up position, but going down as low as you possibly can until your chest feels like it's going to split open. Chances are, you've never had this good a stretch in your life.

While you are down as low as you can go, at the same time, push hard against the chairs with the base of your hand as if you are trying to push a hole through the chairs, while still staying as low as you can go in that extreme stretch. And just hold that position of tenseness. Hold it as long as you can. You may be able to go only 20 or 30 seconds at first until you collapse, but believe it or not, you want to build up to holding it for 5 minutes. it sounds hard, it sounds boring, it sounds like torture. Guess what. It IS. After 50 days, I can hold this position for over 4 minutes. But the results are astounding. I have to tell you this. When I first tried this, I was so fat and out of shape, I couldn't even support my weight in this position without putting my knees on the floor. It took a couple of weeks before I assume the correct positon of supporting myself with my toes and hands.

As in lifting, it's important to work opposite areas. So after you do the chest iso, do your back. Here's how. Lay an empty bar on rungs of a squat rack, such that you can lay down under it and hold onto it such that your back isn't touching the ground. The bar is maybe three to four feet off the floor. This extreme isometric position involves hanging from the bar with your back mostly horizontal and your heels on the floor. You bend the arms ever so slightly and hang as long as you possibly can. This works the hell out of the upper back. After a while, your grip will give out. The goal here is 5 minutes, but my grip is so weak and I am so heavy, that after 50 days, I have only worked up to about 1:40 hanging on. There are positions for triceps, biceps, lower back, quads, hamstrings, abs, really any body part you want.

After you've progressed to five minutes, then you hold the positions adding weight and build back up to five minutes and repeat this cycle adding weight. This is if your goal is to get as strong as a freaking ox.

I will say this. The work is so intense and tough, that if you build up to relatively long durations, you'll burn calories like crazy, and you will lose weight. Not as quickly as if you rode a bike or ran distances. But it won't be vascular. This is an anaerobic type of exercise. I still recommend a little cardio in there, like walking. You need to do this in order to make your arteries supple. Doing only ISOs all the time can make you kind of hyper in a weird way. You almost need to get the lungs going as in a walk or bike ride you relax you. If you do too, much cardio, though, it detracts from your strength. If it were weightlifting you're max and strength would suffer if you went for long runs. In these isometric positions, excessive cardio workouts will lead to inability to hold the positions as long.

A funny thing about these positions. If you start doing them every day, they become sort of like a religion. You want to do them even though they hurt. You can sort of understand the blurry line between say, karate
(in which training also uses long-duration isometrics to a degree) and meditation, and a religion like Buddhism that uses this kinds of physical discipline. It's weird to say, but these exercises can have kind of a spiritual effect on you. Anything that involves intensity and pain can do this, I suppose. But you feel calmer after you've done the exercises, and damn great that you completed another day of them.

And you'll absolutely notice the difference in the mirronr These exercises sort of force a symmetry. They force you into doing them the proper way, and as such, they find weaknesses in your existing form and remedy them.

At first you should do these every day. Some say you can always do them every day, but I get kind of bored and convince myself that I need a rest after three consecutive days of them. It's funny, but every time I think I'm too tired to do them, if I try them, I do OK. so maybe it is just mental, this feeling like I think I need a break sometimes. But some days the mental prospect of doing them is just so daunting, you can't bring yourself to go to the basement or wherever and do them. But the important thing like in anything is not to go more than a day or two off. Then get right back to them.

I've only scratched the surface. This is all the tip of the iceberg. Try these POWERFUL exercises if you dare.

As in anything there is no such thing as something for nothing, and there is no gain without commensurate work. The difference with these ISO positions is, the exercises are simple and brief, but by God you have to pay the price in intensity and difficulty if only for a short time. If you are willing to do that, they will pay off handsomely for you in nearly every physical way imaginable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2009, 08:40 PM

I have to say, I am dumbfounded that this thread has gotten no responses. Can someone tell me why not? Extreme angle isometrics are the most comprehensively beneficial exercises you can do. I can't believe everyone knows about them.

Or are you the type of people who go from fad to fad? Do you people want whatever machine, fad, or gimmick to do the work for you?

Just wondering.

Old 02-22-2009, 05:59 AM

1,744 posts, read 7,262,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeeee22895 View Post
I have to say, I am dumbfounded that this thread has gotten no responses. Can someone tell me why not?
Because no one is interested, I guess. Constructive criticism time: I think most of it had to do with your delivery.

Quote:
Or are you the type of people who go from fad to fad? Do you people want whatever machine, fad, or gimmick to do the work for you?

Just wondering.

Right. Well, whatever fad I'm using has me benching more than 15lbs over my bodyweight and squatting a lot more than 40lbs over my bodyweight (170-175-ish)

Don't get me wrong, I really do appreciate you putting in the effort on this post but don't act like everyone else is stupid for not taking what you have to say as gospel.

Old 02-22-2009, 09:03 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,967,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Rhino View Post
Because no one is interested, I guess. Constructive criticism time: I think most of it had to do with your delivery.
I think the delivery method is what caused the non response. Even though the message (isometric exercises) was good, the drawn out "used car salesman" pitch probably did turn people away.

What you described is very similar to some of the exercises I teach that are based on Bodhidarma's teachings to the Shaolin monks. A series of exercises that were designed to improve their (at the time) poor health because their lifestyle consisted primarily of eating veggies and sitting around meditating or reading sutras - they would sometimes fall asleep or get too tired to do their daily "chores". These "isometric" exercises developed around 520 a.d. can now be found in many Kung Fu schools (Hung Gar, 5 Animals, etc.) and I even teach it to my Tai Chi students as a form of "Hard" externa chi gong.

Old 02-22-2009, 09:47 AM

4,589 posts, read 13,167,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeeee22895 View Post
OK. I am about to reveal the nearest to perfect exercising that can ever be done. It can perform the extremely rare twin result of making you lose weight and get very strong at the same time. It also makes you very flexible. It is the one way of exercising that is outstanding for young athletes and old people.

IT WILL MAKE YOU STRONG AS AN OX if you want. It will make you lose weight if you want. It is absolutely incredible. I have used it for two months myself and achieved amazing results.

I sound so excited by this, it sounds like I am selling something, but I assure you I am not.

There is only ONE reason none of you know about this. It's because NOBODY CAN MAKE ANY MONEY OFF IT.

Here's what it has done for me since Jan 1: I am 50 years old. I started out weighing 270 at 6'3". I have not lifted weights in years. Today, and without ever touching a significant amount of weight while training, I can bench press 275, squat 300, and weigh 259. I tested myself today This is 50 days after starting.

When I tell you how I did it, no one, especially you teenage muscle heads will believe me. You need almost no weights. You need almost no equipment. Yet I am on my way to benching 300. Me. A fat old guy. I am also on my way to losing 40 pounds. With no running, no biking, no cardio except walking. I do watch what I eat though.

Before I tell the secret, let me also add, it takes very little time each day. Much less than weight lifting. And it builds strength faster than weight training. And I can do it most every day if I want to.

When I tell you what it is, you won't see how it could possibly do what I say it does. But I am here to tell you it DOES work. And after you do it once, you'll feel why it can work. But you will NEVER get sore doing these exercises.

So let's recap, shall we? It will make strong as an ox, faster than regular weight training, but without using much weight it will make you lose weight, it doesn't make you sore, the workout is over relatively quickly, because you do only ONE set per body part, or should I say one rep? and you need very little equipment. Oh, and one other thing. It will make you very flexible at the same time. Sound too good to be true? Waiting for the rub?

Here's the rub:

The exercises are highly intense and hard as hell, and you'll think you're going to die while your doing them, but the instant your finished each one, you will feel FABULOUS.

Here's the secret. And again, after I tell you, you won't believe it:

LONG-ENDURANCE EXTREME ANGLE ISOMETRIC POSITIONS.

What are they?

These are positions you assume for a given body part and hold for a long period of time.

Let me give you an example for the chest:

Take two weight benches. Set them parallel about two feet apart, or whatever distance your arms would be apart if you did a push up or a bench press. Put your two feet on the floor and lower your chest between the benches as if in push-up position, but going down as low as you possibly can until your chest feels like it's going to split open. Chances are, you've never had this good a stretch in your life.

While you are down as low as you can go, at the same time, push hard against the chairs with the base of your hand as if you are trying to push a hole through the chairs, while still staying as low as you can go in that extreme stretch. And just hold that position of tenseness. Hold it as long as you can. You may be able to go only 20 or 30 seconds at first until you collapse, but believe it or not, you want to build up to holding it for 5 minutes. it sounds hard, it sounds boring, it sounds like torture. Guess what. It IS. After 50 days, I can hold this position for over 4 minutes. But the results are astounding. I have to tell you this. When I first tried this, I was so fat and out of shape, I couldn't even support my weight in this position without putting my knees on the floor. It took a couple of weeks before I assume the correct positon of supporting myself with my toes and hands.

As in lifting, it's important to work opposite areas. So after you do the chest iso, do your back. Here's how. Lay an empty bar on rungs of a squat rack, such that you can lay down under it and hold onto it such that your back isn't touching the ground. The bar is maybe three to four feet off the floor. This extreme isometric position involves hanging from the bar with your back mostly horizontal and your heels on the floor. You bend the arms ever so slightly and hang as long as you possibly can. This works the hell out of the upper back. After a while, your grip will give out. The goal here is 5 minutes, but my grip is so weak and I am so heavy, that after 50 days, I have only worked up to about 1:40 hanging on. There are positions for triceps, biceps, lower back, quads, hamstrings, abs, really any body part you want.

After you've progressed to five minutes, then you hold the positions adding weight and build back up to five minutes and repeat this cycle adding weight. This is if your goal is to get as strong as a freaking ox.

I will say this. The work is so intense and tough, that if you build up to relatively long durations, you'll burn calories like crazy, and you will lose weight. Not as quickly as if you rode a bike or ran distances. But it won't be vascular. This is an anaerobic type of exercise. I still recommend a little cardio in there, like walking. You need to do this in order to make your arteries supple. Doing only ISOs all the time can make you kind of hyper in a weird way. You almost need to get the lungs going as in a walk or bike ride you relax you. If you do too, much cardio, though, it detracts from your strength. If it were weightlifting you're max and strength would suffer if you went for long runs. In these isometric positions, excessive cardio workouts will lead to inability to hold the positions as long.

A funny thing about these positions. If you start doing them every day, they become sort of like a religion. You want to do them even though they hurt. You can sort of understand the blurry line between say, karate
(in which training also uses long-duration isometrics to a degree) and meditation, and a religion like Buddhism that uses this kinds of physical discipline. It's weird to say, but these exercises can have kind of a spiritual effect on you. Anything that involves intensity and pain can do this, I suppose. But you feel calmer after you've done the exercises, and damn great that you completed another day of them.

And you'll absolutely notice the difference in the mirronr These exercises sort of force a symmetry. They force you into doing them the proper way, and as such, they find weaknesses in your existing form and remedy them.

At first you should do these every day. Some say you can always do them every day, but I get kind of bored and convince myself that I need a rest after three consecutive days of them. It's funny, but every time I think I'm too tired to do them, if I try them, I do OK. so maybe it is just mental, this feeling like I think I need a break sometimes. But some days the mental prospect of doing them is just so daunting, you can't bring yourself to go to the basement or wherever and do them. But the important thing like in anything is not to go more than a day or two off. Then get right back to them.

I've only scratched the surface. This is all the tip of the iceberg. Try these POWERFUL exercises if you dare.

As in anything there is no such thing as something for nothing, and there is no gain without commensurate work. The difference with these ISO positions is, the exercises are simple and brief, but by God you have to pay the price in intensity and difficulty if only for a short time. If you are willing to do that, they will pay off handsomely for you in nearly every physical way imaginable.
Sounds like you are really excited about being fit...that's awesome! I love to see that kind of passion in people. There are so many different exercises out there it's crazy....I actually learned/made up a new one the other day and was totally excited about it. If it's working for you, that's all that matters.....whatever keeps you motivated and seeing results.

Old 02-22-2009, 12:27 PM

OK, I should apologize for the unfounded dig. A great many exercise regimens are helpful. And it is an insult for me to suggest that some people in here aren't serious about hard work. But in all sincerity, I believe in these exercises with my whole heart. Maybe I do sound like a used car salesman, but the big difference is I am not selling anything. It doesn't benefit me if someone uses this stuff or doesn't. My excitement, however is genuine. I still maintain the reason ISO's aren't publicized is because nobody can make big money off them. You don't need a Total Gym, Bowflex, or ButtMaster, and you don't need a big gym with lots of expensive equipment. You don't need more than a couple of benches, dumbbells, a modest-weight barbell set and fixed bar. (A squat rack is helpful, if your goal is extreme strength)

I have not found a downside. Could it be that isometrics will only take your strength so far without concentric lifting? I don't know. At 50, I don't need to bench press 500 lbs, but let's say I was a teenage muscle head who wanted to. Perhaps these ISOs would do it for you. I don't know for sure. I haven't read of someone who was risen that far exclusively on ISOs, but I tend to think you CAN achieve big strength numbers with them. If an older overweight guy like me can bench 275 after two months, I tend to think something's going on.

Jay Schroeder, who trains football players going to the NFL combine bases his entire approach on these positions. His best-known protege was Adam Archuleta whose eye-popping performance at the 2001 NFL Combine made people take notice.

Archuleta's numbers: Weight: 214 Squat: 663 lbs in 1.24 seconds Bench: 530lbs in 1.09 seconds. 40-yd dash in 4.37 seconds.

Admittedly, these numbers were achieved with more than isometrics. Eccentric lifting and explosive movements were heavily involved. But the ISOs formed the strength and movement imprint foundation.

But if you are anything other than an aspiring stud, I can guarantee ISOs are a great thing. They do not stress the joints at all. In fact they are used for rehabilitative purposes. And they definitely burn the calories.

To me there is only one conceivable risk. While you are doing these things, your blood pressure spikes during exercising. I don't know if it would be any worse than doing cardio or not. I know weightlifting has the effect of stiffening the arteries, whereas cardio softens them. I assume these positions are like weight training and would have a stiffening effect. As I said before, exclusive ISOs make you a little hyper. It is my unscientific hunch that you should do some cardio in order to keep the arteries supple. It is my experience that after days of ISO's, if I do cardio, I tend to relax like a sack of potatoes. I get all tired and am capable of great sleep. It's almost like ISOs gives you a false or artificial energy, then the cardio unlocks the fatigue and brings you back to your "real" self. Usually after the cardio, I take a day or two off. Then I come back rested an stronger than ever.

Old 02-23-2009, 05:03 AM

550 posts, read 1,215,249 times
The deeper than the hands pushup for example is not exactly a revolution, however a large percentage of people will find out the hard way that this drill puts alot of tension on the shoulders, I can immagine keeping that position with the body weight in an anaerobic way of training will bring shoulder injuries for most people, injuries that take months to heal and hours in the gym.

Old 02-23-2009, 10:55 AM

968 posts, read 2,589,992 times
the delivery sounded like a sales pitch.

I'm glad to see you found something that works for you. However it may not work for the next guy. I know ahat works for me and thats a consistent dose of kick your ass weight lifting and running. Coupled with either deficit or surplus dieting depending on what my goals are.

To sum it up if you are willing to kick your own ass with a fitness program you will see results. If you are disciplined with your diet you'll get results. I'm able to bench press 60 lbs more than my bodyweight, squat almost 100 lbs more and rep it out at that.

Props to you for finding something that fuels your passion for fitness.

Old 02-23-2009, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niceguy89 View Post
The deeper than the hands pushup for example is not exactly a revolution, however a large percentage of people will find out the hard way that this drill puts alot of tension on the shoulders, I can immagine keeping that position with the body weight in an anaerobic way of training will bring shoulder injuries for most people, injuries that take months to heal and hours in the gym.
Actually these motions are used to work muscles without taxing joints heavily. My feeling is that most people will not fail to hold the position far sooner than they would get injured by it.

I know for me, I was not able to support my own weight for two or three weeks. I suspect most people would fall into that category, particularly women, who generally are not strong in the upper body.

Old 02-23-2009, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crustedfilth View Post
the delivery sounded like a sales pitch.

I'm glad to see you found something that works for you. However it may not work for the next guy. I know ahat works for me and thats a consistent dose of kick your ass weight lifting and running. Coupled with either deficit or surplus dieting depending on what my goals are.

To sum it up if you are willing to kick your own ass with a fitness program you will see results. If you are disciplined with your diet you'll get results. I'm able to bench press 60 lbs more than my bodyweight, squat almost 100 lbs more and rep it out at that.

Props to you for finding something that fuels your passion for fitness.
I can't imagine why this wouldn't work for everybody except perhaps those with heart conditions, because it's so easy on the joints. Weight lifting and heavy cardio sounds exhausting and antithetical to me. But props to you if you can do it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness