Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-17-2008, 04:14 PM

211 posts, read 979,070 times

Advertisements

Is anyone a Certified Fitness Trainer through the American Council on Exercise **or** the American College of Sports Medicine?

I'm considering sitting for the ACE certification. Not sure how difficult it would be.

If you are certified, what type of position are you in (self-employed or with a gym or corporate company?)

It is something I've been tossing around, but a little unsure of. In reading the profiles of most Fitness Trainers, they have been gym rats most of their lives and certified for 15-20 years.

Although I've been an avid exerciser for the past 15 years, the past three years have been the most intense, and I am really in the best shape I've ever been.

Not only would I be *new* to the field, but I'm also older (late 30's). I'm anxious to try something different after raising two kids.

How realistic? Any success stories?

Thanks!!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2008, 12:59 PM

46 posts, read 542,433 times
I was actually thinking the same thing for a couple days.
I exercise all the time, and while I'm sure I don't know everything, I know a bit about many different things, and would love to be a professional trainer. But like you, I don't know much about it, or know much from experienced persons...
Hopefully someone can help shed some light!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness