Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2015, 07:33 AM

4,039 posts, read 3,775,084 times

Advertisements

In general, have you noticed a difference in personality between women who lift weights and those who don't? Especially if you have experience dating these women? Just curious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2015, 08:29 AM

6,102 posts, read 8,822,493 times
Women who take care of themselves and workout hard tend to have a higher self esteem than those that don't.

Old 11-05-2015, 08:33 AM

20,764 posts, read 19,976,767 times
You mean women who don't work out at all? Or just do other activities?

Old 11-05-2015, 09:39 AM

2,765 posts, read 3,630,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GKelly View Post
In general, have you noticed a difference in personality between women who lift weights and those who don't? Especially if you have experience dating these women? Just curious.
Well I think that question is a little more complex than a simple yes or no type of question. I am not sure that personality is necessarily afected by exercise of lack thereof. Attitude however is a different story, if by "women who lift" you mean the occasional gym goer or the women who do a few barbell curls and a little bit of dumbell training then I would say that there is no big difference in attitude between women who lift and women who don't, however if you are reffering to women who are regular gym goers and train with tenacity and true dedication then I think there is a big attitude difference between "women who lift and women who don't". Sometimes the attitude is good and other times is not but personality wise I do not think there is necesarily a difference.

Old 11-05-2015, 09:58 AM

9,196 posts, read 7,234,127 times
We expect a good-night arm wrestle

Old 11-05-2015, 10:30 AM

20,764 posts, read 19,976,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1orlando View Post
Well I think that question is a little more complex than a simple yes or no type of question. I am not sure that personality is necessarily afected by exercise of lack thereof. Attitude however is a different story, if by "women who lift" you mean the occasional gym goer or the women who do a few barbell curls and a little bit of dumbell training then I would say that there is no big difference in attitude between women who lift and women who don't, however if you are reffering to women who are regular gym goers and train with tenacity and true dedication then I think there is a big attitude difference between "women who lift and women who don't". Sometimes the attitude is good and other times is not but personality wise I do not think there is necesarily a difference.
^^^^

when I have no college classes, I am on a different work out schedule because I have more time for aerobic classes and other work outs.

While I am taking college classes, time is of essence so I just do what brings fast, visible results (toning), like lifting weights. Doesn't mean my personality changes every time.

Old 11-05-2015, 10:58 AM

4,918 posts, read 6,472,115 times
NO I have not noticed but I have a gf so I can barely handle her lol

Old 11-05-2015, 01:22 PM

41,960 posts, read 75,205,836 times
Quote:
In general, have you noticed a difference in personality between women who lift weights and those who don't?
There are too many variables between do and don't that this cannot be a viable question.

Old 11-05-2015, 01:41 PM

1,474 posts, read 2,301,245 times
The weightlifting women seem noticeably more confident & stronger in every way than the women who are strangers to the free weights. The muscular women are few & far between but they sure seem to know what they're doing, and they carry themselves confidently. They probably know that with increased muscle mass comes exponential calorie burn 24/7, and than muscular definition + low body fat makes for an ideal physique. These women are no dummies. But personality-wise? They're probably the same people they've always been, whatever personality that may be...with a healthy dose of self-respect & confidence.

Even though I essentially studied body building for 500 hours & got a certificate for it in 2013, weightlifting is intimidating to me because cold hard metal just doesn't appeal to me. I gravitate toward group fitness classes, yoga, light weights, cardio, and machines. Yes I understand by now that for all the time & effort I put into my regimen, weightlifting would be so much more efficient & effective. Sigh. But I'm a creature of habit.

Whatever the case, remember that there are some gym rats male & female alike, whose lives are so imbalanced that they're impossible to have an intelligent conversation with. So even if they look confident & superhuman, ya still gotta inspect the brain to see if the whole human is fully functional

Last edited by Zelpha; 11-05-2015 at 01:54 PM..

Old 11-05-2015, 01:46 PM

4,565 posts, read 5,421,205 times
Quote:
I notice that women who are into fitness (not just those who lift) tend to have a much higher level of self esteem, confidence and energy than those who dont. This isnt always the case, but it is the case in the majority of women I meet. There is definitely a certain level of confidence and "aura" that those who are healthy, fit, confident in their bodies, have that those who are less physically fit dont have.

Not saying those who lift (i.e. are into fitness) are "better" than those who arent, because there are just too many other variables to take into account, but I will say this - I have never met a women who lifts/physically fit/into health and fitness who suffer from self esteem/confidence issues.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness