Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2016, 06:04 PM

7,430 posts, read 4,672,937 times

Advertisements

XXL. Apparently there was an initial movie just called "Magic Mike". For those who watched the movie, is it going to inspire men to exercise? Or is it just about male stripping or something that as a straight man, I'd pluck my eyes out? I tend to vomit at the sight of adult male butts other than mine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2016, 06:07 PM

3,515 posts, read 3,685,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yippeekayay View Post
XXL. Apparently there was an initial movie just called "Magic Mike". For those who watched the movie, is it going to inspire men to exercise? Or is it just about male stripping or something that as a straight man, I'd pluck my eyes out? I tend to vomit at the sight of adult male butts other than mine.

I'd say you have some unresolved issues that you need to address.

Old 02-22-2016, 09:24 AM

6,103 posts, read 8,812,763 times
Quote:
Why are you interested in this movie at all? It is not an inspirational movie by any stretch.

Old 02-22-2016, 10:56 AM
PDF

11,395 posts, read 13,411,370 times
It has absolutely nothing to do with inspiring men to exercise. Besides, you should already be doing that.

Old 02-22-2016, 11:00 AM

13,496 posts, read 18,182,410 times
Quote:
Bizarro, how did you make it through h.s. phys ed classes?

Old 02-22-2016, 03:29 PM

It's different for me when I know it's going to happen vs something that just sneaks and pops in like that Troy and I Robot movies. In an ideal world, I would appreciate if there is warning right before the scene so I could adjust.

Old 02-22-2016, 03:48 PM

488 posts, read 856,928 times
Quote:
Magic Mike (the first one) made the mistake of trying to have a plot. It was honestly pretty forgettable. I remember there being a male organ visible in a pump. Don't remember if there were butts, but I'm sure there were. It was honestly just a bad movie with some entertaining stripping for the ladies and gay men. It was inspirational to no one, I'm sure.

Magic Mike XXL is honestly the most fun movie I have ever seen in the theatre. It fixed the mistake of the first one - it threw away the plot and just made an entire movie that was basically equal to seeing Thunder Down Under live. It was purely awesome for the ladies, and the gay men. It is still not even remotely inspirational. It's just fun.

As for the bolded part, grow up. Looking at a naked body doesn't mean you're gay. People who admit to such things are usually trying to overcompensate for their true feelings. It's okay to be who you are.

Old 02-22-2016, 05:57 PM

6,103 posts, read 8,812,763 times
Quote:
It's different for me when I know it's going to happen vs something that just sneaks and pops in like that Troy and I Robot movies. In an ideal world, I would appreciate if there is warning right before the scene so I could adjust.
You have some serious issues.

Old 02-22-2016, 05:59 PM

9,196 posts, read 7,227,000 times
Magic Mike, eh? I'll have to add it to my que (for research purposes, of course) and report back my findings.

Old 02-22-2016, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyJune View Post
Magic Mike (the first one) made the mistake of trying to have a plot. It was honestly pretty forgettable. I remember there being a male organ visible in a pump. Don't remember if there were butts, but I'm sure there were. It was honestly just a bad movie with some entertaining stripping for the ladies and gay men. It was inspirational to no one, I'm sure.

Magic Mike XXL is honestly the most fun movie I have ever seen in the theatre. It fixed the mistake of the first one - it threw away the plot and just made an entire movie that was basically equal to seeing Thunder Down Under live. It was purely awesome for the ladies, and the gay men. It is still not even remotely inspirational. It's just fun.
Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness