Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2018, 07:58 AM

1,386 posts, read 1,000,286 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBain II View Post
Crossfitters aren't professional athletes.
How do you define "professional"? A lot of the elite level Crossfitters make a living at Crossfit, don't they? They do the Crossfit "circuit." And some have sponsors. In my book that them "professional."

Don't get me wrong--I think there's something a little weird and culty about a lot of Crossfit folks, but if the elite level Crossfitters are making a living at it....

--

Last edited by Bill790; 07-20-2018 at 08:28 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2018, 08:25 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,705,240 times
Quote:
To me, it wouldn't be a big deal if Crossfit didn't try to hold themselves up as examples of healthy living. No one really cares when a professional athlete (and Crossfitters are not professional athletes) gets popped for PEDs because they are literally selling their souls for the sport.
if they are making money in the sport, then they are doing what they need to do to make a living. i dont see what the whle "holding themselves up as examples" means. they are just people trying to earn a living.

using performance enhancing drugs isnt necessarily unhealthy. theres really nothing wrong with it. in any case, if you want to believe your favorite athletes arent using then you will likely be very disappointed to know the truth. their ability to earn money playing a sport is too important to not use PEDs. they are using them.

Old 07-20-2018, 08:31 AM

3,271 posts, read 2,190,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
one problem that i see is that you think that your opinion has any impact on facts. you simply have no idea what you are talking about. protein powder is just food. its not a PED. there is no room for your opinion here, its a simple fact.
What are you talking about? You breath oxygen don't you? PED

You drink water don't you? PED

That's right.

Real people like me, don't need any of that.

Old 07-20-2018, 09:09 AM

2,415 posts, read 4,247,783 times
Quote:

I thought it said "PEZ" and was wondering what the big deal is.

SS

Old 07-20-2018, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobster View Post
What are you talking about? You breath oxygen don't you? PED

You drink water don't you? PED

That's right.

Real people like me, don't need any of that.
Don't need any of what? Oxygen? Air?

--

Old 07-20-2018, 09:48 AM

13,713 posts, read 12,439,565 times
Quote:
Crossfitters aren't professional athletes.
If they make money Crossfitting, then they are Professional Athletes. I've met Professional racket ball players.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
In her explanation of what happened, Abbott seems to be implying that someone else fed the PEDs to her. This is something that has happened to many other athletes, especially younger ones, who are dosed with such things, without their knowledge, by unscrupulous coaches. But her guilt or innocence would probably be impossible to determine, unless someone confessed to having given it to her, without her consent.

Athletics were a lot simpler in the days before such drugs were invented. Now, there's an an implied guilt of using banned substances, if someone gets too strong or too good at a sport. If the governing bodies of sports put an athlete in their crosshairs, they usually find some way to make them seem guilty. And there's other athletes that they know are guilty, but they are more favored and allowed to slip by.
The line that gets recycled and gets athletes cleared is that "my (xyz supplement) was cross contaminated during manufacture." I know of at least one Crossfitter that skated on that after a positive test for ostarine.

Old 07-20-2018, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill790 View Post
Don't need any of what? Oxygen? Air?

--
I've trained my body not to need oxygen as much as the normal person. Why does it make you so angry that my oxygen requirements are as much as 50% less than yours?

Don't you understand science?

Old 07-20-2018, 10:11 AM

4,745 posts, read 5,574,629 times
Quote:
I've trained my body not to need oxygen as much as the normal person. Why does it make you so angry that my oxygen requirements are as much as 50% less than yours?

Are you powered by cosmic energy like the Silver Surfer?

Old 07-20-2018, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago South Sider View Post
Are you powered by cosmic energy like the Silver Surfer?
Just because you need water for your workout doesn't mean I do.

That's you. You're weak.

I don't need water to survive. I drink other things.

Don't worry about me.

Old 07-20-2018, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Dude, you're the one who sounds a little angry.... You might try a little more O2. I've just never heard of somebody training themselves to require 50% less O2 than normal people. And how does requiring less O2 benefit you?

Quote:
Well, I thought I understood science, but now maybe not as much as I thought I did..... Can you explain to the rest us mere mortals how you did this?

--
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness