Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2022, 06:49 PM

17,665 posts, read 17,822,415 times

Advertisements

I’ve seen this challenge and some of the videos are ridiculous. 100 push-ups, 100 situps, and 100 squats a day for 30 days. What’s ridiculous are these people who rarely ever exercise trying to push themselves on the first week to do these 100 and the challenge involves no day of rest. Some didn’t see the gains they were hoping for. Perhaps if they had gradually did these exercises as many as they could followed by a day of rest and recovery until they could do those 100 per day then they may have seen the gains they were hoping for. Also their diet didn’t really change either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2023, 08:27 AM

6,033 posts, read 6,175,108 times
Agreed not a recipe for success. Failure can be educational too. Noted often in running and experienced a few times personally. Push too hard and don't get results? Change the training program. In this way we learn.

5Ks are a common entry point for those trying to up the fitness. Walked, they aren't bad at all. Jogged or run, the intensity ramps significantly. A few clearly need to focus on diet first and running later. Once in a great while someone exits with a medical situation. Noted only a few times but a bad day for those giving their all perhaps too soon in the training program.

Just for grins I signed up for a January running challenges. I'll need to successfully run and log a certain number of miles outdoors (only) each day. In Seattle that's not the end of the world if prepped for weather w/ good lighting as I tend to run early AM. Other parts of US wouldn't try it due to weather extremes. Point being after various training successes and failures past few years I'm ready. Eyes wide open.

Old 01-01-2023, 03:06 PM

5,958 posts, read 2,904,644 times
Join the US Marines if you want to be in shape , free room and board and I bet you will be in better shape..

Old 01-01-2023, 03:08 PM

2,423 posts, read 1,548,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben young View Post
Join the US Marines if you want to be in shape , free room and board and I bet you will be in better shape..
And the bonus is a really cool hair cut.

Old 01-01-2023, 04:59 PM

24,620 posts, read 19,221,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
I’ve seen this challenge and some of the videos are ridiculous. 100 push-ups, 100 situps, and 100 squats a day for 30 days. What’s ridiculous are these people who rarely ever exercise trying to push themselves on the first week to do these 100 and the challenge involves no day of rest. Some didn’t see the gains they were hoping for.

That's probably because in order to grow muscle mass and/or retain stamina you have to rest. 100 of each every other day will produce results faster for the vast majority of people.

Old 01-02-2023, 11:56 AM

6,492 posts, read 4,025,962 times
*Shrug* You try it, either it works or it doesn't, either you like it or you don't, you do something else. Nothing to get worked up about, especially when it's *other* people doing it. Many workout trends are silly; this one's no worse than any. And just because something doesn't work for one group of people-- beginners or otherwise-- doesn't mean it's completely useless for everyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness