Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2020, 11:30 AM

10,951 posts, read 3,689,039 times

Advertisements

I am not in Miami, Fl for a few days so I needed to go to the LA Fitnesses that are here close to me in Pinellas County and found out that one of them dropped from the Map in under a week.

Went to the one showing at 5 AM today and I was told the one missing from the Map is no longer an LA Fitness, but instead a ESPORTA Gym..I opened their Web side and besides the name, everything else is exactly like the LA Fitness one. I could even sign in using my LA Fitness credentials.

Why ? ? That is the question.

Are they all in the USA transitioning from one name to another ? ?

Only time will tell. If you happen to have more info, please let us know
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2020, 01:58 PM

9,382 posts, read 8,345,252 times
Esporta Fitness Announcement
We are pleased to announce the launch of our new Esporta Fitness model, which will operate under the LA Fitness umbrella of clubs. This means some exciting changes are coming soon – here's a quick preview.

As of January 1, 2020, we are rebranding 17 of our LA Fitness locations in the greater Phoenix market to Esporta Fitness . You may notice new signage on the outside of those clubs, while on the inside, you'll be seeing some new colors, new graphics and, in many cases, a new club layout designed to feature functional training. However, this rebranding will not limit your membership access or change your pricing. You'll still have the same amenities and the same group of clubs (whether they are called Esporta or LA Fitness) as part of your membership that you already currently enjoy.

We hope you enjoy the fresh look of Esporta Fitness along with the full range of amenities and clubs that your LA Fitness membership provides you. See you at the club!

EsportaFitness.com

Old 10-17-2020, 10:58 AM

Florida2014...I am back in Miami and just read your post,. Thanxs for you input..I figure it was all the same with a new look and a name change, I was wrong, but similar take because of the Identical Web Sites and me being able to sign into Esporta...

In looking just at the Florida MAP, the biggest revamp is in the Gulf Coast Clubs...Tampa, Sarasota, Ft Myers and Naples, 1 or 2 in the Orlando Area and 1 or 2 in the East Coast North of Palm Beach.

This is all new news for Miami, so Monday I will pass it on to my friends there at the local LAF here in SW Miama !!!

Old 10-17-2020, 08:01 PM

9,523 posts, read 16,503,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huasho View Post
Florida2014...I am back in Miami and just read your post,. Thanxs for you input..I figure it was all the same with a new look and a name change, I was wrong, but similar take because of the Identical Web Sites and me being able to sign into Esporta...

In looking just at the Florida MAP, the biggest revamp is in the Gulf Coast Clubs...Tampa, Sarasota, Ft Myers and Naples, 1 or 2 in the Orlando Area and 1 or 2 in the East Coast North of Palm Beach.

This is all new news for Miami, so Monday I will pass it on to my friends there at the local LAF here in SW Miama !!!
The one in Lakeland also changed their name. It must benefit LA financially, though I'm not sure how.

Old 10-18-2020, 04:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimrob1 View Post
The one in Lakeland also changed their name. It must benefit LA financially, though I'm not sure how.
I have a feeling that those that have changed names were losing money for the Corporation, my take is that soon they will be sold. It's got to do with something like that otherwise their announcement makes no real sense at all .

Old 10-18-2020, 06:17 AM

9,382 posts, read 8,345,252 times
No gyms are doing well right now. LAF is no different. In fact, I read an article recently that LAF has had to renegotiate a large portion of their debts to creditors due to the pandemic shut down. They may have been forced to change names as someone may have financed a portion of their debt and asked to rename or take ownership of several clubs.

Old 10-18-2020, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida2014 View Post
No gyms are doing well right now. LAF is no different. In fact, I read an article recently that LAF has had to renegotiate a large portion of their debts to creditors due to the pandemic shut down. They may have been forced to change names as someone may have financed a portion of their debt and asked to rename or take ownership of several clubs.
Makes Sense, but it doesn't smell good.

Old 10-18-2020, 05:40 PM

I don't wanna wind up without a Gym and the only choice being U FAT !!!!

Old 10-20-2020, 08:09 AM

22,319 posts, read 29,400,492 times
Hopefully they update the outdated equipment as well

Old 10-26-2020, 06:35 AM

8 posts, read 27,593 times
I want quality, but unfortunately I don't always get it. Yes, many GYM need improvement...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness