Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Exotics and High-End Luxury Brands
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2009, 08:45 PM
NSX

877 posts, read 2,167,330 times

Advertisements

Not bad in maintenance or quality issues at all. It has only cost me about $350 every 7500 miles for routine stuff. So far mine has 13k on the clock and has had no problems whatsoever. A long time ago the companyhad some quality issues, and still carries some of that stigma today. However, from 2003 onward the quality of their cars has actually been extremely high.

The difficulty of getting in and out is greatly exaggerated. Yes, when you first are getting used to it, it can take about a minute. Now it takes me about 5 seconds to get in, 3 seconds to get out, and once I'm in I'm quite comfortable.

That said, it's basically a street-legal race car. Very tiny inside. You will either love that or hate that. You'll feel every single bump in the road and it takes muscle to steer without the power steering at low speeds. When I get in my Z06 after driving the Lotus, the 'Vette feels like a limo. It all depends on what's important to you. If you want a quick little, great handling and outrageous looking car, don't be scared to get a Lotus.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2009, 10:08 PM

11,155 posts, read 29,301,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSX View Post
Not bad in maintenance or quality issues at all. It has only cost me about $350 every 7500 miles for routine stuff. So far mine has 13k on the clock and has had no problems whatsoever. A long time ago the companyhad some quality issues, and still carries some of that stigma today. However, from 2003 onward the quality of their cars has actually been extremely high.

The difficulty of getting in and out is greatly exaggerated. Yes, when you first are getting used to it, it can take about a minute. Now it takes me about 5 seconds to get in, 3 seconds to get out, and once I'm in I'm quite comfortable.

That said, it's basically a street-legal race car. Very tiny inside. You will either love that or hate that. You'll feel every single bump in the road and it takes muscle to steer without the power steering at low speeds. When I get in my Z06 after driving the Lotus, the 'Vette feels like a limo. It all depends on what's important to you. If you want a quick little, great handling and outrageous looking car, don't be scared to get a Lotus.

how small is it inside

Old 11-24-2009, 10:14 PM
NSX

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOlover View Post
how small is it inside
It's as tight as you can be and still be comfortable. Plenty of legroom, but only a few inches side to side due to the very wide side-sills and center console.

The passenger side is slightly smaller. If you have a passenger your right arm will probably brush up against them while shifting, sometimes shoulders touch. On a first date, this isn't necessarily a bad thing though

Old 11-26-2009, 08:35 PM

9,326 posts, read 22,012,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scuba steve View Post
I thought they had a Celica GT-S engine. I own a Celica and haven't had any problems with it in the 9 years I've owned the car. The shift gates are a little tight so your boy racer types sometimes mishift and blow the engine when they try and race each other.
Yes they have the GT-S engine, dunno why people think they have a Camry engine..

Old 11-28-2009, 06:16 PM
NSX

Quote:
Originally Posted by minibrings View Post
Yes they have the GT-S engine, dunno why people think they have a Camry engine..
That's exactly right. No reason why the Lotus will not last just as long as a Celica.

Funny you mention the Camry engine, that's being used in the new Lotus Evora.

Old 11-28-2009, 11:23 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,138,905 times
Speaking of which, can someone explain the Evora to me? Did Lotus just decide someone needed to pick up where the NSX left off or something?

Old 11-29-2009, 05:36 PM

1,763 posts, read 7,332,123 times
Not really. Lotus hasn't had a new model in a long time. Since they're a small company, this long development cycle is expected.

The Evora is just a bit of evolution for the brand, I think. I've read they're going after the 911 price/performance point.

For Honda, I think the NSX was an exercise in engineering. For Lotus, I think every car is an exercise in engineering.

Here's a bit of a review for the new Lotus Axis Of Oversteer: Dale Does Evora

Every model they make is drool-worthy to me, but a bit out of my comfortable price range :-)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Exotics and High-End Luxury Brands