Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2010, 08:34 AM

2,053 posts, read 4,818,324 times

Advertisements

I don't mean "someone who shops at"... I mean someone who truly has a sense of style, who knows how to dress appropriately and looks polished and elegant.

Who is the most elegant person you have ever met and why do you think so?
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2010, 10:30 AM

12,054 posts, read 23,364,086 times
I have been all over the world and have met a lot of people, but the one who still stands out was a woman I met in La Jolla about 20 years ago. She was working in her garden, wearing a house dress that probably cost at least 1K, but she was elegant, classy, and someone who was the epitome of grace and class. She was very kind of me and my friend as we were visiting the area and just walking around.

Old 08-26-2010, 10:37 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,052,999 times
I compete in ballroom dance, so I would say that most of the people I know - fellow ballroom competitors - are the most elegant people I know.

Old 08-26-2010, 11:10 AM

8,411 posts, read 39,274,092 times
My ex's mother. She always made everyone feel at ease and never spoke negatively in group situations. She had great style at 77 that made her look 20 years younger or more so timeless. I have this image of her leaning over her balcony watching the boats go by with a soft smile on her face. She was wearing warm bone grey linen slacks that had an "audry" fit and a loose cream silk blouse with a shell underneath. Her necklace was a mix of platnium and gold stones that glittered up into her eyes and hair. Snow white hair and very thick (she always ate well) in a classic bob with barely there soft bangs blowing in California's winter breeze. You could barely hear her footsteps too. She glided into the room.

I liked her too because she actually noticed my table manners and we had a chat about it later. And it was so cute that she just did not understand why people like to shove their mouths full of food like their life depended on it. I remember she said: " The steak is already dead, I don't think its going to walk away" And then raised a brow.

Old 08-26-2010, 08:09 PM

2,119 posts, read 3,714,303 times
My MIL was a very elegant lady. Had nothing to do with how she dressed; her poise, even when relaxed, spoke "classy." DH's sister is the same way. Some women are lucky to be blessed with effortless grace.

Old 08-27-2010, 06:44 PM

1,603 posts, read 3,251,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
I compete in ballroom dance, so I would say that most of the people I know - fellow ballroom competitors - are the most elegant people I know.
I would have to agree with you on that note. There's something quite graceful and beautiful in a dancer's movements. I've seen it as well with ballerinas.

Old 09-01-2010, 12:35 PM

201 posts, read 636,803 times
Most elegant woman ?? my Mother

Most elegant male ?? that would be me of course...

Old 09-01-2010, 12:53 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,973,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
I totally agree with you on this one. My wife is a ballroom dancer and she is one of the most elegant people I have ever met. Most of her ballroom friends/family are all the same way. Super elegant and graceful.

Old 09-01-2010, 08:46 PM

37,639 posts, read 46,045,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miaiam View Post
I don't mean "someone who shops at"... I mean someone who truly has a sense of style, who knows how to dress appropriately and looks polished and elegant.

The most elegant person I ever met was a lady I used to work with. She was in her 70's, but she was gorgeous. She was a model, and was always dressed impeccably. She spoke, behaved, and moved with grace, every day.

Old 09-02-2010, 12:45 PM

2,788 posts, read 5,094,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miaiam View Post

Yes my sisters mother in law..She is somewhere in her late 70s but oh my that woman has style. She always looks nice and polished.
You know she cares about herself.
She is just a wonderful beautiful women.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty