Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2011, 03:44 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,712,192 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
What do you folks (who like a high waist) think of these trousers? I wish they came in a darker color!

bebe Miranda High Waist Flare Pant - bebeBLACK
I don't know how I feel about those vertical creases. It's unusual and I don't hate it, but I don't like it either. I do think the sailor-front can be very pretty ... I saw a pic of those there too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2011, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemon&lime View Post
I think the new looks are great.... somewhat retro but cheerful and still boho-ish... I think there is a lot to choose from:

I love white, denim, stripes, bright colors, 70s sillhouettes... it's all kind of glamorous too.

I like the first one, maybe with a different top. The flowy culottes and feminine shoes are pretty together.

And the jeans with the peasant top are totally me.

Old 03-02-2011, 03:50 PM

I am seeing espadrilles all over, so I guess those are hot this season?

I bought a pair of espadrilles many years ago, and they promptly stretched out and were unwearable. I've been skeptical ever since.

Maybe a sandal/espadrille combo.

Shoes, handbags, apparel and jewelry: Your insider's guide to shoes, apparel, handbags and more | Piperlime

Old 03-02-2011, 04:00 PM

2,296 posts, read 6,286,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
I am seeing espadrilles all over, so I guess those are hot this season?

I bought a pair of espadrilles many years ago, and they promptly stretched out and were unwearable. I've been skeptical ever since.

Maybe a sandal/espadrille combo.

Shoes, handbags, apparel and jewelry: Your insider's guide to shoes, apparel, handbags and more | Piperlime

I just bought 3 pairs at Old Navy... they do tend to wear out quickly. I wear them to work throughout the summer.

Super high wedges are pretty much everywhere too... they go well with the wide leg/flare pant.

Old 03-02-2011, 04:47 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,678,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
I don't know how I feel about those vertical creases. It's unusual and I don't hate it, but I don't like it either. I do think the sailor-front can be very pretty ... I saw a pic of those there too.
I'm going to try them both on tomorrow.

Old 03-02-2011, 05:23 PM

2,406 posts, read 7,904,885 times
Not into most of those trends except....love coral, and I've been wearing dressy shorts for years so glad there will be more to choose from!

Sheer, crop tops, etc, no thanks. I am fit, but just not my style. Nor am I into wide legs or high waisted pants, but they look good on others!

Old 03-02-2011, 05:47 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,189,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
totally not liking the seams, OR the bunching at the crotch as a result of - having a crotch.
I don't like that type of seam at all. You have to be reed thin and even then they tend to bow and make the wearer look horrendous. The eye follows the line and the line has to be kept straight. Otherwise, ugg.

Old 03-02-2011, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
I don't like that type of seam at all. You have to be reed thin and even then they tend to bow and make the wearer look horrendous. The eye follows the line and the line has to be kept straight. Otherwise, ugg.
I love the type of seam, makes my legs look even longer. I'd wear them with 3" high heels. (I should point out, I have very narrow hips and thighs.)

Old 03-02-2011, 06:02 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,189,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
I love the type of seam, makes my legs look even longer. I'd wear them with 3" high heels. (I should point out, I have very narrow hips and thighs.)
Just what I'm talking about. The narrow hips and thighs are the clue. Good for you! With 3" heels your legs would end somewhere near the Canadian border.

Old 03-02-2011, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Just what I'm talking about. The narrow hips and thighs are the clue. Good for you! With 3" heels your legs would end somewhere near the Canadian border.
Absolutely. If I were curvier, I wouldn't wear them... that said, I'd be wearing the right pants to rock my curves instead! Too many women don't embrace what they have. When we do, that is when we look our best, regardless of body type!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty