Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2011, 12:54 PM

4,868 posts, read 8,411,220 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
if you have large breasts, there is no such thing as too thin.
and if you have wide hips..I can lose another 30 lbs and just look really thin, but not gross cause I'm so curvy. Other women, not so much, they need to stay at a higher weight to look normal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2011, 01:04 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,705,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scsigurl3000 View Post
Unfortunately, like many women, when I reduce, that's the first thing to go.
yes, i know its very sad.

Old 04-12-2011, 01:08 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,375,553 times
Two thin is when you look like a heroine/meth addict or a concentration camp refugee.

It's just sick. Arms should be convex, not concave.

Old 04-12-2011, 11:10 PM

2,754 posts, read 6,101,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scsigurl3000 View Post
Is being very thin still in fashion? Or has the style gone to athletic? I've always been athletic and higher in weight than recommended, but I'm thinking of doing a total makeover for professional reasons (I'm a musician) and dropping the weight down to a much lower setpoint.
Thin will always be totally in! Just look at all the models out there if you doubt me. Oh..all those "plus size" (what an absurd euphenism) tubbies will bleat on about how "real women have curves" but believe me, there is no substitute for long legs, a cute little butt and a hard, flat belly.
BTW--what type of musician are you? I've been a professional drummer for 20 years in Los Angeles and Austin. Just curious, since, having worked primarily in the rock and country genres, I've found that most of them could care less what they look like.
My wife is a classical violinist, and is rail-thin, but she's always been that way and even in that field very few musicians place much stock in their appearance, as the instead opt to devote their attention and time to perfecting their craft.

Old 04-13-2011, 01:57 AM

2,035 posts, read 3,352,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerBoy View Post
Thin will always be totally in! Just look at all the models out there if you doubt me. Oh..all those "plus size" (what an absurd euphenism) tubbies will bleat on about how "real women have curves" but believe me, there is no substitute for long legs, a cute little butt and a hard, flat belly.
Except to those who like soft bellies, and soft bodies. There ARE those people out there. Everyone doesnt like the same thing, thankfully

Old 04-13-2011, 06:28 AM

544 posts, read 1,485,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerBoy View Post
My wife is a classical violinist, and is rail-thin, but she's always been that way and even in that field very few musicians place much stock in their appearance, as the instead opt to devote their attention and time to perfecting their craft.
I'm a violinist, classically trained, but I'd play on a garbage heap if they'd pay me. I also conduct. I find that the thinner I am, the more people respect and take me seriously. And it's not just that, a reflection of others' opinions that concerns me, but the lighter I am, the better I feel. I just don't want to go too far. Veganism does most of it for me but I've recently cut out salt. However, one of my student's mother said that not getting iodine might be a problem. I don't know...anyone know?

Last edited by scsigurl3000; 04-13-2011 at 06:42 AM..

Old 04-13-2011, 06:38 AM

7,796 posts, read 16,401,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
if you have large breasts, there is no such thing as too thin.

Old 04-13-2011, 08:36 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,724,589 times
Lao, Lucario and I are authoring a new book on butts, titled the "Art of the A$$", thanks to our manager who came up with the title

I'm studying this thread with minute attention. We wanna win the Pulitzer and make it a best-seller.

Old 04-13-2011, 08:51 AM

7,796 posts, read 16,401,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
Lao, Lucario and I are authoring a new book on butts, titled the "Art of the A$$", thanks to our manager who came up with the title

I'm studying this thread with minute attention. We wanna win the Pulitzer and make it a best-seller.
Sounds good. Let me know when you guys will be at the Book Revue and I'll stop in for a signing.

Old 04-13-2011, 09:28 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,962,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
Sounds good. Let me know when you guys will be at the Book Revue and I'll stop in for a signing.
Your pics will be in the book. You'll be with us signing autographs for your fans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty