Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2011, 11:07 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,198,821 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Apparently some women equate it with manliness. Jeez, do we have to continuously find ways to divide those who are 'real' men and those who are not? Why aren't women constantly harrassed about being a 'real' woman? I don't give a crap WHAT society thinks of me.
I don't believe it's women who start this "real" man crap, it seems to be other men. The idea that a grooming himself makes one less manly is quite absurd to most women, even if a woman prefers a man to be hairy, she's not going to say a man who shaves isn't a real man because she knows many women like a well groomed man. As a woman to me a real man is someone who treats other people with respect, and leads a decent life. I don't care if a man is gay, strait, shaved, hairy, drives a pick up, or mini van if they act well, treat others with respect, and take care, and responsibility for those they love, they are real men to me. The "real" man thing is usually based on some odd paranoia that doing something like grooming, or feeling an emotion can make one gay, which is just silly.

BTW, having skid marks in underwear is just plain gross, and not in any way an indication of manliness, in fact it's a good way to insure you never get laid again.

Last edited by detshen; 05-18-2011 at 11:20 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2011, 08:18 AM

4,640 posts, read 11,937,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Why aren't women constantly harrassed about being a 'real' woman? I don't give a crap WHAT society thinks of me.
Are you KIDDING me??? I mean this is a joke, right? If you don't think women aren't facing any societal pressures (to be thin, but have big boobs, to never age, etc--most of which are unrealistic) you are living in some alternate universe.

Old 05-19-2011, 09:04 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,060,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
I don't believe it's women who start this "real" man crap, it seems to be other men. The idea that a grooming himself makes one less manly is quite absurd to most women, even if a woman prefers a man to be hairy, she's not going to say a man who shaves isn't a real man because she knows many women like a well groomed man. As a woman to me a real man is someone who treats other people with respect, and leads a decent life. I don't care if a man is gay, strait, shaved, hairy, drives a pick up, or mini van if they act well, treat others with respect, and take care, and responsibility for those they love, they are real men to me. The "real" man thing is usually based on some odd paranoia that doing something like grooming, or feeling an emotion can make one gay, which is just silly.

BTW, having skid marks in underwear is just plain gross, and not in any way an indication of manliness, in fact it's a good way to insure you never get laid again.
We shouldn't lay all the blame on men or women; let's face it, it takes two to tango. Yes, men can be brutal to each other when they pressure each other to be 'top dog', but women by their very nature capitalise on this for their own benefit.

Many men and women do see through this facile competition, however, but from reading the responses to this thread and from what I hear in real life we are the minority.

Old 05-19-2011, 09:06 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,060,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bande1102 View Post
Are you KIDDING me??? I mean this is a joke, right? If you don't think women aren't facing any societal pressures (to be thin, but have big boobs, to never age, etc--most of which are unrealistic) you are living in some alternate universe.
I suppose I was too hasty posting that...you're right, women do get alot of curry from society as well. A women who didn't shave her legs would probably get the exact same amount of disapproval (inversely, weirdly enough) as a man who did.

Old 05-19-2011, 12:15 PM

169 posts, read 344,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bande1102 View Post
HA HA you tell them

Old 05-20-2011, 03:20 PM

for you "real" men that think its gay for a guy to do some manscaping down there what about pejazzling lol
Vajazzling? Old news. Now men are pejazzling! - Fashion + Beauty on Shine

Old 05-20-2011, 03:27 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,364,053 times
There is a "new" term I heard the other day, a "Metro Sexual Male", this is an upscale man, who waxes, is groomed, not a gay guy...but "metro sexual"...always something new...

Old 05-20-2011, 03:54 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,198,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lil_mama1 View Post
for you "real" men that think its gay for a guy to do some manscaping down there what about pejazzling lol
Vajazzling? Old news. Now men are pejazzling! - Fashion + Beauty on Shine
They lost me with that! I'm all for manscaping, keeping it trimmed is appreciated, but sparkles and ****, not a good idea!

Old 05-20-2011, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
There is a "new" term I heard the other day, a "Metro Sexual Male", this is an upscale man, who waxes, is groomed, not a gay guy...but "metro sexual"...always something new...
yea thats been going on for a while

Old 05-20-2011, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
They lost me with that! I'm all for manscaping, keeping it trimmed is appreciated, but sparkles and ****, not a good idea!
totally agreed...now that would definitly be gay man pulls down his pants an all that sparkly shines back lol eww
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty