Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2011, 01:57 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobokenkitchen View Post
Well you mean apart from the fact that I HAVE a set of boobs like these personally? I would say that makes MY experience somewhat more valid no? I BUY bras in a 32 or 34 depending on the bra and I am a US 8 to 10 so not skinny. I have become an expert on bras because I had to find them to fit me.
But you only know your pair! I think...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2011, 01:58 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,007,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnHAdams View Post
I maintain that 34 is an average size for an average sized woman.
I was a 34 when I was 15, 5'10", weighed 110 pounds soaking wet, and was barely an A.
I'm a D now, wear a 38, and can hardly be considered "large".

Old 05-06-2011, 02:10 PM

29,747 posts, read 34,396,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
But I would never claim to know more about penises, say, than the owner of a penis would. He owns the equipment, I only rent it on occasion (as Elaine from Seinfeld said.)

Old 05-06-2011, 03:13 PM

3,488 posts, read 8,222,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
That's very interesting, Hobokenkitchen. How frustrating, too!
It is frustrating, but they're in pretty good shape and I do quite like them!
Also while not getting bras here is annoying - I do have an enormous selection of beautiul undies so I'm happy enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnHAdams View Post
I maintain that 34 is an average size for an average sized woman. Those women were large.

I could use my size 15 feet and try to maintain that is typical. But I wouldn't.

I'm somewhat amazed when a net chat forum goes like this:

Poster A: Studies have found that the average American male is 5'10".

Poster B: Well I am 5'6" so your studies are full of BS.

Poster A: Well you appear to be an exception.

Poster B: Yea....I have to buy my clothes overseas. Can't you see that my sample of one overides your friggin study?
Um ok rudeness.
I agree the 34 is quite average. I just happen to BELIEVE that a national company would tell the truth about their bras sizes in a national competition on that subject! So your comment about how women change their bra size to make their cup size bigger is silly given that these women are not just telling you their bra size, they have been measured by professionals and are entered into a competition based on their actual bra size. You just seem to think they are lying for some very odd reason.
My example was just one more added to the above, not the only example. Understand?
Saying that because you've had a good handful a few times makes you more of an expert than the team at a bra company and MANY women who actually wear the bras seems both ridiculous and somewhat arrogant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Well, I do have anther friend who is also an avid Bravissimo shopper and we go together when I'm in the UK. Her collection of undies makes mine look small. She's a US 14 and is a 36 E. So not JUST my own pair. ; )

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
But I would never claim to know more about penises, say, than the owner of a penis would. He owns the equipment, I only rent it on occasion (as Elaine from Seinfeld said.)
THANK YOU!! Love this!

Last edited by Hobokenkitchen; 05-06-2011 at 03:23 PM..

Old 05-06-2011, 03:19 PM

85 posts, read 202,306 times
No. I'm far too thin and short for a DDD to look like anything natural. I'm a 36B, and at most, I'd look okay with a small C.

Also, It's rather rude and disrespectful to look down upon/make fun of women on either end of the spectrum, whether you be large or flat-chested. Different strokes for different folks, people.

Old 05-06-2011, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
I was a 34 when I was 15, 5'10", weighed 110 pounds soaking wet, and was barely an A.
I'm a D now, wear a 38, and can hardly be considered "large".
You see this is where confusion can come in. I just looked at your pic and would say there is NO WAY you are a 38. Do your bras ride up your back?

Maybe this is all a difference in the UK vs US sizes. I don't know. But I think of a 38 being a larger lady, and you don't look large at all!

Maybe the sizing between the countries is more different than I thought?

Old 05-06-2011, 03:24 PM

11,787 posts, read 17,777,511 times
I agree that we should be able to trust a clothing chain and their competition but they are out to make money. Maybe by making busty curvy women appear to be of smaller sizes they can convince other women of larger chests and bands and bigger figures to want to buy their clothes. Vanity sizing exists in dress sizes so why not bras?

I want to believe you are right and that their sizes are accurate but a lot of them look bigger then they claim to me too.

Old 05-06-2011, 03:32 PM

3,261 posts, read 5,305,724 times
Quote:
You see this is where confusion can come in. I just looked at your pic and would say there is NO WAY you are a 38. Do your bras ride up your back?

Maybe this is all a difference in the UK vs US sizes. I don't know. But I think of a 38 being a larger lady, and you don't look large at all!

I think there are some differences and whether people are buying the bra that fits them best or that feels most comfortable.

Bra Size Information
Bra Size Calculator

Old 05-06-2011, 03:35 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,007,099 times
Quote:

No, they dont ride up at all, I get properly fitted every time I buy bras....one never knows if the have changed patterns, etc, you know?
I would think that there must be a difference in sizing, although what it would be, I dont know....

Old 05-06-2011, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
I agree that we should be able to trust a clothing chain and their competition but they are out to make money. Maybe by making busty curvy women appear to be of smaller sizes they can convince other women of larger chests and bands and bigger figures to want to buy their clothes. Vanity sizing exists in dress sizes so why not bras?

I want to believe you are right and that their sizes are accurate but a lot of them look bigger then they claim to me too.
Personally after years of living here I am pretty convinced that a lot of American women are wearing the wrong bra size.

I also don't think that a 34E F G GG H J and all the others are vanity sizes. I was horrified the irst time I went to a high end department store in the UK and was fitted at a 34 F instead of the 36 DD I had been wearing up until then.
BUT the fit of the new bras was SO MUCH better and made me look so much better in clothes it was crazy.

I DID hear Robin Quivers on Howard Stern a while ago saying that she went for a fitting at a proper bra place in New York and nobody believed her results either.

Found the link!

How to find the right bra size (The Robin Quivers Way) - National howard stern | Examiner.com

Yep so I'm standing by what I said - most women are wearing the wrong size.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty