Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: ....
Yes 28 16.09%
No 146 83.91%
Voters: 174. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2011, 07:58 PM

3,003 posts, read 6,097,727 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
I don't think that he was saying that these women are of 100% African ancestry. "Mixed" to many people (including myself) denotes a non-Black parent which may not always be the case. Just as you can have a very brown skinned (or dark skinned) person who happens to have a non-Black parent; the singer Amerie and actress Tatyana Ali come to mind. You can also have light skinned people who have two Black (yet again not 100% African ancestry) parents such as Vanessa Williams or Colin Powell.
Exactly. Someone with sense

Its common sense that black american women are not 100% West African. Black americans didnt get off the boat yesterday.lol. If you people were strictly talking about Africans from africa than thats a different story

Old 05-26-2011, 08:02 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,681,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K.O.N.Y View Post
All black americans are mixed. Thats not the point, the point is both of her parents are black along with the other girls i've posted. People are getting african-black confused with american black. When i said mixed i meant half black half white,hispanic etc. None of those girls are that, they're just black americans. Since when were black americans fully west african

And the point that was made. Is that a black woman doesnt have to be half white,hispanic etc to be lightskinned or have straight hair. As it was implied
Dude, though I understand where I think you may be going, you didn't really make your points very well. Anyway, you also fall into a trap when you use the "both parents are black" thing as well as the "mixed with hispanic" thing, because Hispanic people can be of any race or combination under the sun. Yes, all of these women could have two "black" parents, but that again means nothing because these "black" parents could be as mixed as any other mixes/biracial person. Doesn't make a difference what the parents called themselves or were known as.

Old 05-26-2011, 08:03 PM

323 posts, read 529,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
I agree Kenya is stunning, but sorry she definitely has some white in her. The first one possibly has some too.

I hope you didn't misunderstand my post. I was not saying I think pure African women are not attractive, but that I can't name one famous pure black woman whom is considered a 'sex symbol' by people. Serena and Venus William are two that come to mind, and they aren't ever thought of in the same category as Alicia Keys or something.

Oh my goodness - thanks for making me laugh so hard I cried!! What is a pure African women in the US ?? Do you really think you can tell by just looking?? Genetics can be very deceiving from the outside. Are there any pure Africans Americans in the US? Just because a person is very dark - does that make them pure? Did you know that there are dark skin African American women that look like Serena/Venus who are not pure African???

Genetics is a fascinating study -

Old 05-26-2011, 08:20 PM

3,003 posts, read 6,097,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Dude, though I understand where I think you may be going, you didn't really make your points very well. Anyway, you also fall into a trap when you use the "both parents are black" thing as well as the "mixed with hispanic" thing, because Hispanic people can be of any race or combination under the sun. Yes, all of these women could have two "black" parents, but that again means nothing because these "black" parents could be as mixed as any other mixes/biracial person. Doesn't make a difference what the parents called themselves or were known as.
The point is mixed means= half this and half thati.e half black/half white. It was implied earlier that most black women of beauty,were so because they were mixed. Which is truly not the case. Thus i showcased women who have black parents that have attractive features aswell

We black(americans) people are mutts by nature. So its no point in even bringing the whole "mixed" thing up anyway. Like i said people were confusing black americans with africans

The australian dude brought up national geographic.lol. Your chances of seeing a lisa raye(the chick in the silver bikini above) is slim to none. But shes still 100% black

Old 05-26-2011, 08:25 PM

2,501 posts, read 3,651,593 times
Men from all races are sexy!

End of story FTW!

Old 05-26-2011, 08:27 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,681,519 times
Quote:
The point is mixed means= half this and half thati.e half black/half white. It was implied earlier that most black women of beauty,were so because they were mixed. Which is truly not the case. Thus i showcased women who have black parents that have attractive features aswell
You can't quantify half this or half that any more than I can, and that makes the "half" thing pointless. I totally agree that beauty and mixed ancestry are not correlated. In this construction of race, for someone like Colin Powell to be considered "fully black" and someone like Barack Obama to be considered "half black" is beyond insane. There are many "fully black" people who are genetically less African than "half black" Barack Obama.

Quote:
We black(americans) people are mutts by nature. So its no point in even bringing the whole "mixed" thing up anyway. Like i said people were confusing black americans with africans
Yes, we are all mutts.

Quote:
The australian dude brought up national geographic.lol. Your chances of seeing a lisa raye(the chick in the silver bikini above) is slim to none. But shes still 100% black
I don't know what Lisa Raye is 100% of except that she's 100% fine.

Old 05-26-2011, 08:37 PM

323 posts, read 529,632 times
Quote:

We are not mutts by nature but instead because of human actions. Have you ever traveled to Africa?? There are people there with different skin tones just like here. You may not see them in US media. You say people are confusing Black americans with Africans - What is the difference in Black Americans and Africans other than where they live?

Old 05-26-2011, 08:53 PM

5,092 posts, read 8,855,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
I don't think that he was saying that these women are of 100% African ancestry. "Mixed" to many people (including myself) denotes a non-Black parent which may not always be the case. Just as you can have a very brown skinned (or dark skinned) person who happens to have a non-Black parent; the singer Amerie and actress Tatyana Ali come to mind. You can also have light skinned people who have two Black (yet again not 100% African ancestry) parents such as Vanessa Williams or Colin Powell.
When I think mixed, I think of a person who obviously gets some of their features from some other race than black. I would bet that every single one of those women has atleast one grandparent who is not black.

Old 05-26-2011, 08:54 PM

Quote:
When i said mixed i meant half black half white,hispanic etc. None of those girls are that, they're just black americans. Since when were black americans fully west african
And I'll ask you again, how do you know that none of these women aren't half something else? Are these pictures of your friends?

Old 05-26-2011, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Actually, they were arguing that the attractive black women have some white in them, not that they were biracial, so you didn't do anything to disprove their idiotic theory.

Quote:

You keep contradicting yourself. First you say that all black Americans are "mutts", then you say that Lisa Raye is 100% black. That makes no sense. Having two parents that identify as black does not make you fully black.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty