Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2011, 05:02 PM

2,468 posts, read 3,132,277 times

Advertisements

Here are some health & beauty tips I wish I'd known earlier, so I thought I'd share..

HEALTH:

-Take multi-vitamin & Omega 3 fatty acids daily
-Breath deeply
-Walk outside as often as you can... learn to walk with proper balance & posture, so you don't put unnecessary strain on bones/joints
-Drink filtered water... 1/2 your body weight... in ounces (your pee should be clear)
-DANCE & sing! (but not necessarily simultaneously ha ha) - healthy physically & mentally

-Pets & Plants can be de-stressors (& plants are natural air filters)
-Rest eyes regularly, esp. when focusing on close work (close eyes, look far away & look around)
-Avoid aluminum in food & deoderants (aluminum has been linked to Altimers)
-If you take antibiotics for bacterial infection, protect your gut by eating probiotics (like yogurt or acidophilus)
-Change sheets (especially pillow case) often

-If you have long hair, always blow dry hair that lies against your neck - helps prevent soar throat
-Get in a little extra work out - ie: suck in tummy or do kegels (or but-squeezes) while waiting in line,
Practice balance by standing on one foot while you put socks on
-Put on good moisturizing lotion every morning & night - go with dermatologists' recommendations

BEAUTY
-To moisturize & control frizzy hair, wet your hands, rub lotion & apply to hair ends & brush. (Also moisturizes your hands!) You can also use hair conditioner as a body moisturizer.
-Wear clothes that compliment your skin tone & figure... shirts that partly cover your bottom, usually make it look better.

Any health or beauty tips you've learned?

Last edited by SuperSoul; 05-18-2011 at 05:17 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2011, 08:34 PM

345 posts, read 994,662 times
1. Apply vaseline to clean feet, put on socks, and let the vaseline soften rough heels and dry cuticles. 2. Makeup brushes are amazing. Artist brushes may be used in lieu of more expensive makeup brushes. 3. Stay out of the sun except for those few minutes needed to get vitamin D naturally.
4. Mediate to calm and control your mind. Even a few minutes is a great stress releaser.

Old 05-28-2011, 01:33 PM

FWTransplant,
Thanks for those good ideas!
About meditating... I used to think, "I don't have time to meditate!" Then, I realized, even just 20 seconds of closing my eyes & deep breathing can make all of the difference!

Another health tip I learned:
Avocado, cilantro and beets add a lot to salad!

Old 05-28-2011, 02:38 PM

2,296 posts, read 6,285,680 times
Eat correctly for your blood type, the Victoria Secret models do!

The secret to the world's best bodies - Fashion + Beauty on Shine

Miranda Kerr mentions this in an E! Entertainment interview:

YouTube - ‪Miranda On E!‬‏

Avoid excessive sun exposure, use retinoids, drink "green" juices mixed in a Vitamix juicer, do peels a few times a year. Diet and exercise is a huge part of the equation, but good skin care helps also.

Old 05-28-2011, 07:38 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,071,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemon&lime View Post
Eat correctly for your blood type, the Victoria Secret models do!

The secret to the world's best bodies - Fashion + Beauty on Shine

Miranda Kerr mentions this in an E! Entertainment interview:
You mean that based on complete lies, distortions and deviations from the scientific process?

Old 05-29-2011, 10:22 AM

754 posts, read 1,923,010 times
Eat natural foods as often as you can. Don't fall for the low fat no fat crap, except with Milk. Use real butter instead of Margins etc. Drink plenty of water. This the best anti-aging, stay healthy advice I can give.

Old 05-30-2011, 09:55 PM

Thank you for the good tips.

I was reading a little about how to live to 100 & how "Centenarians" live better...
-Eat less than their calorie requirement
-Eat lots of fruits & vegetables
-Eat less salt
-Good vitamin A & E /Anti-oxidents were in their blood (but be careful since these are fat-soluble vitamins & can be overdosed)
-Exercise regularly (especially walking)
-Passionate - about hobbies & people they love
-Handle stress well ( & good sleep)

Old 05-30-2011, 11:44 PM

9 posts, read 17,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FW transplant View Post
1. Apply vaseline to clean feet, put on socks, and let the vaseline soften rough heels and dry cuticles. 2. Makeup brushes are amazing. Artist brushes may be used in lieu of more expensive makeup brushes. 3. Stay out of the sun except for those few minutes needed to get vitamin D naturally.
4. Mediate to calm and control your mind. Even a few minutes is a great stress releaser.
Good ideas,thanks for sharing.

Old 05-31-2011, 12:14 AM

3 posts, read 3,445 times
Few health and beauty makeup tips for you are given below:

1. Use foundation only on clean skin. Do not try to give a 'touch' to a stale make-up with foundation.

2. To avoid mascara flake-off or smudging on your face, apply a thin cost of mascara to top lashes only. Then run an eyelash brush through lashes to prevent clumpy mascara build-up.

3. Eyeliner should be applied close to base of eyelashes to make them look thicker. A soft pencil is easier to manage.

4. Nothing ages a person more than worry. Try to be positive and love every day as a new adventure and get joy from all the little things (so many cost nothing). Drink 8 glasses of water a day and use a moisturiser.

5. Use a gentle soap like Dove for acne prone skin. It makes your skin a lot less oily because its PH balanced.

Must try this.

Old 05-31-2011, 04:58 AM

56 posts, read 127,624 times
Wow Great site. Thanks for giving this concept related information. . Good ideas,thanks for sharing. Eat natural foods as often as you can. Don't fall for the low fat no fat crap, except with Milk. Use real butter instead of Margins etc. Drink plenty of water. This the best anti-aging, stay healthy advice I can give.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty