Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2011, 08:16 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,116,607 times

Advertisements

2 hours?!

yeah I'm a bit older than you and don't feel the need to do all that.

Wash, tone & moisturise with quality products.

repeat at night with a different moisturiser .....

Nothing beats a good nights sleep! your skin will thankyou for the extra zzzz's
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2011, 11:11 PM

1,410 posts, read 2,139,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophisticated Lifestyles View Post
I start a new job Monday. It takes me about 2 hours to get ready in the morning. I do the same routine every day whether I'm at home, with friends or at the office. I have to be at my new job 8:00 sharp every morning, 5 days a week. It is a 30 minute drive. I will have to get up at 5:30 if I want to prepare myself properly for the day! This includes eating breakfast, taking a shower, doing my skin care routine, applying makeup, styling my hair and many other things! I'm VERY high maintenance.

Also, the office setting I'm going to be working in has a lot of dust. My concern is that it will stick to my face and cause harmful environmental damage. I do a very complex skin care routine morning and night. I suppose as long as I'm washing my face in the evening it won't be such a big deal? Am I right?

Please offer any advice. Thank you!
I haven't worked in dusty environments, but I can totally relate to how long it takes me to go from just rolled out of bed to looking presentable.
I make sure to shower and shampoo before bed. That saves lots of time. Also, if you need to flat iron, do that right after blow drying before bed too. If you're able to sleep in curlers, that can save time, and if not, run the flat iron or curling iron quickly through the hair after waking up as well.
If your brows are too sparse, look into getting them tatooed, so you look more alert upon waking. There are nice eye rollers to quickly de-puff eyelids nowadays, so we no longer have to lie there for a while with the refridgerated eyemasks of yesteryear.
If your skin is mature or dry, just rinse it with a wet washcloth in the a.m. to remove drool and eyesnot, then use a toner and moisturized w/sunscreen. For foundation, compact versions save loads of time.
If possible, you can pack or buy a breakfast to eat once at work instead of from home.
The night before, that's when you can do your more comprehensive skincare rituals. Also, that's the best time to select your outfit for the next day, iron it and hang it out.
Hope that helps.
I hate mornings and have struggled with feeling rushed while I'm still half asleep.

Old 06-13-2011, 11:28 PM

19,717 posts, read 20,250,128 times
Quote:
I also receive a monthly facial for maintenance.

A.M.
Nutritive Facial Cleanser
Facial Firming Toner
Cold Plasma
Vitamin C Ester Eye Serum
High Potency Eye Lift
Advanced Face Firming Activator
Neuropeptide Facial Firming Cream
Sun Kissed SPF 25 Tinted Moisturizer

P.M.
Microfiber Cloth
Facial Firming Toner
Cold Plasma
High Potency Eye Lift
Concentrated Restorative Treatment
Face Finishing Moisturizer

I am 23 years old.

I have no idea what you look like, but there is no way your skin needs all that stuff on a regular basis, 2wice a day!

You may even be causing what appear to be more problems that need correcting by overcorrecting what appear to be problems...if that makes sense.

Old 06-14-2011, 09:29 AM

8,323 posts, read 15,171,483 times
Quote:
I would like to take this time to thank everyone for your thoughtful replies. I have included a list of products in precise order that I am using now.

All products are by Perricone MD in exception for the microfiber cloth, which I buy from Target in the Automotive/Cleaning Department. I use this for exfoliation. When using this cloth, you can control the level of exfoliation your skin needs. It also picks up any dirt that your cleanser may miss. It is an excellent exfoliating tool, and I consider this to be one of the key elements in my skin care routine.

A.M.
Facial Firming Toner
Cold Plasma
High Potency Eye Lift

P.M.
Microfiber Cloth
Facial Firming Toner
Cold Plasma
High Potency Eye Lift

I am 23 years old.
I'm 24 with rosacea. Here's my routine:

AM:
Water on a soft cloth
Burt's Bees lotion with 15spf

PM:
Water on a soft cloth
Atralin (cheeks, chin, and forehead only)

I've stopped using soaps and irritants (minus the atralin). They were all harming my face moreso than helping.

What also helps keep skin looking good is a proper diet with plenty of leafy green vegetables and lots of water. I also avoid most makeup with the exception of a touch of eyeliner, eyeshadow, mascara, and my tinted lip balm.

Loosen up on your routine. Your skin doesn't need all those products. Once you make a simple routine, you'll find that you can get ready in 30 minutes.

Old 06-14-2011, 09:58 AM

5,014 posts, read 6,605,097 times
Looking at your a.m. routine, since you cleansed your face the night before, you can eliminate the cleanser, just a splash of water and a quick swipe of toner. You also don't need two firming creams; just use one and alternate from day to day. Also, you don't need serum and lift for your eyes both a.m. and p.m. Pick one for day and one for night (I would use the serum a.m. and lift p.m.) I have no idea what Cold Plasma is or how long it takes or what it's for. Is that something that can be an evening-only routine? So that takes you from 8 things down to 5, or possibly 4.

Old 06-14-2011, 10:06 AM

7,099 posts, read 27,186,782 times
Guess what!!!!

The years are going to age you anyway. Check back with us when you get to be 50-69- or even 80. You can spend allllll day on your face, it's still going to age.

I can understand anyone that wants to look her best, but I think you have gone overboard with this.

Old 06-14-2011, 12:27 PM

5,014 posts, read 6,605,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weezycom View Post
Looking at your a.m. routine, since you cleansed your face the night before, you can eliminate the cleanser, just a splash of water and a quick swipe of toner. You also don't need two firming creams; just use one and alternate from day to day. Also, you don't need serum and lift for your eyes both a.m. and p.m. Pick one for day and one for night (I would use the serum a.m. and lift p.m.) I have no idea what Cold Plasma is or how long it takes or what it's for. Is that something that can be an evening-only routine? So that takes you from 8 things down to 5, or possibly 4.
Just read up on the Cold Plasma. It's yet another eye cream. No one needs three products at once on the thin skin around the eyes! Either use that by itself a.m. and the other two p.m., or stay with the serum for day and the lift & plasma at night.

Old 06-14-2011, 12:40 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,183,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
BACK to the OP:

There is no reason to "cleanse" your face in the morning, if you cleansed it before bed. Your skin doesn't get dirty overnight while you're asleep. It gets a little dried drool on it, and a few flakes of dead skin, but all you need for that is to RINSE your face and swipe some toner on it.
I conducted a small experiment this morning since I always clense my face in the morning. (After clensing it the night before.) This morning just rinse and toner. For me? Awful!

I lasted an hour, then went in and washed my face and put on my regular moisturizer. Felt much better. Different strokes and all that.

Old 06-14-2011, 01:18 PM

538 posts, read 1,522,199 times
Quote:
I start a new job Monday. It takes me about 2 hours to get ready in the morning. I do the same routine every day whether I'm at home, with friends or at the office.
Yikes!

I hope you find my reaction helpful.

Old 06-14-2011, 01:25 PM

12,054 posts, read 23,352,236 times
Quote:
I would like to take this time to thank everyone for your thoughtful replies. I have included a list of products in precise order that I am using now.

All products are by Perricone MD in exception for the microfiber cloth, which I buy from Target in the Automotive/Cleaning Department. I use this for exfoliation. When using this cloth, you can control the level of exfoliation your skin needs. It also picks up any dirt that your cleanser may miss. It is an excellent exfoliating tool, and I consider this to be one of the key elements in my skin care routine.

A.M.
Facial Firming Toner
Cold Plasma
High Potency Eye Lift

P.M.
Microfiber Cloth
Facial Firming Toner
Cold Plasma
High Potency Eye Lift

I am 23 years old.

I am also a Perricone user, but at age 23, I think you may be throwing some money away. You will still age and as I said before, it sure beats the alternative. However, you seem to have your system down pat, and I don't think that you would be happy or even comfortable changing it. By now you have probably started your new job, so let us know if you are changing your routine in any way and how you feel about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty