Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2011, 09:24 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,632,033 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyandcloudydays View Post
Oh my I read these posts and they are so true.

Skinny jeans really are ugly.
The Pink, Orange , blue or copper what ever people put in their hair is just tacky.

what is going on with the tattoo these days, does your whole arm, leg and back have to be covered?

Body Piercings in your nose and tongue.

Does someone really get complimented for this ugly fashion?

Tight Jackets on men Nothing looks as sloppy as a tight jacket that a man wears.

Crocks
Sketchers
shapeup shoes
sandles in general are just ugly , unless your truly going to the beach.
what ever happened to just plain old plastic or rubber beach sandles?

Baggy clothing. Not loose but baggy
A shag haircut or what ever the teen sensation Justin
Bieber has for a hair cut
Sandals could be a regional thing too. I live 5 miles from the beach and most people wear flip flops/ sandals year round.

As for the tattoos, yes, my entire arm needs to be covered. I got sick of people asking if I'm a recovering addict because of all the IV scars dotting my arm, so I got them covered up with tattoos. Yes, I get compliments all the time for them, far more than negative remarks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2011, 04:31 PM

8,515 posts, read 16,186,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sues1 View Post
I really hate, hate this look, so ghetto looking

azn nike socks and sandals - YouTube
Tjhat look it low class trash at it's best. Why would you wear socks with any kind of sandle/flip flop?

Old 09-21-2011, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by btsilver View Post
Didn't bother reading 30 pages of complaints so I'm just going to list mine:

Skinny Jeans
Men who wear sandals everywhere
Those curled pointed shoes
Skinny Jeans
Uggs
Crocs
Gladiator Sandals
Two Toned hair
Faux-hawks
Wearing V-neck undershirts as a regular shirt
Intentionally Mismatched clothes(designs and colors) intended to induce seizures in some people
Anything Kanye West Wears
Skinny Jeans
The intentional appearance of not Bathing

Let me guess.....you don't like skinny jeans?

Old 09-21-2011, 04:37 PM

The Sketchers with the BIG SOLES.............you've seen them.

Old 09-21-2011, 06:34 PM

4,696 posts, read 5,823,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
That's so funny, why would a woman want to look like a cheap hooker?
I bet you the truly cheap hookers don't bother to wear sexy shoes. They are raw and rough looking with no fashion sense. Often they are diseased. I don't understand the appeal. I would rather look at women who wears sexy shoes with heels than have sex for free with a cheap hooker.

Old 09-21-2011, 07:50 PM

3,522 posts, read 6,104,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Sandals could be a regional thing too. I live 5 miles from the beach and most people wear flip flops/ sandals year round.

As for the tattoos, yes, my entire arm needs to be covered. I got sick of people asking if I'm a recovering addict because of all the IV scars dotting my arm, so I got them covered up with tattoos. Yes, I get compliments all the time for them, far more than negative remarks.

The tats dont really bother me. Some of the attitudes that the people have with the tats is what does

I can live with that but the rings in the mouth and god only knows where else !

Old 09-21-2011, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
The Sketchers with the BIG SOLES.............you've seen them.
Yeah I have seen those and what ever happened to the basic shoe?

Every time I go into the outlet malls or shopping with the wife the shoes are all so weird looking.

they all resemble the brand clark, which I will never ever ever in a million years buy.

the shoe i have found comfortable and to me casual sytle is just the plain old docker loafer

what is up too with the skin tight shirts>?????

Old 09-22-2011, 12:05 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,632,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyandcloudydays View Post
The tats dont really bother me. Some of the attitudes that the people have with the tats is what does

I can live with that but the rings in the mouth and god only knows where else !
The attitudes are generally formed after years of people berating them for their choices, strangers telling them they're ugly and assuming they're all convicts.

The negative comments don't happen often, but when they do they're pretty harsh, and usually come from complete strangers. How would you feel if you spent hours designing something, then spent a good chunk of money on it only to have a middle aged woman come up to you while in line to buy some food and tell you you're going to be alone forever and that you're choices disgust her and you should cover them up while in public.

I developed a pretty nasty attitude for a while too

I also had my lip and nose pierced. Ah, youth . I don't regret any of it.

Old 09-22-2011, 04:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
The attitudes are generally formed after years of people berating them for their choices, strangers telling them they're ugly and assuming they're all convicts.

The negative comments don't happen often, but when they do they're pretty harsh, and usually come from complete strangers. How would you feel if you spent hours designing something, then spent a good chunk of money on it only to have a middle aged woman come up to you while in line to buy some food and tell you you're going to be alone forever and that you're choices disgust her and you should cover them up while in public.

I developed a pretty nasty attitude for a while too

I also had my lip and nose pierced. Ah, youth . I don't regret any of it.
That is your choice and you have a right to do what ever you wish.
Just because I dont like the fashion you have chosen doesnt mean I do not like the person who is in the skin!

Old 09-22-2011, 06:09 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,706,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
Tjhat look it low class trash at it's best. Why would you wear socks with any kind of sandle/flip flop?
The athletic sandal with socks originated when athletes had to take their shoes off. My daughter went to basketball camp a couple summers ago, and everybody took their court shoes off, left their socks on (because they had sweaty feet) and slipped on some Adidas-type sandals over their socks to go home. It makes complete sense from a utilitarian point of view. You just want something comfy on your feet. The looks has been adopted by people outside of sports, but that's not the first time that's happened.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty