Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2011, 12:37 AM

8,679 posts, read 15,269,059 times

Advertisements

Buxom side-sleeper? That sounds like the name of a shooter. "Hi, my friends and I will have five Buxom Side-Sleepers and a round of beers."

Seriously, though, I remember the discomfort. You're young, too. Wait until you get older and you start retaining water right before your period. Rolling onto your right side at night will feel like you're tearing your left arm off at the lymph nodes, and you'll be inquiring about whether there is a happy medium between wearing suspension cables and getting breast reduction surgery.

Fortunately, aside from prescription diuretics, there is a simple solution that doesn't involve elastic, hooks, wires, or chafing. You could get a down-alternative pillow and sleep holding it between yer boobs. (Down-alternative is just as soft as feathers, but much slower to gather dust mites, with no pointy quills.)

Of course, for hetero women with bed partners, nothing quite beats a strong man's forearm wedged between the twins while he spoons you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2011, 07:41 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,712,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yzette View Post
Buxom side-sleeper? That sounds like the name of a shooter. "Hi, my friends and I will have five Buxom Side-Sleepers and a round of beers."

Seriously, though, I remember the discomfort. You're young, too. Wait until you get older and you start retaining water right before your period. Rolling onto your right side at night will feel like you're tearing your left arm off at the lymph nodes, and you'll be inquiring about whether there is a happy medium between wearing suspension cables and getting breast reduction surgery.

Fortunately, aside from prescription diuretics, there is a simple solution that doesn't involve elastic, hooks, wires, or chafing. You could get a down-alternative pillow and sleep holding it between yer boobs. (Down-alternative is just as soft as feathers, but much slower to gather dust mites, with no pointy quills.)

Of course, for hetero women with bed partners, nothing quite beats a strong man's forearm wedged between the twins while he spoons you.
HAHAHAHA! Good one!

Girdles are hardly as comfortable as bras.....seriously....

Old 03-13-2015, 10:00 PM

11 posts, read 30,828 times
Better braless, but if you aren't quite comfy you could get a pregnant night bra. Softer and has an easier wear than a sports bra.

Old 03-14-2015, 04:52 PM

8,612 posts, read 10,763,632 times
Been doing the sport bra for a few years now. No saggin' here.

Oops, didn't realize this thread was so old!!!!!!!

Old 03-14-2015, 05:09 PM

11,160 posts, read 7,964,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Currency Pair Crocodile View Post
It also contains certain devices like hooks, metal and other entities which can cause serious skin injuries to the male, that is

I almost had to get my tooth fixed once.

Braful sleep, therefore, is harmful to society.

Yup... If you only have one tooth, best to protect it.

Old 03-14-2015, 05:21 PM

17,535 posts, read 39,131,539 times
Old thread I know, but I can't imagine sleeping in a bra - I sleep nude, very comfortable and healthy. It is not healthy to wear a bra anymore than one has to.

Old 03-14-2015, 05:28 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,925,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
Old thread I know, but I can't imagine sleeping in a bra - I sleep nude, very comfortable and healthy. It is not healthy to wear a bra anymore than one has to.
I totally agree - free the puppies!

I can't imagine sleeping in a bra. I'm way too claustrophobic for that. Hell, I can't even sleep in socks. Come to think of it, I have to have one foot sticking out of the covers too!

Old 03-14-2015, 08:29 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,576,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I totally agree - free the puppies!

I can't imagine sleeping in a bra. I'm way too claustrophobic for that. Hell, I can't even sleep in socks. Come to think of it, I have to have one foot sticking out of the covers too!
I couldn't, either, until I got pregnant and had to start contending with sore boobs. A sleep bra or a sports bra is pretty necessary, now, to decrease movement and discomfort overnight.

Old 03-14-2015, 09:04 PM

2,026 posts, read 334,224 times
I never have slept without my bra on as far as I remember. I might change into a non-underwire one but to sleep without, no.

Old 03-14-2015, 09:07 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,208,559 times
Whatever suits you girl. I am male and require a shirt to bed. Else, I feel too cold.

Room temperature: 80 in summer, and 73 in winter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty