Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2011, 07:16 AM

50,378 posts, read 63,993,273 times

Advertisements

I really wonder this myself. I'm no prude, but it seems like so many women are so clueless about how bad they look with their boobs hanging out of their clothes.
If they think it makes men lust for them, then OK, if that's what you're going for.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2011, 10:18 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,713,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annika08 View Post
I have to say I disagree with this, it seems most men don't care if there is anything or not upstairs as long as she looks good. Some of my male friends have told me they don't really like women who are smart or have something else going for them other than looking good. These are middle-aged men too, not 19 year old frat boys (often one can't tell the difference).
Being old does not make you a man.

Old 08-19-2011, 11:14 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,962,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annika08 View Post
I have to say I disagree with this, it seems most men don't care if there is anything or not upstairs as long as she looks good. Some of my male friends have told me they don't really like women who are smart or have something else going for them other than looking good. These are middle-aged men too, not 19 year old frat boys (often one can't tell the difference).
I understand this. When I was dating, I could care less what the woman had going on upstairs as long as she was HOT and FUN to be with. I wasnt looking for someone to marry, have kids with, to discuss European literature with, or talk about our favorite baroque and impressionist artists over earl grey tea with. I could do that with my male friends. When it comes to chicks, I was always looking for someone attractive and fun to be around. She could be a smoking HOT Starbucks Barista, a chick working the drive thru at In-N-Out Burger, or just a semi-unemployed chick who makes occasional money by teaching yoga in the park or at the beach (all of which I have dated). Being smart was a "nice to have" not a "must have".

I kid you not, I once dated this chick who looked like Victorias Secret Super Model Adriana Lima who said to me one night as we were camping out on the beach looking at the stars "Wow, look at all those stars, they are each probably as big as two or three city blocks huh?". I didnt care because she was HOTTER than Adriana Lima, had perfect body, was GREAT at sex, and super fun to be around. She made me happy.

Last edited by LaoTzuMindFu; 08-19-2011 at 11:44 AM..

Old 08-19-2011, 11:36 AM

14,539 posts, read 21,263,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
OR MAYBE it's more comfortable to not have clothing come up to your neck. It doesn't take much to show some cleavage. There would be less of it if we didn't have to wear bras that keep the galls "up there" but I'm guessing you'd have something to say about that too...lol
Thanks to my dear son I went up to a D cup. I hate not having support but with that you get cleavage. I'm not al all ashamed of showing it off. But I hate wearing clothes up the the collarbone unless its cold and I need them so I would anyway.

I don't care if guys think its sexy or not. I am sure there are other things about me that they don't see that way. But I dress to please myself, even if What not to wear would (try) to throw away my assorted wardrobe.

I personally have a pretty low view of someone male or female who dresses so the opposite (or same if that's the case) sex will enjoy looking. They need to grow an identity of their own.

Old 08-19-2011, 11:47 AM

1,478 posts, read 5,084,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opsimathia View Post
I avoid showing cleavage because guys are pigs. I think it looks trashy too. Women pick what they like. Not everyone is desperate to be gawked at by random males.
That's fine. What gets me is women who show a bunch of cleavage and then act all wierded out or even offended if guys are staring or a guy has trouble maintaining eye contact. I mean, don't show it off if I'm not supposed to look.

Old 08-19-2011, 01:19 PM

321 posts, read 533,990 times
Cleavage is like a pair of spotlights. They can be glaring when you show too much but then who wont wanna to show off? That;s one of the best asset for a woman to flaunt it. Guys loves it just like some gals who like to see those big muscular biceps.
Honk if you luv the hotters.

Old 08-19-2011, 02:28 PM

5,706 posts, read 9,632,328 times
Do plumbers show cleavage for the same reason women do?

Old 08-19-2011, 05:46 PM

4,475 posts, read 6,686,522 times
i think the whole thing is stupid. "Im suppose to be able to show off my body because im a woman but i'll get offended if you look at my body sexually".

Old 08-20-2011, 02:06 AM

3,943 posts, read 6,375,076 times
I'll never understand men's fascination with breasts or butts. What is there about a bunch of fat with a nipple stuck on the end that looks sexy? Especially knowing they are to feed our babies with?

Old 08-20-2011, 04:06 AM

321 posts, read 533,990 times
Because men are born and bred to be suckers?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty