Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-18-2011, 03:53 AM

3 posts, read 3,670 times

Advertisements

i'm Cathy,24years old,right now i am working in a designer company of girl clothes in shanghai,i wanna to find a fashion buyer job in shanghai,is there any one know how should i do first?should i go to some institute to study first?i find one in HongKong,its HongKong Institute of Fashion Buyer,studys in shanghai,i dont know its good or not,or just find a assistant of fashion buyer,is that possible?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2011, 10:35 AM

615 posts, read 1,676,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy Pan View Post
i'm Cathy,24years old,right now i am working in a designer company of girl clothes in shanghai,i wanna to find a fashion buyer job in shanghai,is there any one know how should i do first?should i go to some institute to study first?i find one in HongKong,its HongKong Institute of Fashion Buyer,studys in shanghai,i dont know its good or not,or just find a assistant of fashion buyer,is that possible?
Have you expressed your interest to your current employer? I would if you have not.

It wouldn't hurt to taking some formal schooling in the industry.

Good luck!

Old 10-03-2011, 10:29 AM

no, i didnt, coz i am not sure i should go to study or not.. thank u.. are u also doing this area?

Old 10-03-2011, 10:38 AM

615 posts, read 1,676,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy Pan View Post
no, i didnt, coz i am not sure i should go to study or not.. thank u.. are u also doing this area?

I did at one point in my career. I didn't actively seek it out, the Women's Apparel Buyer offered me the opportunity to be her Asst and it was a FUN job. A lot of work, but lots of fun!

I've always loved fashion, so it was something that was not "work" per se for me. However, it was not something that I wanted to pursue as a career. It was just an experience/oppty during my younger years.

How are you planning to pursue this goal?

Old 10-18-2011, 06:09 AM

I am studying Fashion Buyer now,it is a lot of work like what u said,but its lots of fun also,u are so lucky to got a buyer asst job,i also want to find one after i study,hope i can get one also

where are u from?how is Fashion Buyer in ur country?its not so many people know here in Shanghai..

Cathy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty