Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2011, 08:57 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,724,589 times

Advertisements

I don't generally mix Argyle sweaters with polos, I mostly pick up checked shirts, but I pulled this combo once and it came along nice

What I mixed was a brooks brothers full sleeve white polo with pin-stripe collars, BB is good at this kind of clothing, where the collar stands out exquisitely. And on top of that a V-neck sweater from Macy's, it was complementary:
Alfani Sweater, Diamond V Neck - Black Friday Specials - Men's - Macy's

It's the flint heather colour and it was quite cheap when I picked it up and it's even cheaper now for black friday.

For pants, I found this chinos type of pants in nordstrom, which almost looks like a khakhi pants, but is not, perfectly lines my thighs in trim fit fashion and sits nice atop my shoes. The best part about this pants is that it still has some gap around the legs and it's not too trim where it looks like the leggings which girls wear. Straight fit is a much better term.

And I'm rotating two shoes regularly, all winter. A cole haan and the bahama from sperry.
Cole Haan. Air Quincy Lace Oxford

The oil plaid canvas one:
Sperry Top-Sider - Men's Bahama

I found a much better version in Lord and Taylor, but it looks similar.

Also picked up a straight fit mock corduroy pants from levi, which is like dark green. And I'm mulling investing on these two, the deal expires today and this will look awesome in my collection, particularly when spring and summer come up where I can mix them over my shorts

LONG SLEEVE SMALL LION POLO at Express

If I have to buy, I'll pick up the blue and red. Red always looks good on the antler man!

Who else is on a buying spree?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2011, 10:01 AM

2,444 posts, read 3,584,462 times
Nice winter... I usually go for something more like this:
http://www.natureandkind.com/downloa...peditions.jpeg

Old 11-28-2011, 11:47 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,962,008 times
Im wondering how Carson Kressley, Adam Lambert, Bruno Tonioli, Tim Gunn, Greg Louganis, Elton John, Little Richard, Mondo (or any other dude from Project Runway), David Bromstead, Perez Hilton, T.R. Knight, Richard Simmons, Liberace or some other "FABULOUS" guy was able to log into Manly Man's Antlered CD account and start posting threads about Fashion.

A.C.'s man card has been revoked and his glitter encrusted pink Fab Card has been delivered and activated. LOL.

Just kidding dude. I usually go for the Macy's and Nordstrom look for winter. Or, as wintery as it gets here in Los Angeles. Dont do V necks though. The Lion polo and shoes you posted are cool.

Old 11-28-2011, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
Im wondering how Carson Kressley, Adam Lambert, Bruno Tonioli, Tim Gunn, Greg Louganis, Elton John, Little Richard, Mondo (or any other dude from Project Runway), David Bromstead, Perez Hilton, T.R. Knight, Richard Simmons, Liberace or some other "FABULOUS" guy was able to log into Manly Man's Antlered CD account and start posting threads about Fashion.

A.C.'s man card has been revoked and his glitter encrusted pink Fab Card has been delivered and activated. LOL.

Just kidding dude. I usually go for the Macy's and Nordstrom look for winter. Or, as wintery as it gets here in Los Angeles. Dont do V necks though. The Lion polo and shoes you posted are cool.
I got a pedicure and a manicure over the holidays

V-neck is the only way my shirt collar's going to show up a bit, dude. I have a few V-necks, not many.

Those polos are wonderful. Blue and red are the only two colours which go well on me.

I can't wait for spring. These long polos, with shorts and plaid/checked/madras shoes. That would be the killer look

Old 11-28-2011, 10:47 PM

17 posts, read 15,237 times
I was looking for some nice winder collections. Thanks for sharing those links. It helped me a lot.

Old 11-29-2011, 08:08 AM

2,117 posts, read 5,369,711 times
Get to shopping for those winder clothes.

Old 11-29-2011, 05:47 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,183,567 times
Chamy, Easy does it on the Sperry Docksiders. Do not wear those with anything argyle! Or with polka dots. Or stripes. You do not want to look like all you need is a big plastic flower that squirts water in your lapel.

Old 11-30-2011, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Chamy, Easy does it on the Sperry Docksiders. Do not wear those with anything argyle! Or with polka dots. Or stripes. You do not want to look like all you need is a big plastic flower that squirts water in your lapel.
Really??

My every weekend look is a dark full sleeve round neck underneath, argyle V sweater on top, white or black shorts depending on the nature of the sweater and plaid shoes from polo or sperry. Is that supposed to look odd?

My friends tell me it all looks fine

Old 11-30-2011, 11:55 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,183,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
Really??

My every weekend look is a dark full sleeve round neck underneath, argyle V sweater on top, white or black shorts depending on the nature of the sweater and plaid shoes from polo or sperry. Is that supposed to look odd?

My friends tell me it all looks fine
I've re-thought this. The above description sounds good. Thumbs up. But I wouldn't put a plaid or a stripe too close to the shoes. Meaning pants. And no argyle socks with those shoes. Unless you want to draw attention to your feet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty