Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2011, 11:24 AM

404 posts, read 1,147,912 times

Advertisements

I'm 5'6 and a size 32/33 depending on the brand. I'm picky about my pants because most normal fit pants make me look shorter than I already am. I hate when the crotch of the pants is halfway down my thighs making my legs look short and stubby. 2-3 years ago it was almost impossible to find a decent pair of khaki's that didn't make me look like a midget or MC Hammer. Now there are more choices since slim fits have become popular. What are your favorite brand pants?

I personally like Dockers Slim fit pants. They fit me perfect but aren't too skinny like I'm trying to be a hipster. Jcrew pants fit fairly nice as well. I like how H&M's pants look but they're just way too skinny. They're only for naturally skinny guys who struggle to gain weight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2011, 12:51 PM

410 posts, read 949,641 times
What are Brand Pants?

Old 12-01-2011, 01:06 PM

11,495 posts, read 26,872,184 times
My husband is short but he's never had a problem with pants looking weird. I've seen some tall men whose pants obviously needed to be longer in the rise (the male camel toe look is never cool) but I've never seen short men with the problem you're describing. The pants that fit my husband the best are Dickies classic fit, or really any pair of jeans. For khakis, he usually wears Dockers or Haggar pants.

Old 12-01-2011, 09:39 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,761,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by poloi3eai2 View Post
I hate when the crotch of the pants is halfway down my thighs
It's as if they make all the pants the same and to make the length shorter they just take some inches off the leg. So, they take a pair of 34/34 pants and cut two inches off the legs to make 34/32 pants. That why the inseam is so low.

Old 12-02-2011, 06:20 AM

14,129 posts, read 31,251,117 times
I just bought some 32/30 jeans at the Gap Outlet that fit perfectly. They're short in the waist so don't have any sag. Only $25 too. You might have to shop online for a shorter inseam as the stores don't seem to stock less than 30".

For dressier styles, Lands End has ones that fit nicely. I get the tailored cut as they're slimmer. I hate baggy looking pants.

Old 12-02-2011, 06:39 AM

14,129 posts, read 31,251,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
It's as if they make all the pants the same and to make the length shorter they just take some inches off the leg. So, they take a pair of 34/34 pants and cut two inches off the legs to make 34/32 pants. That why the inseam is so low.
You could reduce your waist size a couple inches.

Old 12-02-2011, 07:23 AM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,389,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by poloi3eai2 View Post
I'm 5'6 and a size 32/33 depending on the brand. I'm picky about my pants because most normal fit pants make me look shorter than I already am. I hate when the crotch of the pants is halfway down my thighs making my legs look short and stubby. 2-3 years ago it was almost impossible to find a decent pair of khaki's that didn't make me look like a midget or MC Hammer. Now there are more choices since slim fits have become popular. What are your favorite brand pants?

I personally like Dockers Slim fit pants. They fit me perfect but aren't too skinny like I'm trying to be a hipster. Jcrew pants fit fairly nice as well. I like how H&M's pants look but they're just way too skinny. They're only for naturally skinny guys who struggle to gain weight.
If you buy American made pants you can stand taller than all those six footers wearing made in India, China, etc,etc. pants.

You won't look any taller but you will feel taller

All American Jeans and Clothing Made in USA

Old 12-02-2011, 08:18 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,720,562 times
I'm between 5 9 and 5 10 and women still call me a shortie

It doesn't depend on the brand, it depends on the fabric. But I will stay away from Dockers and Hagar, they are for the old boys, pappies, grand diddies.

If you wear one of those Hagar pants and head out into the streets, you're sure to have a sugar baby ask you, "Will you be my Daddy?"

Old 12-02-2011, 08:20 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,720,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
If you buy American made pants you can stand taller than all those six footers wearing made in India, China, etc,etc. pants.

You won't look any taller but you will feel taller

All American Jeans and Clothing Made in USA
That's the biggest piece of bull I have read here after Treasured Jewel

Everybody makes clothes in India, China, Taiwan, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh for obvious reasons. I even saw a made in Pakistan deal in Neiman Marcus.

Old 12-02-2011, 08:38 AM

2,117 posts, read 5,368,817 times
Don't buy your trousers or jeans at Walmart, problem solved.

Oh, I wear Nudie and G-Star.

Also, it does depend on the brand because certain brands use certain fabrics. Even then, you should be cautious. Levi's sold in Walmart use different fabrics and are not made the same as those Levi's sold in higher end stores.

If you spend less than eighty dollars on jeans, you're wrong.

And yes, PDD, that was the most ridiculous post ever.

Edit: What are "normal fit pants". Also, by pants do you mean jeans or trousers?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty