Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-19-2012, 06:51 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,745,361 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by noela View Post
Most women care much more about other women's opinions than they do about men's opinions, and they dress to impress their mothers, sisters, female friends and acquaintances and even their enemies... This is a fact. It can be in a competitive way or just because they want to be told how beautiful they look (even when we're little girls, it's mostly females who tell us what we should be wearing, when we look our best etc) without there being sexual nuances.

Most men aren't too qualified in the style department anyway, so you can't really trust them...
Definitely, that applies to me, too. Basically I only decide between what looks good and what doesn't. But fashion and style are not my thing, maybe if I were gay, most male fashion designers seem to be gay
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2012, 08:24 AM

7,507 posts, read 4,399,446 times
My ex once told me that women who wear high heels are trashy-hos. He is a Christian, and I thought, you think God is happy with how you are judging them? And you call yourself a pastor? Man, how embarrassing. That's why I don't respect him. Opinion is one thing, judging is another.

I wear high heels but only on special occasion. Maybe night out with my girls. I thought a real women is someone who loves themselves? Makes more sense to me.

Old 01-19-2012, 08:35 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,060,466 times
Quote:
Most women care much more about other women's opinions than they do about men's opinions, and they dress to impress their mothers, sisters, female friends and acquaintances and even their enemies... This is a fact. It can be in a competitive way or just because they want to be told how beautiful they look (even when we're little girls, it's mostly females who tell us what we should be wearing, when we look our best etc) without there being sexual nuances.

Most men aren't too qualified in the style department anyway, so you can't really trust them...
Of course, men too. Our earliest peer pressure tends to come from same-sex friends, and this doesn't really change in later life. A lot of that is competitiveness, or like you say to feel good about oneself/increase self-esteem by receiving compliments. One can't deny, though, that a lot of the reason behind high heels WAS to titilate the opposite sex.

Old 01-19-2012, 08:36 AM

428 posts, read 487,257 times
LOL on the thread title. I do know a few people who actually think heels are womanly. That's nonsense, IMO. As if balancing on the balls of your feet somehow makes you more of a woman. What's next? Men having to carry an axe over their shoulder to prove they are real men?

Old 01-19-2012, 10:30 AM

181 posts, read 684,490 times
Quote:

Exactly !

Old 01-19-2012, 02:41 PM

6,066 posts, read 15,049,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumbler. View Post
By the way, how long do most women's high heels shoes last anyway?
This majorly depends on the quality of the shoe. In this case, with shoes, you really do need to spend the money to get the better quality. There's nothing worse than cheap flimsy shoes. I honestly think that this is why so many women develop problems - they buy cheap shoes! When you spend the money and get the good shoes, your feet don't hurt and you can walk better in them and they last longer, to boot.

Also - I LOVE a kitten heel. I wish there were more gorgeous kitten heel shoes out there with a round toe. I cannot stand harsh pointy-toed shoes.

Old 01-19-2012, 02:44 PM

6,066 posts, read 15,049,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notyouraveragebear View Post
Men having to carry an axe over their shoulder to prove they are real men?
Hmm.... in a tight white t-shirt... faded jeans.... a little scruffy with a twinkle in his eye... yep I could see that!

Old 01-19-2012, 05:06 PM

4,475 posts, read 6,685,511 times
my wife never wears heels. Is she a real woman? Well, she has 2 breasts and a vagina that she was born with so im saying yes.

Old 01-19-2012, 05:08 PM

4,475 posts, read 6,685,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notyouraveragebear View Post
What's next? Men having to carry an axe over their shoulder to prove they are real men?
So is it carry the axe over the right or left shoulder to signify that youre straight or gay?

Old 01-19-2012, 06:54 PM

16,075 posts, read 21,148,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by haggardhouseelf View Post
I cannot stand harsh pointy-toed shoes.
I'm with you on that. My mother called those roach killers, made for getting in the corners.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty