Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2012, 08:22 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,047,835 times

Advertisements

It's sad to see older women still worshipping youth. Youth, my friends, is cheap. People are born everyday. Age and wisdom are worth more, they take a lifetime of experience. I saw this as a 25 year old on the verge of his 26th birthday. I'm having a quarter life crisis.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2012, 08:25 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,693,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
It's sad to see older women still worshipping youth. Youth, my friends, is cheap. People are born everyday. Age and wisdom are worth more, they take a lifetime of experience. I saw this as a 25 year old on the verge of his 26th birthday. I'm having a quarter life crisis.
That's easy for you to say--you're a man. Age and wisdom are not valued in women to the extent that beauty and sexuality are.

Old 01-20-2012, 09:16 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,710,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
That's easy for you to say--you're a man. Age and wisdom are not valued in women to the extent that beauty and sexuality are.
Words out of my mouth. I tip my hat to you!

I really think its just a case of people not taking care of themselves all the best and when they hit that age range it all shows up. So in a panic they backpedal trying everything they can to give the illusion of health.

People say youth...but really they are chasing health. You don't have to look like crap at 50 but people realize that too late or have a life that prevents optimal self care.

Some people call it youth
I call it health

We need to just stop connecting your prime with being a young adult. Part of getting older is being smarter with your choices right? If you want to look healthy, act healthy. If you want to look fresh and youthful, eat fresh and stay young with the same optimism and energy.

And oh...they do botox hands these days.

Your body is the story of how you are living. Don't hate it for what you did to it. Step away from duck lips and botox. Except for maybe the neck botox. LOL
I have seen that look rather normal and good. Unlike face ones.

Old 01-20-2012, 09:34 AM

Botox scares the bejeezus out of me, haha. I think the best things you can do for your face are to drink plenty of water, wear a hat, moisturize, eat decent food, get lots of sleep, and not smoke. Some women are blessed with great skin, though, and that's just luck. You've got to do the best with what you have.

Old 01-20-2012, 09:40 AM

1,318 posts, read 5,271,693 times
Hmmm,botox for the neck? Im not diggin my chicken neck..hmmm.

Greenchili

Old 01-20-2012, 10:04 AM

19,705 posts, read 20,236,139 times
I believe I am the opposite. I would love to skip all this junk and be an old lady in a jazzy scooter with purple hair already...

Old 01-20-2012, 02:52 PM

2,053 posts, read 4,815,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Botox scares the bejeezus out of me, haha. I think the best things you can do for your face are to drink plenty of water, wear a hat, moisturize, eat decent food, get lots of sleep, and not smoke. Some women are blessed with great skin, though, and that's just luck. You've got to do the best with what you have.
Totally agree!!
Everyone notices when people are overbotoxed or had plastic surgery trying to reverse the aging process.
I would much rather do my best to look (appropriately) young(ish) but still keep my natural look.
I would like to look 5 or 10 years younger,yes, but anything younger than that is certainly not for me, I sure want to look somehow close to my age!

Old 01-20-2012, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
I believe I am the opposite. I would love to skip all this junk and be an old lady in a jazzy scooter with purple hair already...
Like Betty White! She is adorable and everybody loves her.

Old 01-20-2012, 03:48 PM

973 posts, read 1,705,055 times
My momma use to tell me that a woman's hands are a dead giveaway, but now you can get fat transfers there (don't think Botox would do it for that as it is used for those who sweat a lot), and BAM!no more thin skin and/or veins showing. BUT if you look closely, you will notice the skin is looser around the wrists and up the arm, so....

And I may be in the minority, but I don't think Botox is bad, and I have used it for my 11's and will again when I retire this June. I also don't think any procedure that makes your "outside" match your "inside" is bad. I will also get Restalyne...no big deal. However, women the OP may be referring to are those who think they will look like a "natural" 30 year old would when they are 60, for that is NOT happening due to what JustJulia had mentioned, the teeth, gums and the eyes (but I think it will be due to the smaller pupil,for when we age, they don't open up as much) as well as the thinning hair, the walking/strutting/running, the getting up quickly and plain balance are also a dead giveaway. And as for me, I wouldn't WANT to look half may age or when I did when I was 30, for physically, I am in better shape now.

I also agree with JJ's assessment that the OP is YOUNG and a male, so why is he even worrying about this and females as as there is still a BIG double standard when it comes to that. However, I will say this: When I was in college, a Cathy cartoon (for those of you who remember it) came out and it was about her sunbathing, and what can happen due to it. The last frame had her saying that why would she care if she had wrinkles when she was 70? I kept it for a LONGGGG time as I thought the same way; but now as 70 is in my "sights" I am thinking, "LORD,why didn't I listen to the other "frames"?? )

Last edited by Sagitarrius48; 01-20-2012 at 03:58 PM..

Old 01-20-2012, 03:50 PM

973 posts, read 1,705,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miaiam View Post
Totally agree!!
Everyone notices when people are overbotoxed or had plastic surgery trying to reverse the aging process.
I would much rather do my best to look (appropriately) young(ish) but still keep my natural look.
I would like to look 5 or 10 years younger,yes, but anything younger than that is certainly not for me, I sure want to look somehow close to my age!

Over Botoxed yes, but if you had a good plastic surgeon for a mini face-lift, my bet is NO esp. if you met the person for the first time and there are no "before" and "after" shots in your head.

BUT I do agree totally with your last statement!

Last edited by Sagitarrius48; 01-20-2012 at 04:31 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty