Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2012, 01:59 AM

3,059 posts, read 8,285,858 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
I have read this in a number of threads. Lately, I have noticed that my DH, in his late 40s, seems to have greener eyes, almost a pale emerald. Very beautiful, but when we met, over 25 years ago his eyes were hazel.

Has any one noticed this?
Interesting thread - reading the posts it seems to be happening a lot with green eyes! Mine were almost brown when I was younger - now - really green. My daughter's eyes are hazel and getting greener. My mother's eyes did the same - hazel to a pale green as she got older.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2012, 09:44 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,068,476 times
Many European babies are born with blue/light eyes, which often darken into anything up to a dark brown. I do think after middle age your eyes do tend to lighten - I've noticed it in people of all ethnicities. Having cataracts can also make one's eyes appear lighter, like my grandfather's eyes look almost blue.

Old 01-30-2012, 01:29 PM

3,295 posts, read 7,017,674 times
They do especially if, some day, as you've aged, you gaze out at the world through rose-tinted glas... contact lenses.

Old 02-01-2012, 09:04 AM

123 posts, read 256,716 times
i guess so. When I was younger my eyes were light brown and now are almost black

Old 02-01-2012, 09:13 AM

258 posts, read 450,749 times
My eyes have definitely changed color but my optometrist said its due to the lack of sunlight reaching my irises. They've gotten lighter over the years but no complete color change for me. They're just about 5 shades lighter.

Old 02-01-2012, 09:36 AM

123 posts, read 256,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinnella View Post
My eyes have definitely changed color but my optometrist said its due to the lack of sunlight reaching my irises. They've gotten lighter over the years but no complete color change for me. They're just about 5 shades lighter.
what color are they? This is very interesting...the lack of sunlight can change your eyes color...

Old 02-01-2012, 10:19 AM

258 posts, read 450,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kristisha View Post
what color are they? This is very interesting...the lack of sunlight can change your eyes color...
They went from pitch black to light brown.

I used very dark color contacts daily in my youth all throughout high school and college so it may have made a difference in comparison to regular contacts.

Although I've been told recently at my latest check up that I've developed a red ring around my irises because my eyes have been deprived of oxygen from constant contact use. Its extremely gradual and minute, so no worries anytime soon and I can keep wearing contacts. But I wear my glasses more often now!

Old 02-01-2012, 08:23 PM

3,734 posts, read 4,547,427 times
I've noticed some elderly black people's eyes go from brown or hazel in their youth to blue, as they age. I've heard it may be due to cataracts.

I'm not sure how common this is with the elderly of of other races.

Old 02-02-2012, 01:39 PM

860 posts, read 2,716,591 times
One more with hazel darker eyes that lost their brown spots and are now jade(smokey dark blue- green) green with very little brown. They are still dark, but green. When we first moved to the Phoenix area a few Summers back, I was outside alot in the harsh sun and noticed the brown (melanin) spots increasing, but presently they are more green again.

My young son has golden brown eyes with very little hazel green, but I am sure they will be like mine someday and my father has the same jade green color I now have. My Dad and I are prematurely silver grey from dark brown- anyone else with fading eyes have the pre-mature grey??

Old 02-02-2012, 01:54 PM

9,238 posts, read 22,902,469 times
I had blue eyes as a kid, until puberty. Since then they have been green. Right around age 13, I looked in the mirror one day and was like "hey mom, I have green eyes now!"
Maybe when I hit menopause they'll change again?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty