Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2012, 01:10 PM

4,472 posts, read 17,695,418 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
I like it, but I'm from Europe. I've noticed that you and I share quite a few tastes, but we live in friggin' Arizona, not Europe. Everything kind of depends on what kind of people you want it to look good to… At least that’s the rule of thumb I stick to myself.
I'd agree with your assessment, it really does depend on the type of crowd you're with.

And I've also noticed a similar trend in our tastes, great minds think alike. So when's the first date; how about I pick you up Friday evening in the 'Vette and we hit up Ruth Chris.

The one thing about Arizona is that it seems EVERYONE is from somewhere else so there isn't any institutionalized dress code in this state unlike many other places. You can (basically) get away with whatever look you want without being judged too harshly by the "locals" simply because there aren't any!
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2012, 01:29 PM

2,094 posts, read 3,653,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyAZ View Post
Well I do live in an area with 250+ golf courses in a 100 mile radius...unfortunately my handicap is...handicapped.

No wedding ring, not married. Was engaged one time, things turned sour VERY quickly after the actual engagement. We were able to date and live together but once marriage was on the horizon...yeah wasn't the best time in my life.

But anyway, I'm debating the whole gold bracelet idea. I do like nice watches and I feel having a nice watch on my left wrist and a small gold chain on my right would give a snazzy appearance.

Unfortunately if I have a gold chain, I'll need to have a gold watch. And then everything goes downhill from there. Soon I'll be Arizona's white version of Mr. T.

Step away from the bracelet,FOOL!!

Old 03-22-2012, 01:34 PM

2,094 posts, read 3,653,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
Strong policy in our family. The women wear the jewelry, the men wear the pants.

BTW, Corvette salespeople hand out gold chains as a thank you gift after purchase.

LOLOLOLOL! I believe it

Old 03-22-2012, 01:40 PM

1,478 posts, read 5,083,195 times
I wouldn't wear it, but it might look good if it suits you and you were dressed accordingly so that it matched.

This article says it best: A Man?s Guide to Wearing Jewelry | The Art of Manliness

Old 03-22-2012, 01:55 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,375,109 times
Quote:
I asked and I don't mind hearing both sides. Obviously some don't like it, others have stated they think it looks fine.

I'm curious as to why you'd consider it "offensive" though? Just a strange choice of words, why would anyone be "offended" by a gold bracelet on a guy?

It offends my fashion sensibilities. It was hyperbole, that's all.

Old 03-22-2012, 02:06 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,147,085 times
Quote:
And I've also noticed a similar trend in our tastes, great minds think alike. So when's the first date; how about I pick you up Friday evening in the 'Vette and we hit up Ruth Chris.
He-he, does that mean you got rid of your high-maintenance witch?

Yeah, I remember discussing your house. Some thought it was cold, not lived-in, etc.; I thought it was beautiful. Then again, many people say my house looks like a model home and I think not all of them mean it exactly as a compliment, but I like clean lines and I hate clutter and dust collectors.

Quote:
The one thing about Arizona is that it seems EVERYONE is from somewhere else so there isn't any institutionalized dress code in this state unlike many other places. You can (basically) get away with whatever look you want without being judged too harshly by the "locals" simply because there aren't any!
We're pretty laid-back down here (sometimes TOO laid-back ). Scottsdale is another matter... I have to wear at least a heavily padded push-up bra and a blond wig in order to fit in.

Old 03-22-2012, 03:48 PM

4,472 posts, read 17,695,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
He-he, does that mean you got rid of your high-maintenance witch?

Yeah, I remember discussing your house. Some thought it was cold, not lived-in, etc.; I thought it was beautiful. Then again, many people say my house looks like a model home and I think not all of them mean it exactly as a compliment, but I like clean lines and I hate clutter and dust collectors.

We're pretty laid-back down here (sometimes TOO laid-back ). Scottsdale is another matter... I have to wear at least a heavily padded push-up bra and a blond wig in order to fit in.
She's been gone for a while, we don't talk anymore. I sort of have a new woman in my life but I'm taking this one MUCH slower than my last. We don't live together, we just enjoy doing things together- going out for dinner at night or going to the lake boating.

And thank you for the wonderful compliment regarding my home, I truly love it. I'm not a fan of clutter either, I like clean and tidy. I don't really "live" in my "living room" either, I spend the majority of time either in my home office, my bedroom, or my kitchen area. The living room is my show piece; the other rooms are a bit less sleek.

You can come up to Scottsdale anytime, I'd be more than happy to take you around! But I may agree with the push-up bra, my ex-gf/fiancee had natural DDD's...those were hard to leave. If you're ever up in Scottsdale, shoot me a DM and we can have coffee or an afternoon cocktail. If you ever find yourself in Lake Havasu, shoot me a DM and I'll meet you up there and we'll take the boat out.

Old 03-22-2012, 04:05 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,147,085 times
Quote:
We don't live together, we just enjoy doing things together- going out for dinner at night or going to the lake boating.
I see – “activity” partners! Only that you've left out some of the activities. People enjoy each other the best from a distance! See how we like each other on forums?!

Quote:
And thank you for the wonderful compliment regarding my home, I truly love it. I'm not a fan of clutter either, I like clean and tidy. I don't really "live" in my "living room" either, I spend the majority of time either in my home office, my bedroom, or my kitchen area. The living room is my show piece; the other rooms are a bit less sleek.
I hardly spend any time in the living room, either. I think that's probably common when you live alone.

Quote:
If you're ever up in Scottsdale, shoot me a DM and we can have coffee or an afternoon cocktail.
Maybe some day... After an exhausting day at Fashion Square, I usually have a cup of coffee at Starbucks.

Quote:
If you ever find yourself in Lake Havasu, shoot me a DM and I'll meet you up there and we'll take the boat out.
I found myself there once, so it's not likely to happen again, but Scottsdale is doable. So is Tucson.

Old 03-22-2012, 04:43 PM

9,724 posts, read 21,230,068 times
Since you asked, to me a bracelet on a man is tacky. (But then, you wouldn't likely be trying to impress me with it.) A simple gold watch on your left wrist is fine. A single ring is fine. A tie pin is fine. A lapel pin should mean something. Anything more is garish.

Old 03-22-2012, 05:01 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,924,278 times
I like gold a lot and I wear a gold chain. I think that if you're happy with it you can pull it off, who gives a crap what other people say? Sometimes I get a hard time from people and other times I get compliments.. but hey I like it so why would I stop wearing it?

I wouldn't however wear a gold chain, watch and gold bracelet, I think that's pushing it a little too much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty