Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2012, 09:47 AM

2,632 posts, read 4,051,714 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesmama View Post
I happen to love the unique exotic beauty of African women. Some of their faces are so chisled and strong while others have such softness. So I find them all beautiful except for one, and that is Dian from Ghana ~ in that one pic she looks too much like a boy in drag who didn't bother to cover up the adolescent lip fuzz (but, then, it could simply be the picture).

My favorites, though, are Rama #1 and Diane of Nigeria #3.
I looked at the picks, and I think you mean Felivian. Dian has a full head of hair, while Felivian is bald.

I think they are attractive, but I won't get on anyone's case for having their own preferences. Everyone is entitled to like who they like, and the same woman won't appeal to all. That said, they will all be someone's idea of beauty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2012, 10:34 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,962,008 times
I dont really think any of those women in the OPs link are attractive. Sure, some may think they are, but not me. Its not about their skin color either. I just dont find their faces to be attractive. The wide noses and especially prominent cheek bones are not what I am attracted to. I like softer, feminine features on women.

Old 04-25-2012, 10:54 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,883,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
You know Nyanna,I find there is diversity in so many things.
Go to the P and C forum,and there are many posters who say African women are more attractive than AA women,so I guess i t depends on what forum you are on CD. Its a mixed guy saying this at that.

What I'm trying to say is that looking African has its advantages.
For one,you get to avoid the negative stereotypes associated with AA women.
LOL! This is such a common thing where I live. Some people assume that I must be Nigerian because I went to college........ (The most popular groups of Africans here are Ethiopians, Nigerians, Ghanians)

You can always check out some Nollywood actresses, which offers a much broader range of black women in Hollywood.
A few examples:

Genevieve Nnaji

Jackie Appiah
http://www.nairaland.com/download/298094 (broken link)
Yvonne Okoro

***I will admit bias. I like women with Almond shaped eyes....since that's what mine look like!

Old 04-25-2012, 10:57 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,883,248 times
And a few Hollywood examples:
Tika Sumpter on the Game, Gossip Girl and the Upcoming movie Sparkle:

Rutina Wesley on True Blood (she totally has the girl next door look):

Old 04-25-2012, 11:01 AM

1,831 posts, read 4,435,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
I am so sick of hearing men say this.

I wish i was never born
Why internalize his mess? If he isn't into dark women, you don't want him anyway.

Old 04-25-2012, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marissy View Post
Nyanna...stop it. Please. Who cares what he says? You don't even know what he looks like (he may look like a rotten cadaver for all you know) and you are getting all worked up over what he says about your attractiveness?

No, we dark skinned women are not unattractive. Yes, there is a big movement towards mixed/ambiguous women, but dark women are still seen as attractive. Men look at me/flirt with me all the time.
LMAO at rotten cadaver!

Nyanna, you need to act like you're pretty -- no realize that you are. Work what you have and make sure you're looking cute and exude attractiveness. There is a man who will like you for what you are. It's the confidence that counts. Because if you go around acting like you're unattractive and you wish you were never born, you are going to attract what you put out. You are going to attract some dog, abuser, or egotistical nut. All skin tones are pretty, including dark.

Old 04-25-2012, 11:17 AM

Oh, and the answer to the OP's question is yes. She is. But the eye makeup takes away from her attractiveness.

Old 04-25-2012, 08:26 PM

10,229 posts, read 16,303,143 times
Well, I happen to like and appreciate ethnic beauty around the world, and I tend to like them with a lot less "breeding".

I like African beauty because I think their color ~ which, of course, varies in Africa, too ~ adds the regality to their beauty. I happen to miss the dark-skinned black Americans that I remember from my childhood. Yes, they're still out there, but damn few in comparison.

I find women of India and Pakistan very beautiful. I find Asian women beautiful, and so on, so forth.

And there are certain features that I think are beautifully carried only by those that are naturally of certain races. I hate the fake, puffed-up collagen lips popularized by celebrities, and to me they look great only on certain races. (For that matter, I always disliked blue contacts on blacks because to me it just didn't look right.)

I do NOT like blue eyes on the very rare Asians that have it. Most of those few I've seen were breeds while one was an albino (although this man was very interesting-looking).

Old 04-26-2012, 08:54 AM

1,192 posts, read 1,810,953 times
The op has more issues than the NY Times ive read her post more then a few times and its the same nonsense. Im a black female and im attractive besides its not what others think of me its what I think of myself.

Old 04-26-2012, 06:03 PM

1,260 posts, read 1,688,935 times
I think the women in the OP is pretty. I think Rutina Wesley is beautiful
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty