Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2012, 09:21 AM

4,062 posts, read 2,141,661 times

Advertisements

I found some capris that I liked and I thought they were the real deal: fit well and were comfortable. But after a few hours of wearing them, they stretched out all over---waist, legs, butt! They are 98% cotton and only 2% spandex, so you wouldn't think that would cause that amount of stretching, but they went from close/nicely fitted to baggy!

Does anyone else have this problem? Have I done something wrong to wreak the vengeance of the Spandex gods? Obviously some people must like/not mind the addition of Spandex, because that seems to be all the stores have.

Would appreciate any advice on how to find shorts/capris/pants that fit well beyond the five minutes you try them on in the store....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2012, 11:23 AM

221 posts, read 283,094 times
I rarely hve had a problem with spandex, in fact, it's my friend in most instances. Your garment may have been defective

I've only messed up a pair of 'jeggings' in the manner you describe and the reason is this: They really didn't fit me in the thighs, even with the spandex. I pulled them up so hard to squeeze them over my thighs I stretched the fibers too hard. I don't know what your figure is, but I have an hourglass figure with meaty thighs/backside and a thin waist/flat stomach. I really can't find pants that fit in the thighs and rear without it being a tent in the waist. It is very frustrating. I have learned buying them too small, forcing them over my thighs so they fit my waist is not the answer.

I don't have advice for finding shorts and capris. Because of my figure I wear dresses or skirts most of the time. Friends actually remark when they see me in pants, since it's a rare thing. I wish you luck with that, though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty