Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2012, 12:28 PM

15,639 posts, read 26,263,376 times

Advertisements

My skin color is very pale -- neutral to cool toned pale. Right now I'm wearing shade #2 of Tarte Smooth Operator. Yep -- pretty close to Vampire White

Since in everything I've seen I'm at the end of the color scale, I can't really go lighter to for undereye cover. Do I go white? And then use Tarte over it?

I don't have dark circles -- I'm really trying to mask some puffiness....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2012, 04:37 PM

943 posts, read 1,845,367 times
take a trip to the MAC store or counter and I am pretty sure they can whip up something for you.

Old 06-30-2012, 08:12 PM

1,047 posts, read 3,990,060 times
I don't really think you can mask puffiness. If its puffy, and you put a lighter color on it, you are drawing more attention and making it stand out even more. Maybe what you're looking for is a good eye cream that will help reduce the puffiness. Or maybe, if you don't have dark circles to deal with, you should even go one shade darker under the eyes. Remember, light brings out, dark recedes.

Old 06-30-2012, 11:40 PM

1,406 posts, read 2,723,264 times
Haha, I'm that same shade!

I agree with Lavendar, MAC cosmetics are perhaps one of the only lines that offers lighter/whiter foundation and coverup options.

Old 07-01-2012, 12:04 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,883,248 times
Try the clinique eye roller. It helps with puffiness and feels cooling!

Old 07-01-2012, 01:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.K. View Post
I don't really think you can mask puffiness. If its puffy, and you put a lighter color on it, you are drawing more attention and making it stand out even more. Maybe what you're looking for is a good eye cream that will help reduce the puffiness. Or maybe, if you don't have dark circles to deal with, you should even go one shade darker under the eyes. Remember, light brings out, dark recedes.
I've been using a caffeine cream for puffiness.

What I've been reading and seeing online is that you use an illuminating concealer under the puff to decrease the puff's shadow and take it toward your nose -- don't go up under your eye. It makes sense to me, but finding a light enough color is my problem.

I'm not a fan of Bobbi Brown stuff but she has a porcelain shade that might work -- if it's not too yellow.

And it's weird -- I told my husband about this today and he said to look at myself. We were in the car, I was wearing no makeup -- no puff, no dark circles... I think it might be the rotten fluorescent lighting in my bathroom.

Old 07-01-2012, 08:36 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,713,966 times
Those caffeine things make it worse in the long run. Use pure aloe gel that is kept cool in the fridge or a plant.
If its allergies try some visine allergy eye drops too. Those chilled masks are also good.

NYX makes a concealer that is light enough. Its called porcelain and its like the drugstore knock of of MAC.

Concealer Jar | NYX Cosmetics

Its pink toned and helps cancel out circles like yellow or orange can for darker skins.

I would apply this all over:
Ole Henriksen Truth Serum® Collagen Booster: Shop Face Treatments & Serums | Sephora

It helps make everything look more "awake".

Old 07-01-2012, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opsimathia View Post
Those caffeine things make it worse in the long run. Use pure aloe gel that is kept cool in the fridge or a plant.
If its allergies try some visine allergy eye drops too. Those chilled masks are also good.

NYX makes a concealer that is light enough. Its called porcelain and its like the drugstore knock of of MAC.

Concealer Jar | NYX Cosmetics

Its pink toned and helps cancel out circles like yellow or orange can for darker skins.

I would apply this all over:
Ole Henriksen Truth Serum® Collagen Booster: Shop Face Treatments & Serums | Sephora

It helps make everything look more "awake".
Thanks! And Ole Henriksen -- no soy -- goody for me!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty