Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2012, 10:02 PM

659 posts, read 1,014,910 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fibonacci View Post
Castile soap. Maybe a little olive oil as moisturizer, that's it. The less chemicals the better.

exactly! Drink water, that's the best thing you can do for your skin!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2012, 10:08 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,632,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
I use it, but my skin is dry. Great for shaping unruly eyebrows, dealing with dry heels and elbows. Also good for your lips. And to remove makeup in a pinch.

I always keep some around. It takes me longer to use up than my mom.
Bag Balm is a bit better than vaseline I still use it on my feet and hands here and there. Much less greasy than vaseline is.

Old 07-24-2012, 10:16 PM

1,887 posts, read 7,940,698 times
Loreal's 360 cleanser/Lush Ocean Salt (alternate)
Dickenson's witch hazel
Trader Joe's Oil free moisturizer

Old 07-24-2012, 10:44 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,883,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Bag Balm is a bit better than vaseline I still use it on my feet and hands here and there. Much less greasy than vaseline is.
Where do you get it..I have mixed feelings on petroleum jelly....

Currently experimenting with coconut oil.

Old 07-24-2012, 11:08 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,632,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Where do you get it..I have mixed feelings on petroleum jelly....

Currently experimenting with coconut oil.
I think places like CVS and Rite Aid etc. sell it. I used to get it from the feed store when I raised dairy goats. It works wonders on chapped udders.

Old 07-26-2012, 12:58 AM

484 posts, read 854,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audioque View Post

Unfortunately, some of us aren't blessed with naturally good skin and have to work harder where the genes, climate and other factors are lacking. Besides, one is only young for so long. I intend to look decent well into my older years and at dusk when the makeup comes off.
have you spoke to your doctor about lasers or plastic surgery? This would be a easier cheaper [in the long run] topical products are are a temp fix that do not give long lasting results if any results at all.

I would think by this day and age women would know The Fountain Of Youth can not be found in a jar or a tube by now . OTC creams, lotions, potions. don't do much with the exception of plumping your skin for a hour maybe a wee bit longer.

Old 07-26-2012, 07:55 PM

840 posts, read 1,147,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peerage View Post
have you spoke to your doctor about lasers or plastic surgery? This would be a easier cheaper [in the long run] topical products are are a temp fix that do not give long lasting results if any results at all.

I would think by this day and age women would know The Fountain Of Youth can not be found in a jar or a tube by now . OTC creams, lotions, potions. don't do much with the exception of plumping your skin for a hour maybe a wee bit longer.
LOL. No. At 27, I don't think I need botox or anything done for now. Retinol and vitamin c serum are both backed by studies to help with photoaged skin as well as other things such as encouraging collagen production, acne and hyperpigmentation. As for the humidifier, it's recommended for my psoriasis anyway. The only thing I would consider doing something for is injection for dark eye circles which is temporary as well.

I prefer to opt for noninvasive treatments/prevention first. But each to their own.

Old 07-26-2012, 08:43 PM

701 posts, read 1,563,300 times
Morning:
Wash with Ivory unscented soap
Moisturize with Ponds Normal/Dry dark spot removing cream

Night:
Wash with Shea Butter & Lavender soap (my face loves this stuff)
Moisturize with Neutrogena Naturals Nourishing night cream

I am probably going to switch to an moisturizer with SPF once I'm done with my current one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ja1myn View Post
I would give anything to get pimples only on my back and not my face.
Are you kidding me? Back pimples are the worst; they've been plaguing my life for years.

Old 07-27-2012, 08:54 PM

947 posts, read 1,643,758 times
I cleanse morning and night with Neutrogena and my Clarisonic brush (Love it! My skin does not feel clean without it!) and then moisturize with Kinerase and a couple of times a week I put pure, cold pressed Argon oil on my face and hands before heading off to sleep.

I do give my face a break from makeup when I am staying home for the day/evening but use Clinque products exclusively. I have sensitive skin and I've never had a problem. I keep it basic and clean- mascara, lipstick or gloss and blush.

As for body, I use the Neutrogena and the Clarisonic with the body brush and either Argon/Sesame Oil (winter) or Nivea Moisturizer(summer). While I shower most days, I make an effort to take a bath at least once a week with Dead Sea Salts. They are loaded with Magnesium which is excellent for softening and moisturizing your skin.

Old 04-10-2013, 11:25 AM

10,612 posts, read 12,132,699 times
Eye creams, neck creams, Vitamin C creams, peptides, enzymes?....are all these skin care products even needed? Or are companies just taking advantage of people's (mostly women) vanity?

Can all these creams (and the chemicals they contain) be good for one's skin. Is any of the improvement they promise permanent of long term?

I'm not talking about treatments for a true skin condition -- and I don't just mean wrinkling or dryness. And I suppose there's no harm in occasionally using a cream that plumps your wrinkles to make them less noticeable. But if people tried everything that's out there their skin care routine would have 10 steps a day to it.

Seems to me the best skin care is just wash your face, exfoliate a bit, don't expose yourself to too much sun, eat and drink healthily...and that's it. Or is that to simple?

If all these enzyme and peptide creams work, please, do tell. I'm not AGAINST them. I'm just curious as to whether they're worth the money...as opposed the the 'basic chemical free routine' I mentioned above.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty