Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How do glasses affect appearance?
Ick, most people look way better without glasses 0 0%
Love glasses! They make people look even sexier 15 46.88%
You're wearing glasses? I don't even notice a difference in appearance 17 53.13%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2012, 12:52 PM

3,516 posts, read 6,780,920 times

Advertisements

How do you think glasses affect how attractive a man or woman is? Assuming they are normal glasses, not bizarre, costumey, coke-bottle glasses, just normal frames such as these:
http://thumbs.****/thumbla...3720jx1qHM.jpg

Do you think glasses detract, enhance, or make no difference to a person's appearance?

I know, I know, "it depends", but in general, what do you think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2012, 12:58 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,861,584 times
I get hit on at least 10x more when I am not wearing my glasses. Maybe more. And my glasses are really cute, interesting and flattering. I get compliments every time I wear them.

I believe it. Or maybe I live in the wrong place.

Old 09-07-2012, 01:03 PM

4,696 posts, read 5,820,339 times
I can't answer because "it depends". In general I would say they make women look less attractive. But a lot of this has to do with the fact that I see so many frumpy women who pay no attention to their appearance wearing glasses.

But just yesterday I saw a fashionable looking business lady wearing glasses and they made her look all the more hot to me. So really it depends.

Old 09-07-2012, 01:21 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,861,584 times
I think the glasses end making me look "too" smart.

Old 09-07-2012, 01:25 PM

9,006 posts, read 13,833,702 times
If that was the case,Sarah Palin wouldn't be known as beautiful.

Old 09-07-2012, 01:57 PM

221 posts, read 282,846 times
Quote:
But a lot of this has to do with the fact that I see so many frumpy women who pay no attention to their appearance wearing glasses.
I think this. Too many women wear those thick framed glasses that are currently trendy but are unfortunately to heavy for a lot of female faces. Complete with no makeup, ankle length heavy skirt and oversized shirt, shuffling along in wool clogs and carrying a giant cloth purse that looks more like a diaper bag. And they get no attention. I know this because I used to be this woman (with exception that I wore wire granny glasses, not heavy framed ones). As soon as I developed a more eye catching style and got better with the fit of my clothing, started wearing non "clopping" shoes, and started standing up straight and feeling as though I was attractive, I started getting more attention from men. Not that I was ever overly concerned about that sort of attention, but some women are and don't realize it's not the glasses, it's the way they portray themselves.

Old 09-07-2012, 01:57 PM

3,052 posts, read 4,304,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
If that was the case,Sarah Palin wouldn't be known as beautiful.
She's considered hot for a politician but really that doesn't mean much.

In general people just look more attractive without them, imo.

Old 09-07-2012, 02:06 PM

442 posts, read 615,155 times
I think it depends. Even "normal" glasses, but ones that might not be right for that individual can be distraction.

Outdated frames are a big no-no to me.

Glasses on a man don't bother me at all..most of the guys I dated wore glasses at least some of the time. I seem to be attracted to men with poor vision, ended up marrying one.

Old 09-07-2012, 04:31 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,170,476 times
Those nerd frames can look good

If glasses on a woman aren't that sexy, then the sexy teacher/librarian fantasy thing wouldn't be as popular, right?

Old 09-07-2012, 05:33 PM

1,351 posts, read 1,597,896 times
I definitely like women with glasses that flatter her face. (Of course, she would be attractive in other ways, too.) If she can pull off the "sexy librarian" look...

The type and shape of frames can make a big difference. Unflattering frames can be a distraction.

That said, I tend to believe that most attractive women that wear glasses would look just as good or better without them.

The woman in the OP's link looks great in her glasses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty