Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2012, 12:23 PM

5,404 posts, read 15,997,633 times

Advertisements

Keep your boots in the box...no "flopping" over on the closet floor...plus, it keeps dust off!

I don't like a "pull on" boot at all...too "cowboy" looking for me! If I'm going to wear a boot, it's usually just ankle high, under jeans. I have a couple pair of higher, dressier boots, but I think they are hot...and with hot-flashes, I don't need the extra warmth!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2012, 12:40 PM

2,628 posts, read 4,611,310 times
I only hate most zippered boots because they never fit me unless I shell out more to get a wide shaft boot.

I have had muscular legs since my teens and have 17" calves. So the only boots that I can usually wear are pull ons. Otherwise I am stuck with a wide shaft boot, which are sometimes hard to find, especially since I need wide width as well.

Yes I prefer my boots to stand up as well, but I might not be as irritated about it if they flop over in the closet.

Old 09-24-2012, 12:42 PM

29,746 posts, read 34,396,829 times
I have oddly high insteps, so boots that do not have zippers will not go on my feet. I love boots, ergo they must have zips.

Old 09-24-2012, 03:19 PM

1,566 posts, read 2,159,568 times
I absolutely love boots. I have several pairs in brown, black, gray, tan, cream, etc. I have dressy boots with heels and casual, winter-type boots. Zippers and pull-ons. I buy new boots at the start of every fall/winter season. I also buy boots during the off season when the prices are better. I never keep my shoe boxes, so they are lined up on my shelves in the closet..flopped over or not, it doesn't matter too much to me. This thread reminds me I am due to go boot-shopping!

The only kind of boots I usually don't like and won't buy are the anklet/short boots. Not sure what they're called. They're the only types of boots that I dislike.

Old 09-24-2012, 03:38 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,925,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
I love both kinds. The type that have zippers and the type that don't. I have both types. I even have tall (knee high) lace-up boots. To avoid the "slouched over in the closet" thing I just keep them in their boxes. And I don't know why but I just really LOVE boots.

But the ridiculous thing about my loving (and having about 20+ pair and counting) is that I live in a climate where boots are completely unnecessary (AZ). Yet I continue to buy them. So if you decide to check yourself into that "special" hospital, don't forget to swing by and come get me too.
Oh yes, I know the feeling. I live in East Texas and honestly - we have no real need for boots. And yet, I have at LEAST 12 pairs - maybe more since I hit that end of season sale in March...

I LOVE BOOTS - all sorts, tall, short, zippered, heels or no heels, cowboy boots, galoshes, elegant booties, goth, even those big fuzzy oversized looking boots. Honestly, it's ridiculous.

I am mentally deranged when it comes to boots. Oh, and clogs. My gosh, I think I have at least six pairs of clogs for pete's sake. It's not like I live in Germany and work in a garden...sheeze.

I hate myself. Someone help me, please!

Old 09-24-2012, 03:42 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,925,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb at sea View Post
Keep your boots in the box...no "flopping" over on the closet floor...plus, it keeps dust off!

I don't like a "pull on" boot at all...too "cowboy" looking for me! If I'm going to wear a boot, it's usually just ankle high, under jeans. I have a couple pair of higher, dressier boots, but I think they are hot...and with hot-flashes, I don't need the extra warmth!!!!
'

Har!

I thought I felt the same way about cowboy boots, till my husband bought me a totally kick ass pair a few years ago - yes, very pointy toed, with a heel, and all sorts of intricate leatherwork and stitching on them.

FUN FUN FUN! I ended up buying a fabulous longish black coat, looks like one of those old timey traveling preacher coats (that's the closest thing I can think of - sorry) and I wear the dreaded boot cut jeans with those badass boots - with a bustier under that preacher's coat. KATIE BAR THE DOOR.

Can I get a YEEHAW?

Old 09-24-2012, 06:51 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,401,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb at sea View Post

That's what I do...keep them in their original boxes and adhere an image of the boots to the box.

My problem is that I don't have a boot dislike...I have a boot addiction.

Old 09-25-2012, 03:41 PM

9,238 posts, read 22,902,469 times
I love my tall boots, but I agree that they look pitiful in their "flacid" state in the closet.

I never got bothered by the zippers, but I don't like when there is a zipper and fake buttons or other "closures" that are not real, as if the zipper is shameful.

My peeve with boots, though, might be a little irrational too: I hate boots that make the ankles look thick. I have very small ankles, and when I wear my tall boots (the ones that go to below the knee) I like them to be very tight/narrow at the ankle, tapering in so that my ankles look thin (like they are naturally). I try on so many boots that have thick ankles, or that wrinkle or slouch at the ankle. I get this idea "people will think I have elephant ankles" even though I know that "people" are not concerned with my ankles in the slightest. Too many boots just look like they need to be "taken in" at the ankle when I try them on.
I've had my Nine West high heeled black leather boots for about 12 years now, and I just keep getting new heels and soles put on them. I would buy a new pair of tall black boots, but I can't find a decent pair with narrow ankles, like my ones from 2000.

Old 09-28-2012, 07:19 AM

42 posts, read 49,492 times
I kept the foam inserts that came with my knee-high boots and use them for storage.

I like the zipped up much better than the pull-on. They either look cheap (the non-leather ones that look like plastic because of the spandex) or not as fitted.

I have slightly large calves so finding a good leather knee-high boots are difficult. Thank goodness for online stores and search engines.

Old 10-10-2012, 04:36 PM

559 posts, read 1,395,157 times
Bed Bath & Beyond sells "Boot Shapers" to keep your boots from flopping over.

Some you insert as is Women''s Boot Shapers - White - Bed Bath & Beyond and some are inflatable Inner Bootie Inflatable Boot Shapers - Argyle - Bed Bath & Beyond.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty