Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2012, 05:32 AM

7,454 posts, read 13,428,627 times

Advertisements

A girl I'm seeing at the moment has more than one. If you have piercing's, what motivates you to get them? is it often difficult to stop at one? Just interested in a discussion on the subject.

Last edited by dave nz; 05-01-2012 at 05:43 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2012, 07:00 AM

22,591 posts, read 47,680,585 times
Zero piercings... never saw the point to having one (or more).

Old 05-01-2012, 07:37 AM

5,258 posts, read 9,143,624 times
I have my ears and my navel pierced. I've had my ears done since I was little. My navel...I ended up kinda getting that on a whim around 8 years ago for my 30th birthday and I loved it.

Old 05-01-2012, 08:14 AM

7,796 posts, read 16,401,804 times
The first holes in my ears were done when I was 5.
2nd pair was when I was 18.
Navel was pierced at 18 as well.
3rd, 4th & 5th sets of holes in my ears were done at 20 in my bedroom because I was bored and into the grunge trend.

I so badly wanted to do my brow & lip back then, but my father rationally talked me out of. LOL

Now I just wear one pair of earrings.

Old 05-02-2012, 02:10 PM

5,404 posts, read 15,997,633 times
I don't have any, either! I wouldn't mind having my ears pierced, but I know I'd never change the damn earrings.....I put rings on , and they stay until they fall apart! Same with necklaces....I'm not much on changing jewelry!

Now, I do like belly rings....if I was younger, I'd get one in a minute!

Old 05-02-2012, 08:32 PM

4,868 posts, read 8,411,220 times
I got my ears pierced when I was 9, after begging my mom for years to let me!

Got my navel done in the fall after I turned 18. I have a summer b-day and wanted to be able to swim and do summer fun stuff so I waited until September when it wouldn't matter if I couldn't do that stuff for the 6 months it took to heal. It was something I wanted for a long time and my parents wouldn't sign on it for me so when I was legal, I did what I wanted! mom freaked out at first and she got over it. Its not a tattoo that's permanent.

Old 05-02-2012, 08:45 PM

6,616 posts, read 13,833,652 times
I've been toying with the idea of getting some nice diamonds in my ears. Always liked the look of men with perfect sized diamonds in their ears while wearing a nice suit and shades.

Old 05-03-2012, 07:46 AM

5,258 posts, read 9,143,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mir86 View Post

Got my navel done in the fall after I turned 18. I have a summer b-day and wanted to be able to swim and do summer fun stuff so I waited until September when it wouldn't matter if I couldn't do that stuff for the 6 months it took to heal. It was something I wanted for a long time and my parents wouldn't sign on it for me so when I was legal, I did what I wanted! mom freaked out at first and she got over it. Its not a tattoo that's permanent.
Yea, I don't see the big deal about navel piercings, and why so many parents put up a fight when their kids want one (I can understand not wanting a 12-year-old to get one, but I don't see the big deal for a high school junior/senior).

Old 05-03-2012, 08:22 AM

3,516 posts, read 6,783,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mir86 View Post

Wow, my story almost exactly. Ears at nine, though it was because that's when my older sisters had had theirs. And navel at 19 after wanting it for years and the parents were not pleased. They started checking me for tramp stamps every time we hugged, which shows their opinion of piercings. They've gotten over it and don't mention it anymore.

I just think it nicely complements an attractive part of my body. I don't have a desire to get any more piercings and I imagine one day I'll get tired of the belly ring and take it out.

Old 05-03-2012, 08:23 AM

399 posts, read 581,802 times
two in each ear lobes. Had one for as long as I can remember. My aunts had it pierced when I was 1. And the second was for my 12th birthday. Aunt asked me if I was willing to have it done and I said yes. Do i want more? Nope. I'm good with them and I don't use the holes I've had since I was 12 so I think they're closing up...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty