Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2012, 09:32 AM

3,426 posts, read 8,920,091 times

Advertisements

people are too uptight. Boobs are boobs, once you have seen 10 or so you have seen them all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2012, 09:33 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,726,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
The problem as to why women shouldn't be able to walk around half naked in public?

Its called common social standards in the society you live in. If that is your desire you can join a nudist camp. There are various reasons and problems people don't walk around naked in public. For one if they are breast feeding and start leaking that can carry diseases. Same thing with the bottom half of everyone.
There are also religious reasons. Those are the only two I can think of that are not flexible situations.

Imagine being stuck to a leaky mom in a crowed subway...

Its also not logical is most climates.

Old 10-23-2012, 09:35 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,405,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbabeechick View Post
The only reason that they shouldn't is because we've grown up in a society conditioned to be see breasts in such a way that we can only be shocked or aroused by them. No other option.

FYI, my home was a very nudity comfortable home (I, my mother and my sister were nude or partially nude very often) and I was raised in a home schooling Christian environment where we were not allowed to watch television or listen to secular music. So, comfort with nudity has nothing to do with a crazy, swinging libertine lifestyle.
I know the human body is a natural thing, and my kids also grew up in a Christian environment, but there is no way ever that I would have had us all going around nude. I guess we were an 'after the apple' family...

This could be why it is completely normal for you to post your breasts on this site as you do....

I also have to wonder, if why you were brought up in such a Christian manner, and never watched tv or listened to secular music, did you learn to dress the way you do, and things of the like.

Old 10-23-2012, 09:37 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,405,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opsimathia View Post
Its called common social standards in the society you live in. If that is your desire you can join a nudist camp. There are various reasons and problems people don't walk around naked in public. For one if they are breast feeding and start leaking that can carry diseases. Same thing with the bottom half of everyone.
There are also religious reasons. Those are the only two I can think of that are not flexible situations.

I was addressing xxbaybeechicks first post in this thread, not the question in general.

Old 10-23-2012, 09:43 AM

29,764 posts, read 34,480,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opsimathia View Post

This is all sort of true, but it is sort of a odd societal double standard that male nipples in public no big deal but female nipples are scandalous.

Old 10-23-2012, 09:44 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,332,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbabeechick View Post
The only reason that they shouldn't is because we've grown up in a society conditioned to be see breasts in such a way that we can only be shocked or aroused by them. No other option.
I'm genuinely curious as to how you reconcile such indignation with the fact that you just had grapefruit-sized fakies stuffed into her chest.

Old 10-23-2012, 09:50 AM

3,052 posts, read 4,311,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
This could be why it is completely normal for you to post your breasts on this site as you do....

I also have to wonder, if why you were brought up in such a Christian manner, and never watched tv or listened to secular music, did you learn to dress the way you do, and things of the like.
Haha...are you kidding?

Because I'm an adult, and have developed my own style. I have a twin sister, raised in the same household, and she has her own style, very different from mine.

My twin dresses in moo-moo style dresses, but spends more time in her home nude than I do.

Just fyi, I have started watching television and listening to "secular" music.

Old 10-23-2012, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
I'm genuinely curious as to how you reconcile such indignation with the fact that you just had grapefruit-sized fakies stuffed into her chest.
They are actually much larger than grapefuits.

The way I dress them when I go out to a bar or club is much more sexual than their nude presentation. Nude they just look like breasts. In a low cut tank top they are weapons.

Old 10-23-2012, 10:03 AM

11,087 posts, read 17,584,282 times
It's funny with the way families are raised. My ex and her mother would think nothing of sitting on the edge of the bed together with just their panties on, or less, and talking, and think nothing of it. My wife has 2 daughters. They have never seen each other in a state of undress. In the past year or so I just got my wife comfortable to sit around in the den, just the two of us in the house, topless. I'm not the horny hubby wanting her to do that, just wanting her to be comfortable sitting around like that with just us home. Unlike Pikantari, it doesn't bother her at all to undress with me in the room. Said she never was comfortable doing that in front of her last husband but doesn't bother her to undress with me watching.

Old 10-23-2012, 10:04 AM

If you raise two twin girls in a Christian homeschooling household that's comfortable with nudity...you get one twin who dresses modestly who's married with children, you get one twin who likes low cut tops who is unmarried and childless.

Basically there's no correlation. Though both of us prefer to be nude in our homes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty