Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2013, 02:09 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,632,033 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
The funny thing is that this is the Fashion and Beauty forum, and it seems like a lot of threads aren't even about actual fashion and beauty. It's dudes saying, "women should do XYZ because I think it's hot, and women who don't do XYZ are disgusting." Uh, thanks, gents. Duly noted.
I've definitely noticed an upswing in those types of posts as well.

They bothered me for a while because I was a bit insecure...but now I just don't care. Ill wear what makes me happy and if some random internet dude doesnt like it, he can kiss my *****.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2013, 02:16 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,883,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Is it just me, or are people getting nastier and nastier about their 'preferences'?

When I was overweight I still wore heels. I have big feet (size 10/11) and I still wear heels, my legs arent perfect and I still wear heels.

If you can walk in them and they make you feel good/sexy, igore the naysayers and wear the hell out of your heels
Oh come on Jet, you should know by now. If certain posters don't think you are "hot" you should just stay home with a paper bag over your head until they find you attractive enough (you know losing weight, growing your hair out, getting plastic surgery, changing you coloring, getting implants...whatever).

Old 03-05-2013, 02:18 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,883,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
The funny thing is that this is the Fashion and Beauty forum, and it seems like a lot of threads aren't even about actual fashion and beauty. It's dudes saying, "women should do XYZ because I think it's hot, and women who don't do XYZ are ugly." Uh, thanks, gents. Duly noted.
But we are women, we should be solely focused on appearing attractive and appealing to (straight) men. </sarcasm>

Old 03-05-2013, 02:19 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,251,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
HIGH heels.

I started thinking about this when I was describing Daisy Duke as unattractive and the high heels were a part of it. Most women don't look good with high heels. It does something to their body that makes it look weird.

Even boots with high heels does this same thing. Regular boots are fine, but it's the high heels that kills the look.

What do you think?

A lot of things make men and women look unattractive to some and more attractive to others. Acceptance is the key to accept others as they are without judgement. Would you really base your like or dislike of someone because they wear high heels or bibbed overalls without even getting to know them?

Old 03-05-2013, 02:39 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,742,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Oh come on Jet, you should know by now. If certain posters don't think you are "hot" you should just stay home with a paper bag over your head until they find you attractive enough (you know losing weight, growing your hair out, getting plastic surgery, changing you coloring, getting implants...whatever).
Well duh! We're only here for their entertainment....it's not like we have anything of value to add to society! If you don't conform, you are a dowdy, bitter cat lady hag. There you go trying that "thinking" thing again. Haven't they warned you that we women shouldn't do such hard, manual labor like THINKING for ourselves?!

Whatever you do, do NOT look like a normal human being! You do whatever it takes to look like a Barbie doll, damnit! And make them a sandwich while you're at it!

Old 03-05-2013, 03:12 PM

3,516 posts, read 6,783,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Well duh! We're only here for their entertainment....it's not like we have anything of value to add to society! If you don't conform, you are a dowdy, bitter cat lady hag. There you go trying that "thinking" thing again. Haven't they warned you that we women shouldn't do such hard, manual labor like THINKING for ourselves?!

Whatever you do, do NOT look like a normal human being! You do whatever it takes to look like a Barbie doll, damnit! And make them a sandwich while you're at it!
Look like a Barbie but it better be all natural because men aren't into plastic. Bah.

I mostly wear heels for modeling because I do too much walking to wear them out all the time. I also have trouble hearing people when I'm in a noisy location like a bar because heels tend to put me a head above most folks.

So I wear heels when the mood strikes me, the general public tends to approve. I wear flats the rest of the time, the general public tends to approve.

Old 03-05-2013, 03:21 PM

2,866 posts, read 5,243,943 times
Wait, I thought you had to wear heels in order to be a real woman? Now heels make women unattractive? I'm confused

Old 03-05-2013, 03:41 PM

51 posts, read 144,471 times
I'm a guy and I find high heels very unattractive. First off, I think that women in our society use them as some kind of ego boost. They wear them to feel taller and more powerful. Humans associate height with status. Women are especially concerned with height; it is evolutionary. However, I think the heels thing takes it too far. Women in heels have this artificial, inflated sense of self-worth. With some women it's like as soon as they put on their heels they have an attitude to go with it. Not true across the board but I find this to be the case a lot of the time. I'm attracted to girls that are naturally pretty and humble. I find women who wear too much makeup, heels, and short skirts unattractive. There are a lot of narcissists in this country these days and it is being fueled by this stuff.

Second, it's annoying when you're on a date with a girl and she can't even walk and is complaining all the time. They are terrible for your feet. Who wants to deal with that all the time. They just aren't practical.

Third, I think it's annoying when girls are obsessed with shoes. To me it's an irrational obsession. I mean it doesn't harm anyone but I just find it annoying to listen to all the time. It's the equivalent of a man that is way too into sports. I know that drives some women crazy. If my girlfriend likes her shoes that's fine but I'll never understand or relate to the obsession.

To me the most unattractive women in the world is wearing high heels with a fedora hat, too much makeup, and hipster glasses. She has her whole body covered in random tribal tattoos although she has never left the country. She is extremely insecure and trys to mask it with material possessions and a narcissistic attitude. Conformity is boring and conforming to unconformity is even worse.

Last edited by Ratherbefishing; 03-05-2013 at 05:09 PM..

Old 03-05-2013, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
My bad, I always forget my sole purpose in life is to look attractive to as many males as possible, otherwise I'm not doing my duty as a woman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
Look like a Barbie but it better be all natural because men aren't into plastic. Bah.

I mostly wear heels for modeling because I do too much walking to wear them out all the time. I also have trouble hearing people when I'm in a noisy location like a bar because heels tend to put me a head above most folks.

So I wear heels when the mood strikes me, the general public tends to approve. I wear flats the rest of the time, the general public tends to approve.
Ah yes.... she must look naturally perfect and if she wasnt born that way, she's worthless. Gotta stock up on those paper bagw for my own unfortunate face.

I will agree with the heels in bars part though... It can be hard to hear when I'm 6'5 and my friends are all 5'3. I'm actually going on a 'date' with a guy this week who is 6'5 and it's gonna be interesting having to look up for once.

Old 03-05-2013, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratherbefishing View Post
I'm a guy and I find high heels very unattractive. First off, I think that women in our society use them as some kind of ego boost. They wear them to feel taller and more more powerful. Humans associate height with status. Women are especially concerned with height; it is evolutionary. However, I think the heels thing takes it too far. Women in heels have this artificial, inflated sense of self-worth. With some women it's like as soon as they put on their heels they have an attitude to go with it. Not true across the board but I find this to be the case a lot of the time. I'm attracted to girls that are naturally pretty and humble. I find women who wear too much makeup, heels, and short skirts unattractive. There are a lot of narcissists in this country these days and it is being fueled by this stuff.

Second, it's annoying when you're on a date with a girl and she can't even walk and is complaining all the time. They are terrible for your feet. Who wants to deal with that all the time. They just aren't practical.

Third, I think it's annoying when girls are obsessed with shoes. To me it's an irrational obsession. I mean it doesn't harm anyone but I just find it annoying to listen to all the time. It's the equivalent of a man that is way too into sports. I know that drives some women crazy. If my girlfriend likes her shoes that's fine but I'll never understand or relate to the obsession.

To me the most unattractive women in the world is wearing high heels with a fedora hat, too much makeup, and hipster glasses. She has her whole body covered in random tribal tattoos although she has never left t
he country. She is extremely insecure and trys to mask it with material possessions and a narcissistic attitude. Conformity is boring and conforming to unconformity is even worse.
You sound like a blast to be around, Judgey McJudgerton
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty