Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: can overwieght women still be hot
yes 135 66.83%
no 39 19.31%
some can, but I would never date a bigger girl 28 13.86%
Voters: 202. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2013, 06:16 PM

1,855 posts, read 3,610,446 times

Advertisements

I'll go along that they can be attractive, but not hot, at least as I understand the term.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2013, 07:30 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,868,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnbiggs View Post
Seriously, I always thought big boobs/hips/butt were all feminine physical traits; don't really see how minimizing them* is somehow supposed to make a woman more attractive. What's even more surprising is how much visible muscle some of these dudes seem to think is sexy.

* Now I know what some of y'all dudes are going to say, that you like women who have these things but are somehow slim everywhere else and not at all overweight. Hot as these women are- you do realize that they're like 1% of actual females, right? Most IRL thin women are either flat chested or have almost no butt.
Exactly JB.

Old 03-23-2013, 07:32 PM

672 posts, read 757,900 times
Yes, absolutely yes. The sooner a man admits to himself that he can find fat girls attractive, the happier and better adjusted he'll be. They're all soft and squishy, which is great fun. Plus, tubby girls clearly like sensuality and the good things in life, and I really dig that.

On the downside, they sometimes have crushing self-esteem issues, which is a big downer.

I personally find smoking to be way way more of a turn-off.

I sure nobody cares, but my wife (and I) are amateur runners, so we're both pretty lean. I don't have any special preference, I just know that I can (and really have) appreciated chubby chicks just as much as thin ones.

Old 03-23-2013, 07:49 PM

11,157 posts, read 14,006,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by compactspace View Post
Yes, absolutely yes. The sooner a man admits to himself that he can find fat girls attractive, the happier and better adjusted he'll be. They're all soft and squishy, which is great fun. Plus, tubby girls clearly like sensuality and the good things in life, and I really dig that.
I can relate 100% to this statement. When I was in high school I felt an attraction to overweight girls and didn't want to admit it back then. In the years following high school I slowly grew to a point where I realized that my best chance for success in a relationship involved being honest with myself about what kind of women I liked. I started a discussion on this a while back:

Confessions of a "Chubby Chaser"

Old 03-23-2013, 07:57 PM

9,726 posts, read 16,744,348 times
Depends on what you mean by "overweight". I see plenty of slightly overweight women I find attractive, but I've never been even remotely attracted to an obese woman.

Old 03-23-2013, 08:23 PM

803 posts, read 1,668,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnbiggs View Post
Seriously, I always thought big boobs/hips/butt were all feminine physical traits; don't really see how minimizing them* is somehow supposed to make a woman more attractive. What's even more surprising is how much visible muscle some of these dudes seem to think is sexy.
The two women that Capablanca posted in here aren't even big, it's their body fat percentage and how they're built.

In any case, it's just a matter of preference. Those of us that are attracted to athletic types (proportional/personal trainer types for me personally) are heavily into fitness as well.

Last edited by ASOT; 03-23-2013 at 08:34 PM..

Old 03-23-2013, 08:57 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,655,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redfish1 View Post
I was just watching the NCAA tournament with some buddies and this subject came up, as there was a waitress that was on the bigger side, that a few of us found to be quite attractive. I have always thought that a woman's shape is more important than here size. The waitress that we were staring at was probably around 5-8 180lbs. She had really great curves and a pretty face. I think some of my buddies were afraid to admit that our waitress was attractive as they were making jokes about her backside and saying that she was too big.

what is your opinion on this?
Sounds like my kind of woman.

Old 03-23-2013, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkBunny View Post
180 is huge though. I mean I know plenty of guys that weigh 180. I don't think they'd be very comfortable like that. Now 140 could be fine. Of course it all depends on where her fat is. If it's mostly in her boobs and butt, then that should be ok.
When I met my wife she was 5-11, 170 and fit. She's about 200 now and got as big as 240 when pregnant.

Old 03-23-2013, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoProIP View Post
Nope. As a man, I wouldn't want to search for things under many layers of "insulation"! That's just gross. Sorry MO.

What's so wrong with having a proper BMI?
Nothing, except BMI is pretty much BS.

Old 03-23-2013, 09:50 PM

151 posts, read 220,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redfish1 View Post
I was just watching the NCAA tournament with some buddies and this subject came up, as there was a waitress that was on the bigger side, that a few of us found to be quite attractive. I have always thought that a woman's shape is more important than here size. The waitress that we were staring at was probably around 5-8 180lbs. She had really great curves and a pretty face. I think some of my buddies were afraid to admit that our waitress was attractive as they were making jokes about her backside and saying that she was too big.

what is your opinion on this?
I think many of your friends will be stuck with an overweight wife in the future so let them laugh while they can because most of them will be sharing their bed with those women they made fun of.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty