Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2013, 07:20 PM

4,927 posts, read 5,312,692 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
I always thought you could be sexy even with a sack on?

Being sexy doesn't mean you are trying to have sex at every turn...or am I wrong?
I don't think being sexy and having sex appeal are one and the same. Does that seem right?

Anyway, I think it would be ideal to have the beauty and a healthy sex appeal, but not apparent to all men but rather only to the right men...men who will see your beauty and your sex appeal. I also think that sex appeal is something an intelligent woman has...without even trying.

Beauty, sex appeal AND intelligence; nice package, right?

Does any of that make sense?

Best regards, sincerely

HomeIsWhere...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2013, 08:45 PM

1,904 posts, read 2,986,858 times
First off, I don't think I can intelligibly differentiate beautiful from sexy, because the mean just about the same thing in most cases, IMO.

However, sexy appeal is easy to distinguish. Sex appeal is what's present when you find yourself sexually attracted to a person even when he/she clearly does not possess most or any of the physical/superficial traits you generally find to be sexually attractive.

My example of a beautiful woman? Where do I even start? There are just too many to bother.

My example of a woman with sexy appeal? That would be Rona Mitra.

And I don't know which is better, but I think I'm more impressed by sex appeal though.

Old 05-17-2013, 08:49 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,622,386 times
I'd rather have beauty, it's not even a question for me.

With beauty you're taken more seriously, people will actually talk to you and try to get to know you instead of just treating you like all you're good for is sex. I've been told I have great sex appeal but that hasn't helped me at all in the dating world considering most men won't try to get to know me as a person, and it's difficult in the career world because I automatically get put in the floozy category unless I ace bandage my boobs down and wear fairly loose fitting clothing.

So yeah. I wish I had beauty instead of just sex appeal.

Old 05-17-2013, 10:46 PM

9,007 posts, read 13,835,096 times
It seems that the women who are regarded as beautiful can't keep a man,whereas the ones with sex appeal can.
There are plenty of beautiful women,but isn't sex appeal what attracts men in the first place?

Someone gave the example of Christie Brinkley...her marital woes were all in the news some years back...same with Halle and Vanna White.

Sarah Palin is a woman I've heard regarded as sexy,but I haven't heard many people say she was beautiful(actaully I've never heard her described as beautiful at all) yet she doesn't seem to have the cheating husband.

Old 05-18-2013, 06:01 AM

44 posts, read 83,904 times
But can't some women have both beauty and sex appeal? Someone like Megan Fox, Kate Upton and Adriana Lima.

Old 05-18-2013, 09:16 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,043,908 times
Sex appeal are the subtle signals that you're good in bed. It's not quite the same as sexy. Natalie Portman is someone who is beautiful but who I wouldn't say screams sex appeal - I'm sure she looks great naked and all that, but she doesn't have the sex appeal of Angelina Jolie. On the other hand you have Paris Hilton or Megan Fox who just seem slutty.

Old 05-18-2013, 09:17 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,043,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grecian View Post
But can't some women have both beauty and sex appeal? Someone like Megan Fox, Kate Upton and Adriana Lima.
Yes, they can, but I think this thread is whether you'd rather have one or the other.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty