Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2013, 01:45 AM

15,080 posts, read 20,477,038 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiian by heart View Post

So do u think t.v. magazines, peer pressure etc influences what you find attractive, even on an unconscious level? And how does it influence u?
No. I don't watch TV, subscribe to magazines, or listen to peers on this subject.

[i like what a I like and I am not interested in what others think]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2013, 01:49 AM

17,869 posts, read 20,999,231 times
I've said repeatedly on this forum that I am not attracted to celebrities or models. Media has nothing to do with the type of woman that I am attracted to, physically speaking.

Old 06-01-2013, 01:59 AM

6,657 posts, read 7,755,481 times
Default To someone who is down.

Sorry guys i hope you don't mind me going off topic a little but i met this awsome lady online here awhile back and she is very down so i wanted to share this with her.

I wantted you to know that i treat you the way you deserve to be treatted. You deserve the compliments, your a very sexy goddess. I shower you with aloha not because im inferior or am weak or kissing your butt. But because i really respect what gifts god gave you, you are gorgeous, talented, have a great brain, and a good heart. Yes your out of my league girl. But like ive said before you are a piece of art, haven't met a lady like you b4. Just don't let it go to your head to much.. And cheer up nani wahine, nani girls have a right to smile all the time. Your Friend

OH AND FROM THE TOP OF MY VOICE THIS GIRL IS THE MOST NANI ASIAN HAPA GIRL ALIVE! see told you i could do it

Ok back to regular schedule programing lol. Mahalo

Old 06-01-2013, 02:11 AM

Quote:
Sorry guys i hope you don't mind me going off topic a little but i met this awsome lady online here awhile back and she is very down so i wanted to share this with her.

I wantted you to know that i treat you the way you deserve to be treatted. You deserve the compliments, your a very sexy goddess. I shower you with aloha not because im inferior or am weak or kissing your butt. But because i really respect what gifts god gave you, you are gorgeous, talented, have a great brain, and a good heart. Yes your out of my league girl. But like ive said before you are a piece of art, haven't met a lady like you b4. Just don't let it go to your head to much.. And cheer up nani wahine, nani girls have a right to smile all the time. Your Friend

OH AND FROM THE TOP OF MY VOICE THIS GIRL IS THE MOST NANI ASIAN HAPA GIRL ALIVE! see told you i could do it

Ok back to regular schedule programing lol. Mahalo
First, do a spell check. You want her to be able to read it well, and some of the words are misspelled terribly.

2nd, it reads like you're putting her up on some pedestal. I get you want her to understand that she's an attractive woman, but you don't need to go overboard with it. I bet it would make her feel uncomfortable if she read that message. I'd pull back those reigns a bit and not use the sexy goddess talk and stuff. Let her know she's attractive and smart, and don't let her know you're out of her league.

I read that, and it's like you stuck her up on this 10 foot pedestal, and you're below her, punching yourself in the face and trying to just touch her toe. You don't need to do any of that to let any woman know that you think she's awesome.

Old 06-01-2013, 02:29 AM

6,657 posts, read 7,755,481 times
Default Mahalo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
First, do a spell check. You want her to be able to read it well, and some of the words are misspelled terribly.

2nd, it reads like you're putting her up on some pedestal. I get you want her to understand that she's an attractive woman, but you don't need to go overboard with it. I bet it would make her feel uncomfortable if she read that message. I'd pull back those reigns a bit and not use the sexy goddess talk and stuff. Let her know she's attractive and smart, and don't let her know you're out of her league.

I read that, and it's like you stuck her up on this 10 foot pedestal, and you're below her, punching yourself in the face and trying to just touch her toe. You don't need to do any of that to let any woman know that you think she's awesome.
1st I need coffee.
2nd I bow down to no one. I treat her the way she deserves.
3rd (kolohe smile) Shes a goddess but im also a god, i treat ppl the way i want to be treatted, the moment a person treats me otherwise im gone.

Old 06-01-2013, 02:30 AM

15,080 posts, read 20,477,038 times
Quote:

I wantted you to know that i treat you the way you deserve to be treatted. You deserve the compliments, your a very sexy goddess. I shower you with aloha not because im inferior or am weak or kissing your butt. But because i really respect what gifts god gave you, you are gorgeous, talented, have a great brain, and a good heart

I recommend that you stop that.

[]

Old 06-01-2013, 02:31 AM

Quote:
1st I need coffee.
2nd I bow down to no one. I treat her the way she deserves.
3rd (kolohe smile) Shes a goddess but im also a god, i treat ppl the way i want to be treatted, the moment a person treats me otherwise im gone.
Okie Dokie.

Old 06-01-2013, 04:52 AM

19,969 posts, read 30,227,645 times
an old african proverb- "you look at the fruit, not the flower"

meaning, looks, or importance of looks on the woman, means less if she is a good mother

Old 06-01-2013, 06:58 AM

3,391 posts, read 4,482,291 times
Quote:
So have you ever thought that maybe your ideals of what is attractive is really not your ideals, for example, i grew up moving around alot being exposed to different cultures, religious beliefs, and families. I hardly watched t.v. As an adult I have alot of guys that are friends and sometimes we talk about you ladies, whats attractive, whats not etc. My friends mostly talk about the skinny, model type as being attractive etc, where im usually one of the lone guys that says i llke bbw ladies or, and nerd girls.I also like a few model type girls but mostly its ladies with more to love that i find attractive. I once asked my friends why they thought that models where more attractive or why they were attracted to the model type mostly and most of my friends just shrugged.

So do u think t.v. magazines, peer pressure etc influences what you find attractive, even on an unconscious level? And how does it influence u?
Not only are our conceptions of beauty largely socially conditioned, so is the degree of importance we ascribe to beauty in the first place. The evidence that this is true is overwhelming.

The trouble is, most men's subjective feelings about their so-called "preferences" is that they are innate. Men do not feel as though their attitudes about beauty are learned, even though they almost certainly are. Furthermore, a lot of men subscribe to an oversimplified, dumbed-down version of evolutionary psychology and believe they are "hard wired" by genetics to feel and act as they do. That is not what the actual literature of evolutionary psychology says at all, but they don't bother looking into in any further...

Old 06-01-2013, 08:19 AM

1,304 posts, read 2,576,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
Not only are our conceptions of beauty largely socially conditioned, so is the degree of importance we ascribe to beauty in the first place. The evidence that this is true is overwhelming.

The trouble is, most men's subjective feelings about their so-called "preferences" is that they are innate. Men do not feel as though their attitudes about beauty are learned, even though they almost certainly are. Furthermore, a lot of men subscribe to an oversimplified, dumbed-down version of evolutionary psychology and believe they are "hard wired" by genetics to feel and act as they do. That is not what the actual literature of evolutionary psychology says at all, but they don't bother looking into in any further...
Men are hardwired for those preferences. At no point in history were older women considered more attractive than younger woman? Why is that? Men are attracted to symmetrical faces and females with certain hip to waist ratios. Its innate since men throughout the world find those traits attractive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty