Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2013, 02:03 PM

3,426 posts, read 8,905,128 times

Advertisements

I'm in love with these boots. Will they be good rain boots as well as fashion boots or will they get damaged?

I also may walk through light snow in them.

I'm not really sure since I lived in Florida most of my adult life. Thanks!

Clarks Ingalls Dealware Boot | DSW
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2013, 02:16 PM

1,322 posts, read 3,472,682 times
I read the reviews and one mentioned that the upper was pleather while the description reads leather. I would check on the Clark's website or possibly email them. I have worn leather boots in snow without a problem as long as you keep them polished and remove any salt residue you encounter. I would reconsider wearing them in rainy weather - there are better synthetic materials that hold up better in rain. If you don't want the work involved with leather, consider one of those.

Old 08-14-2013, 04:44 PM

14,785 posts, read 24,073,706 times
I would buy a pair of boots that specifically state snow boots and or rain boots or you could buy two pairs of boots , one for rain and one for snow . Good Luck .

Old 08-14-2013, 06:35 PM

44 posts, read 215,306 times
If you need a boot for rain and snow I would get a good pair of duck boots.

If you're looking for a high quality boots that are more for fashion try actual boot making brands like Ariat, they also make "fashion" boots but they're still made with real leather. Ariat International

Old 08-15-2013, 08:28 AM

2,294 posts, read 3,427,677 times
I have those exact same boots and I love them ! I bought them in Alaska last year and had no problem at all wearing them in snow.

Old 08-16-2013, 08:48 AM

29,445 posts, read 14,628,378 times
Just because a pair of shoes or boots are leather doesn't mean they can't be in the harsh weather, you just have to maintain them if they do get wet.
I wear White's boots on a daily basis , rain or shine. I keep them oiled and brush them daily.
There are many products that can be used, boot oil or something like Obenouf's LP
Lowa Mountain Boots | Camping Gear | Hiking Boots | Baker's Boots, Boots and Clothing

Old 08-16-2013, 01:19 PM

11 posts, read 32,281 times
I also have a pair of boot. And these are so good.I usually were them in rain and also in light snow. And these are good.

Old 08-16-2013, 01:52 PM

29,739 posts, read 34,362,964 times
Clarks are generally good shoes, and they'd probably hold up to being exposed to rain or snow, but I wouldn't specifically wear them as snow boots. Just looking at the picture of the tread, if you're somewhere that you'll be walking in the snow and ice you're going to want warmer boots that have more traction.

Old 08-16-2013, 05:01 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,966,003 times
I think a good shoe store will sell some substance that will help seal the places where the leather joins the sole and where the seams are. They also sell treatments that will seal the leather itself.

Road and sidewalk salt can do damage. As soon as possible I was taught to make some solution of white vinegar and water and rub the salted areas off the boot with it. If salted water dries on your leather boot it can be very hard to get off.

I would rather just get some synthetic high boot to wear in rough weather. It's much easier, though I think they are harder to find.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty