Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Ladies: Whats your thought when a guy shops in the womans section
He is gay/transgender 5 7.04%
He is insane 0 0%
He is buying something for his wife, Girlfriend or daughter 56 78.87%
None of the Above 10 14.08%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2014, 02:05 AM

3,138 posts, read 2,784,127 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by soUlwounD View Post
He is lost.
lmbo! I ditto this!

Actually, I even sometimes do believe he's looking for something for his wife/girlfriend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2014, 06:06 AM

11,879 posts, read 14,227,283 times
Quote:
Then you can ask a vendor to bring right sizes for you and stay on cashbox-area. No need to step near fitting rooms.
Who ever talked about going straight into women's fitting rooms . If you know the right size, then walk up to the appropriate section and pick out what you need. Sometimes, I just go there just to glance at the latest fashion trends. Always nice to know what the softer sex prefers.

Maybe the shopping culture is different in Interior northern Europe as compared to US. Sounds more like the older Indian shopping culture where men would have to stand at the cash box area while buying sarees for their brides.

Last edited by Adi from the Brunswicks; 01-13-2014 at 06:31 AM..

Old 01-13-2014, 06:55 AM

7,492 posts, read 11,841,316 times
Nothing. Why do people get so bent out of shape about things like this?

Old 01-13-2014, 07:23 AM

7,321 posts, read 6,938,819 times
What are women doing shopping in men's clothing?
I have bought things for my wife ,she loved very much .
Probably because I picked it out.
As kid I watched mom sew and having an artistic tendency I designed my own shirts and she made them.
When we went to the yardage stores I'd walk through all the bolts of fabric feeling them all and learning what worked with what .
I am not ifeminent ,I simply like making things. I'm a mechanic and welder and machinist and into a lot of other equipment operating and repairing .
I also have sewing machines and make some of my own clothing as well.
Women's clothing uses some extraordinary stitching and fabrics that have their strengths and weaknesses .
Most clothing, I don't think are intended to last long.
I think too that women only look at what they look like in front, not what they look like from behind, which is how many men view them.
Women do not like being stared at face to face.
Or at least that's what they say.
I'm not a clothes horse, nor a fashion junky .
I wear black levis and black T shirt, most of the time .
By the way my last sewing project was a free standing, double wall, one man tent, using rip stop nylon, with 4 different colors and a pocket below for the air mattress.
If what I want isn't made, I make it.

Old 01-13-2014, 07:50 AM

3,670 posts, read 6,582,486 times
My father owned a business in NYC's garment center for decades and would routinely browse through women's clothing stores/sections looking for things to knock off; for me that was normal. And I routinely buy my wife clothing because it shows that I made an effort (she usually returns what I buy thus using it more like a gift certificate).

But really, in the end, who cares? It would only get weird if the guy tried to access the fitting rooms.

Old 01-13-2014, 08:14 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,744,059 times
Hate shopping for women's clothes, women sections are too confusing and messy usually. Places like Macy's have 2 separate floors dedicated to women. I guess it's like men shopping for tools, you got endless aisles of different parts.

Old 01-13-2014, 08:35 AM

9,855 posts, read 11,945,890 times
Quote:
It is creepy guys peeking naked flesh. When they stop this behavior, then welcome to buy clothes. If there is empty changing room but a guy next to it I tell a vendor I am not try on those clothes before man is gone. They become peeking.
Most men, even perverts, now have easier, way easier access to far better looking hoo-hoo's than can usually be found shopping at Target! I also do not know of a single department store in the U.S. that has fitting rooms situated where men can peek in. Not one. I can't tell you not to feel like you are being spied on, but I can tell you that you are not being spied on. At least not by flesh and blood, mouth-breathing perverted guys. That the woman handing out the tickets for the items that you intend to try on and is supervising the area isn't a lesbian getting thrills and chills from the periodic upskirt moments that take place in and around fitting rooms? Shrug. That Target Merchandise Retention is not spying on your changing room activities with video monitoring equipment and that the technician on a given shift may or may not be male (or a lesbian female). I not at all confident in giving a blanket assurance that such things cannot take place. Sadly, Soulwound... if you are an adult in the U.S..... someone, somewhere has seen your hoo-hoo without your permission at some time in the last five years. And you didn't even know. Those situations like you describe, where you see the hopeful, pathetic, Peeping Tom's hanging around... ... those aren't the occasions to be concerned about. Keep it tidy and presentable at all times... you just never know when you'll be on Candid Camera!

H

Old 01-13-2014, 11:24 AM

1,566 posts, read 2,162,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
I find it ridiculous that anyone would be staring at him. There is nothing odd about a man shopping in the women's section. I would assume he was shopping for a gift, I'd never give it a second thought unless he looked confused or uncomfortable in which case I would hope an employee would help him out.
I agree with this. I'm too busy shopping myself to worry about what some dude is doing.

Old 01-13-2014, 11:41 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,069,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
What are women doing shopping in men's clothing?
I have bought things for my wife ,she loved very much .
Probably because I picked it out.
As kid I watched mom sew and having an artistic tendency I designed my own shirts and she made them.
When we went to the yardage stores I'd walk through all the bolts of fabric feeling them all and learning what worked with what .
I am not ifeminent ,I simply like making things. I'm a mechanic and welder and machinist and into a lot of other equipment operating and repairing .
I also have sewing machines and make some of my own clothing as well.
Women's clothing uses some extraordinary stitching and fabrics that have their strengths and weaknesses .
Most clothing, I don't think are intended to last long.
I think too that women only look at what they look like in front, not what they look like from behind, which is how many men view them.
Women do not like being stared at face to face.
Or at least that's what they say.
I'm not a clothes horse, nor a fashion junky .
I wear black levis and black T shirt, most of the time .
By the way my last sewing project was a free standing, double wall, one man tent, using rip stop nylon, with 4 different colors and a pocket below for the air mattress.
If what I want isn't made, I make it.
You sound like great husband material to me! I would love to have a husband that was a mechanic and could sew too!

Quote:
I think too that women only look at what they look like in front, not what they
look like from behind, which is how many men view them.
Unfortunately, I think that is far too often the case. I always look at myself from every angle.....front, back and sides before an item of clothing gets the thumbs up.

As to the original question......I would assume he was looking for something for a woman/girl in his life.....wouldn't give it a second thought.

Actually, I would admire a guy who would take on such a task. LOL

Old 01-13-2014, 12:22 PM

18,481 posts, read 31,678,189 times
if a man a was lookin at little girl clothes, my logic and sensible side would be thinking, the man is buying clothes for his daughter, niece, cousin....

same witha woman buying little boy clothes.

bro, you ask the stupidist topics already.

whn i shop, i dont give a rats ass who looks at me, or what they think of me. it has no impact on my life what so ever.

i look like a real mans man, tatts, razor stuble.....the whole nice yards, but had to go into a fabric store for something....
you think i care what people think of me shopping for fabric???

dont think so
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty