Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2014, 09:56 AM

24 posts, read 38,164 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 495neighbor View Post
Men in uniform are so attractive.

Absolutely.

Old 06-15-2014, 07:42 PM

404 posts, read 385,903 times
Not the most, but, Ill never forget this. I was in class in the back of the room. I looked up and this guy came walking in. He was BEAUTIFUL. The woman in front of me even made a comment. He sat next to us. He had a dark tan, long blond hair (shoulder length) and blue eyes. His skin was FLAWLESS. You could tell he worked out. He looked like the actor David Lapaigne (Muriel's Wedding). A littler darker though. His hair was really thick like a young George Michael. I thought he might be Greek, Spanish or maybe Italian.

I locked eyes with the woman in front of me. I know she was thinking the same thing. OMG LOL

We were staring at him like Muriel.

Old 06-16-2014, 01:05 PM

10,229 posts, read 16,306,523 times
I can think of two off-hand.

One was an exceptionally HANDSOME young Italian man that was my server in a restaurant in Manhattan. He had the most terrific face, and he was also very nice and personable and did not appear vain, which added even more to his looks. Can't think of anyone I'd compare him to but he was around 5'10' with black hair cut neat, and large dark soulful eyes, light olive skin. Great face.

The other was a tall cool glass of water that came into the office one day. He was in his mid-40's or so and he looked like a Country star. He wore a western hat, and he, too, had an incredibly HANDSOME face. Black hair, dark eyes, and a darker complexion than the Italian guy. When I caught him watching me I just melted.

I like all types, though. Just don't have a favorite anymore.

Old 06-16-2014, 04:30 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,893,310 times
I am crushing on one now.

I'll steal Bluesmama's phrase, "a tall cool glass of water."

He's a 6'2-ish, like quarterback or soccer player build, 40-ish black man with a chiseled face, dimples and a southern drawl! Excellent eye candy, with a gregarious with a great smile. Yes please!

Let's just say my friends and I had fun flirting while we were out.

Old 06-23-2014, 09:24 AM

2,600 posts, read 3,686,644 times
I'm 40 years old so have seen quite a few, but if I didn't know them personally then I would never have paid close enough attention to actually remember them. Attractive people are a dime a dozen. Tough question to answer.

Old 07-09-2014, 10:53 PM

1,429 posts, read 2,420,669 times
Cristiano Ronaldo!

Old 07-10-2014, 04:28 AM

30,357 posts, read 51,964,073 times
Mod cut: Orphaned (quoted post has been deleted).

but just for the record, I absolutely LOVE "brown" (Hispanic, Native American, etc) men! I'm also a middle-class Jewish professional woman, raised in an upper-class family, so not exactly fitting into those neat little stereotypes. One of my ex-boyfriends was half Mexican & half Native Tlingit, and I've also dated black & white men... but my absolute favorite general look/ethnicity is probably Pacific Islander.

One specific man who now comes to mind was this gorgeous Samoan, who I spotted in the players' lot after a football game... there he was, my physical ideal! Actually snuck in a couple of photos from afar, just not sure if I should share them here - but he was tall, husky build, maybe shoulder-length (pulled back) curly black hair, dimples, and just all-around HOT. He wasn't a player, btw, although possibly related to one in particular.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 03-23-2017 at 12:37 PM..

Old 07-10-2014, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
[snip] but just for the record, I absolutely LOVE "brown" (Hispanic, Native American, etc) men! I'm also a middle-class Jewish professional woman, raised in an upper-class family, so not exactly fitting into those neat little stereotypes. One of my ex-boyfriends was half Mexican & half Native Tlingit, and I've also dated black & white men... but my absolute favorite general look/ethnicity is probably Pacific Islander.

One specific man who now comes to mind was this gorgeous Samoan, who I spotted in the players' lot after a football game... there he was, my physical ideal! Actually snuck in a couple of photos from afar, just not sure if I should share them here - but he was tall, husky build, maybe shoulder-length (pulled back) curly black hair, dimples, and just all-around HOT. He wasn't a player, btw, although possibly related to one in particular.
I'm black and I've always liked brown guys too! My preferences lean towards black and brown guys. I tend to like arabs and middle eastern men too. We always get on pretty well. My guy BFFs in college were afghan, pakistani, and sri lankan.

You know how everyone has "the one that got away?" Well mine is a biracial guy who is indian (as in south asian) and white!*

Not sure where this idea that brown guys are "out" comes from. My friends of all backgrounds like "brown" guys. Maybe I have weird friends.

*He is pretty high on my "attractive person" list. He looks like a darker, less skinny version of that felon. With dark eyes and no tatts.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 03-23-2017 at 12:38 PM..

Old 07-11-2014, 04:18 AM

30,357 posts, read 51,964,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
I'm black and I've always liked brown guys too! My preferences lean towards black and brown guys. I tend to like arabs and middle eastern men too. We always get on pretty well. My guy BFFs in college were afghan, pakistani, and sri lankan.

You know how everyone has "the one that got away?" Well mine is a biracial guy who is indian (as in south asian) and white!*
I briefly dated a Palestinian in high school, but, well... let's just say that no matter how much I'd love to see peace in the Middle East, a Jewish girl dating a Palestinian boy was bound for disaster. It ended badly, lol.

Other than that, I've never dated an Asian or Middle-Eastern man - not really on purpose, more like a mutual lack of attraction. Unfortunately the ones I do find attractive don't like me (probably because I'm more full-figured & tallish), and vice versa. And with Middle-Eastern men of Muslim descent, in particular, there's just the whole culture/religion clashing issue.

Quote:
Not sure where this idea that brown guys are "out" comes from. My friends of all backgrounds like "brown" guys. Maybe I have weird friends.

*He is pretty high on my "attractive person" list. He looks like a darker, less skinny version of that felon. With dark eyes and no tatts.
No, I don't think we're all weird! The OP is just mistaken, apparently, or it could be a regional thing. I'm in the Bay Area, where Asian and Hispanic people make up like 2/3 (if not more) of our population... so you would really have to TRY to avoid "brown men," and I see no reason to do that. My attractions tend to lean towards Black, Hispanic, NA, PI, and multi-ethnic men, but I've never rejected someone based solely on ethnicity.

P.S. I shouldn't admit this, but that felon dude is HOT. I know he's a scumbag, and won't be bailing him out - but a girl can still look, right?

Old 07-11-2014, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post

Other than that, I've never dated an Asian or Middle-Eastern man - not really on purpose, more like a mutual lack of attraction. Unfortunately the ones I do find attractive don't like me (probably because I'm more full-figured & tallish), and vice versa. And with Middle-Eastern men of Muslim descent, in particular, there's just the whole culture/religion clashing issue.

P.S. I shouldn't admit this, but that felon dude is HOT. I know he's a scumbag, and won't be bailing him out - but a girl can still look, right?
My perception of religion for middle easterners is forever shaped by one of my good friends. She is Egyptian and Christian. In my pre-teen brain that was totally logic, as christianity started there. Of course I later figured out she is a minority. But half of the Egyptians I have met are Christian too. (She also has really cute cousins!)

Ps. It was a given I was going to like the felon. I love bald guys. Lol. 90s Polo ads were the best!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty