Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2014, 05:23 PM

11,650 posts, read 12,941,545 times

Advertisements

A mild widows peak is attractive on a man - gives his hairline a definition. But a very pronounced and overblown one can be distracting.

Men who have it: Colin Farrel, Chris Hemsworth, Leonardo DiCaprio, Wentworth Miller (seems more common in men)

Women: Marilyn Monroe, Kourtney Kardashian, Alyson Hannigan
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2014, 05:37 PM

260 posts, read 605,291 times
For men, "widows peak" is a nice way of saying his hairline has receded at the temples. It really limits a man in the number of hairstyles he can sport. The hairstyles that look best with a widows peak are the ones that hide it, that make his hairline look low and square.

Old 03-14-2014, 10:48 PM

2,171 posts, read 1,457,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryManback View Post
For men, "widows peak" is a nice way of saying his hairline has receded at the temples. It really limits a man in the number of hairstyles he can sport. The hairstyles that look best with a widows peak are the ones that hide it, that make his hairline look low and square.
so i had a receding hair line when i was 4 years old?

Old 03-14-2014, 10:53 PM

260 posts, read 605,291 times
Notice how male models don't have widows peaks. They have low, square hairlines that frame their face. Their hair is dense on top.

Old 03-15-2014, 06:36 AM

2,183 posts, read 2,636,607 times
lol @ harrymanback. The fact that your losing your hair must be killing you. Get over it dude, men aren't the "peacocks" of our species, we don't need to be crazy attractive or perfect to pull a mate. I know people in the fashion industry, and all I hear about male models is how they don't actually get any tail for the most part. It's because of who they are and how they act. I don't expect you to believe me since your so convinced looks are the answer to life's problems.

Old 03-15-2014, 06:50 AM

6,811 posts, read 6,941,266 times
Widow's peaks on a woman are lovely. I wish I had one. On certain men, it can look good - on others horrible. Paul Ryan has one, and he looks just like Eddie Munster.

Old 03-15-2014, 07:53 AM

17,533 posts, read 39,105,017 times
I have one, but you can't see it because I wear bangs. My male cousin who looks just like me has one too. I used to not like widow's peaks, but I do now.

Old 03-15-2014, 09:00 AM

686 posts, read 1,230,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theropod View Post
A mild widows peak is attractive on a man - gives his hairline a definition. But a very pronounced and overblown one can be distracting.

Men who have it: Colin Farrel, Chris Hemsworth, Leonardo DiCaprio, Wentworth Miller (seems more common in men)

Women: Marilyn Monroe, Kourtney Kardashian, Alyson Hannigan
What is a "widow's peak"? Is it what is more commonly called an "Eddie Munster"?

http://www.markymunster.com/markymunster212.jpg

Old 03-15-2014, 09:25 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,543,435 times
My husband has one. So do both his sisters (one you can't tell as much, because she wears bangs, but the 16-year old wears her hair long and all one length, so it's more noticeable), and everyone on his dad's side of the family. He's had one all his life, so it's not a "receding hairline" thing. I like it.

Old 03-16-2014, 01:06 AM

11,650 posts, read 12,941,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
My husband has one. So do both his sisters (one you can't tell as much, because she wears bangs, but the 16-year old wears her hair long and all one length, so it's more noticeable), and everyone on his dad's side of the family. He's had one all his life, so it's not a "receding hairline" thing. I like it.
Exactly. I don't know why people associate a widow's peak with a receding hairline. Lol...

This guy doesn't have a receding hairline and he HAS a widow's peak:

And this guy HAS a receding hairline, but no widow's peak:

A widow's peak is supposed to be V-shaped. It has nothing to do with balding or receding hairline. Even children have it. It's a trait or characteristic. Though, yes, you can have a widow's peak and lose hair - just like any other person (with or without a peak).

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryManback View Post
Funny, most of them men here with temple hair loss DON'T even have a widow's peak:

https://www.google.com.au/search?hl=...Yz1OY#imgdii=_

Oh, and a high hairline is much more attractive in a man. I love some forehead showing - gives masculinity. Low hairline isn't too masculine and it seems rather fancy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty