Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2014, 05:40 AM

638 posts, read 993,986 times

Advertisements

To all the ladies out there......what skin products and regimen do you use and recommend?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2014, 07:12 AM

777 posts, read 1,873,199 times
I have somewhat sensitive skin closer to dry than normal. For years I've been using this very basic routine:

Philosophy Purity Made Simple for cleansing - BEST cleanser ever and the quart pump bottle lasts me a year
Alcohol-free toner (I really like the Bed Bath and Beyond/Harmon alcohol-free facial toner, a Neutrogena knock off)
Olay Age Defying Classic Eye Gel
St. Ives Timeless Skin Facial Moisturizer

Old 07-25-2014, 12:00 PM

5,133 posts, read 4,486,386 times
I try to keep it as simple as possible.

Face and Body:

Wash with soap and water.
Moisturize with coconut oil.
Wear a sunscreen of 30 during the day.

Old 07-25-2014, 12:41 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,372,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage 80 View Post
I try to keep it as simple as possible.

Face and Body:

Wash with soap and water.
Moisturize with coconut oil.
Wear a sunscreen of 30 during the day.
I'm the same. I wash with a gentle olive oil soap using a facecloth, and I wear sunscreen. Works for me!

Last edited by randomparent; 07-25-2014 at 01:10 PM..

Old 07-25-2014, 12:51 PM

7,413 posts, read 6,230,000 times
Rhonda Allison has the best line of skin products. I use the grapeseed oil at night, the pumpkin wash day and night, and blushed wine gel during day. I also use Retin A gel twice a week.

When I run out of Rhonda Allison I use Neutrogena fragrance free transparent facial bar soap/oil free facial lotion.

Old 07-25-2014, 01:08 PM

5,284 posts, read 20,052,779 times
Amusing. Those who think what they use, have, love, are into - is the "best." The best is whatever works for you....I have found that I have had to try many products before finding the perfect combination of products for skin care....and then as I age, more changes are necessary to accommodate my changing skin.

I use an olive oil based make-up remover by DHC (the largest cosmetic firm in Japan)....great products though not cheap. I use Dr. Bronner's pure castile liquid Magic Soap (peppermint for lavender) to wash my face, body, hair, make-up brushes...love this product. I use ROC creams for both day and night moisturizing/exfoliation (that I buy from Costco)....as good as any that I have ever used including the $100 creams I used to buy. Toners make no difference in the way my skin looks or feels - waste of money. I've tried many serums and different creams, vitamin creams - I've spent a fortune over the years and really my Costco products and Dr. Bronner's are every bit as good.

In the mornings the first thing I do is wash my face (because my night cream has exfoliated my skin) and I put a light layer of pure, organic coconut oil on my face...leave it on for an hour...I use only coconut oil as a body moisturizer - great stuff.

Old 07-25-2014, 02:13 PM

2,160 posts, read 4,966,421 times
I am a product junkie, but really, nothing outweighs:

1. Genes.
2. Getting enough sleep.
3. Drinking enough water and eating healthy.

Having said that, the mainstays in my arsenal are Ponds for removing makeup, St. Ives Apricot Scrub, Neutrogena Healthy Skin +SPF15, tea tree oil to dab on blemishes.

Other than that, the brands I like are Mario Badescu, Kiehls, Dr. Hauschka, Welleda, Clarins.

This summer I am really into Thayers Alcohol-Free Cucumber Witch Hazel Toner and Ocean Potion sunblock.

Old 07-25-2014, 02:23 PM

2,290 posts, read 1,433,330 times
I wash my face with a gentle baby wash.

Wear sunscreen all the time.

Vitamin E oil.

In the morning or evening after I've washed my face, I'll give myself a fruit or spinach facial.

My skin is really sensitive so I don't use a lot of products.

Old 07-26-2014, 10:15 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,222,200 times
For the last year or so:

Cereve foaming facial cleanser
Witch hazel as a toner
Cereve PM facial moisturizer or Paula's Choice gel moisturizer

Old 07-26-2014, 10:35 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,965,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Docendo discimus View Post
I am a product junkie, but really, nothing outweighs:

1. Genes.
2. Getting enough sleep.
3. Drinking enough water and eating healthy.

Having said that, the mainstays in my arsenal are Ponds for removing makeup, St. Ives Apricot Scrub, Neutrogena Healthy Skin +SPF15, tea tree oil to dab on blemishes.

Other than that, the brands I like are Mario Badescu, Kiehls, Dr. Hauschka, Welleda, Clarins.

This summer I am really into Thayers Alcohol-Free Cucumber Witch Hazel Toner and Ocean Potion sunblock.
Truer words were never spoken. I had some of the worst acne imaginable and had it for over 20 years, courtesy of my dad's severe acne gene. They were big nasty, cysts on my face and back. I had been to the dermatologist, and they prescribed all sorts of pills, creams, and gels, and I took all of these in multiple combinations. They only had a modest positive effect. My ex-husband recommended I try Accutane, a very harsh and potent concentrated form of Vitamin A only available by prescription. So I went back to the dermatologist, and she prescribed this. I took a five month cycle. Although it had bad side effects, it cured my acne permanently. I was so happy! Now I'm 37, and the only products I use are cheap lotion (generic Lubriderm), sunscreen when I'm going to be swimming more than two hours, and Aquaphor lip balm.

Last edited by Scooby Snacks; 07-26-2014 at 10:46 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty