Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2014, 03:10 PM

4,792 posts, read 6,059,948 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
Justin is tiny!

Chicago has gorgeous men!! Greek, Italian, and Irish!!
Greeks are isolated to few parts of the city. Italians tend to be concentrated in the suburbs. Irish men, yeah they are everywhere. I personally don't run into many Greeks or Italians in this city. They are few and far in between. Not like the East Coast where Italians are everywhere. If you want to find more Greeks, go to the Detroit area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2014, 03:15 PM

22,591 posts, read 47,680,585 times
Actually there more in Illinois than in Michigan, although not as many as in Tarpon Springs FL.

Greek American - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Tarpon Springs, Florida 10.40%
Campbell, Ohio 9.30%
Lincolnwood, Illinois 7.60%
Plandome Manor, New York 7.50%
Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey 7.20%
Allenwood, New Jersey 6.60%
South Barrington, Illinois 6.00%
Palos Hills, Illinois 5.40%
Nahant, Massachusetts 5.30%
Alpine, New Jersey; Holiday, Florida; and Munsey Park, New York 5.20%

Old 09-17-2014, 03:38 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,707,101 times
6'3" with jet black hair and an olive complextion right here.

Well kinda salt and pepperish now.

Oh did I mention I was taken?

Old 09-17-2014, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
Actually there more in Illinois than in Michigan, although not as many as in Tarpon Springs FL.

Greek American - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Tarpon Springs, Florida 10.40%
Campbell, Ohio 9.30%
Lincolnwood, Illinois 7.60%
Plandome Manor, New York 7.50%
Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey 7.20%
Allenwood, New Jersey 6.60%
South Barrington, Illinois 6.00%
Palos Hills, Illinois 5.40%
Nahant, Massachusetts 5.30%
Alpine, New Jersey; Holiday, Florida; and Munsey Park, New York 5.20%
I completely forgot about Niles and Lincolnwood! I live in the South Suburbs so they are a distant memory to me. Probably because Niles is the UN when it comes to how many countries are represented there. But yeah, that place has Greeks. Lincolnwood is the same in the amount of different ethnic groups. Indians, Greeks, Romanians, Assyrians. In fact, OP, move to Lincolnwood, IL because it's high income, low natural disaster risk, it borders the city of Chicago, it has a relatively low cost of living for the quality of life, and you get access to many dark men with olive complexions and a lot of money!

Old 09-17-2014, 11:33 PM

9,007 posts, read 13,841,954 times
I always thought black men were the ultimate tall,dark,and handsome men?

Old 09-18-2014, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moisture105 View Post
Why did no one say California and Texas? Lots of the latinos there grow tall (near 6 ft) if they are born and raised here in the USA because of the nutrition and higher quality of life here.
Genetics aren't really changed by quality of life. If you come from short people, improving your children's quality of life might make them slightly taller but never tall. There's a reason why Dutch people in any country are always tall and why Mexicans are not. In Chicago we have a lot of Mexicans and I rarely see any tall ones.

Old 09-18-2014, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
I always thought black men were the ultimate tall,dark,and handsome men?
"Dark" and Black are two different things. Kim Kardashian is dark. But she's not Black. I myself do like Black women but don't consider them "dark". To me they have very different features but some do overlap (like how Mediterranean women tend to be "hippy" and have bigger butts than flat butt Nordic women). Mediterraneans are hairy too where Blacks tend not to be. Dark is basically a way of saying "olive skinned" with brown/black hair. It is true that Blacks tend to have dark hair and eyes but their skin disqualifies them from dark because in their case, dark is in understatement.

I have "dark" skin because if you put me next to the average White guy, I'll be darker than he is. But if you put me next to a black guy, yeah I'm pretty damn White.

"Dark" pretty much means off-White. Besides, OP listed non-Black guys so maybe she isn't into them?

Last edited by EddieOlSkool; 09-18-2014 at 08:45 AM..

Old 09-18-2014, 08:37 AM

513 posts, read 799,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lynn2221 View Post
ya most indian men I have met are fat and way out of shape, or they are nerdy, nothing like the indian guys you see in bollywood.

my city is in the midwest, it is mostly medium featured white males (channing tatum types) and black men. As for height, anywhere above 5'9 or so is good IMO but dark features do matter. It is so difficult to find dark featured whites in the USA!
Um, basically any where other then the mid west. But are you honestly going to move to find a "dark handsome guy"? I am sure if you went to ethnic places that catered to a certain nationality you would find some darker men also. I live in a major city in the NE and there are plenty of every type of guy. Italians, Indian (I don't see the attraction to them, but jmo), Puerto Ricans, Dominicans, etc

Old 01-06-2015, 05:52 PM

12 posts, read 18,770 times
I'm moving to Florida from Idaho. I'm just excited to have some variety for once in my life. Nothing but white bread with a side of milk here. I agree, love, love, love the darker skin. Doesn't matter what race they are, as long as they take care of themselves.

Old 01-06-2015, 05:54 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
detroit memphis chicago, new orleans an unlimited supply
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty