Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2014, 02:09 AM

18 posts, read 51,741 times

Advertisements

I’m a bit self-conscious about my chubbiness. It’s mostly my belly. It jiggles when i walk or do anything. So i’m feeling a bit ashamed to wear my bikini in public. I still do it at the beach because i like the sun more. But i don’t feel comfortable while doing it.
What do you think about little bit chubby girls wearing bikini?
Guys: do you find it attractive or not?
Girls with the same problem: do you still wear a bikini? How do you feel about it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2014, 02:14 AM

4,856 posts, read 5,820,135 times
Yay first post! I love chubby women, bbw ssbbw always to the front of the line. I'm sure that might lower my validation a tad, but I wanted it out of the way. Many people don't like over weight, chubby, or what have you, in reality you are a person with just as much validation to wear whatever you want as much as someone more "socially accepted." It doesn't matter how anyone else feels, even those on your side who'd love to see you in the skimpiest two-piece, because we face things we don't rather enjoy everyday. So don't let people not liking your body type stop you. All you need to do is make peace with your body image, learn to carry on without regard to those people. In reality there is no telling how many people you annoy for anything that goes by unnoticed by you, might as well wear what you want and carry on like you did when you unknowingly beat someone to the last bathroom stall.

mmmmm big girl in skimpy bikini...droooollll...

Last edited by JaxRhapsody; 10-13-2014 at 02:25 AM..

Old 10-13-2014, 06:50 AM

3,166 posts, read 3,358,021 times
well then, I found the perfect girl for you JaxRhapsody. lol I actually have a "friend" more like an aquaitance who is considered "bbw" and not ashamed to wear a bikini.

To be honest, I'm grossed out by it. A little chubbiness is fine but when their stomach is looking like a watermelon, cover it up.

I'm a little on the chunky side and do not wear a skimpy bikini. I wear one of those tankini swimsuits. Looks much better.

Old 10-13-2014, 07:41 AM

706 posts, read 1,179,755 times
Only wear it if you are extremely confident and ridicule/criticism doesn't bother you.

I know it's PC to say every body is a bikini body, but I don't believe that to be true. But if you have the courage to wear it...then rock it!

Old 10-13-2014, 07:53 AM

11,157 posts, read 13,998,845 times
OP, what I consider attractive spans a wide range. I've dated everything from exotic dancer to BBW, and genuinely love 'em all. With that said, I would not object to seeing a chubby girl in a bikini. I may even prefer her over some of the others in bikinis.

If you are self conscious, perhaps it is not the right thing for you, though regardless of who else likes or dislikes it. Don't let other's opinions define how you are going to feel about yourself. If it makes you uncomfortable, don't do it. If you find your confidence growing and decide you are ready to wear your bikini, do it. I promise there will be someone there who notices and enjoys what he sees!

Old 10-13-2014, 08:42 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,864,430 times
People can do what they want, doesn't bother me, but everyone should make sure their suit fits appropriately.

Old 10-13-2014, 08:43 AM

20,758 posts, read 19,961,186 times
A bikini while laying on the beach is appropriate.

Off beach or walking around I would cover it up.

Old 10-13-2014, 08:56 AM

1,022 posts, read 1,972,659 times
This thread without pics is worthless

Old 10-13-2014, 11:15 AM

17,156 posts, read 12,956,211 times
Try not to let other people judge what you should wear. If you like it, wear it! I don't feel like I have the right to judge other people's appearance. I am certainly not perfect. It's really hard for many people to be skinny. To me, what's important is that you are healthy overall.

Old 10-13-2014, 11:19 AM

11,879 posts, read 14,203,785 times
Wear it if you want. Try it out, and experience the feeling.

I asked a similar question long back for men wearing sleeveless, and basically got negative responses that its highly inappropriate to do so. But I like the feeling and still wear them as casual clothes in summer when its 90 F outside.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty