Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2014, 10:06 PM

5,900 posts, read 6,109,153 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I see what you mean; that bikini makes her look smaller on the bottom than she really is. A lot of it has to do with finding the right cut of clothing. Also, the angle at which she was photo-d for the Daily Mail pic accentuates her waist. Having huge boobs also helps create the illusion of a small waist.
True, the bikini pic seems to have been taken from about chest/shoulder height and the dailymail one from about waist height.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2014, 10:23 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,977,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justawkward11 View Post
What's a curvy cut?

I think I know everything I need to know on how to accentuate the top half. It's just like I always take a picture with friends in jeans and I always hate how my hips and waistline look compared to everyone. Because I'll be the same weight as most of my friends yet I look like the fattest one. Just by gaining 10 lbs. I am going to try waist cynchers. See how that works. Maybe I won't look as thick then.
You have to be very careful about choosing jeans. There are a variety of different cuts; some are more tailored than others, and will accentuate or "create" a curvy bottom. Others make you look boyish. You have to really experiment and see what works best on you. There are new "curvy" cut jeans that have a smaller waist, you could try those. And jeans with tapered legs will help create a wide-hipped look, too.

Also, you can bring in your waist by exercising the oblique muscles in that area.

As for dresses, you'll have to try different cuts, and see what works. The ones in the photos you posted are narrow at the hem and wide on the rear; those always exaggerate the size of the rear. That's so strange that that look is popular now. I was raised to always minimize the rear and hide it, so you don't go around looking like a piece of meat.

Old 12-24-2014, 10:26 PM

37,626 posts, read 46,026,601 times
Quote:
And Sofia vergara actually looks like an inverted triangle when she stands up straight in a bikini. But in clothing she has a really nice shape.

I just was wondering how they do it.

I have similar dimension to kat dennings when I'm heavier around 110. She looks great all the time. I just wanted to do a similar style. So I don't have to feel terrible about weight gain that's all. That's why I asked.

Sofia vergara has a nice figure either way but she goes from this

http://us.cdn200.fansshare.com/photo...-906564577.jpg

No "inverted triangle" here. That other pic is really misleading. She doesn't "do" anything to change her shape. She has a killer body.

Sofia Vergara, 1998 - Throwback! Blond Sofia Vergara poses for sexy 1998 bikini photo shoot - NY Daily News

Old 12-24-2014, 10:56 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,977,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
I think you potentially have straighter/narrower hips. To make those flared skirts flare, you need a fabric that has enough structure to flare on its own. A stiffer fabric or one with pleating will flare more. Also, pay attention to where the flare starts. It should start where you do.

You can also try a trumpet skirt or drop waisted dress which will give you width in the lower body.
This! Knits do not work for some people. Stick with medium-weight woven fabrics.

Old 12-25-2014, 03:32 AM

6,395 posts, read 6,282,580 times
Quote:
Did you not understand my post?

I showed her in her bikini and then I showed her wear she looks like an hourglass in the dailymail...

Anyhow. I have the same shape as these women especially Sofia vergara. I just need advice on how they convert their shape to look more curvy at the bottom. If you don't know how I guess you can't help me.

Christina's measurements listed are a waist to hip measurement less than 10 inch difference. I just was curious how she makes her waist look so much more narrow than her hips. Again if you don't know it's alright.

Christina Hendricks | Body Measurements

It's well known her bust measurement is in most place bigger than her hips and her hips are less than 10 from her hips from most sources.

I just wish I knew how to dress compliment a figure like this. Because I'm tired of having to stay a specific weight without much wiggle room.

Op, I know it doesn't look like it from the first pic, but if you put a black dress over the white bikini, you would see much the same figure except she is probably wearing a waist cincher in the second picture.

The difference is the HIP BONES. Some are broader and some are not. She might have a flatter derriere, but the measurement will be the same as someone with a bubble but which she doesn't have.

It's genetics. Get a good minimize bra and you will have an hour glass figure too.

Old 12-25-2014, 06:00 AM

11,936 posts, read 13,116,607 times
These people make their living because of how they look and get lots of plastic surgery. Sophia Vargara has very obvious breast implants.

Old 12-25-2014, 06:14 AM

459 posts, read 768,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
No "inverted triangle" here. That other pic is really misleading. She doesn't "do" anything to change her shape. She has a killer body.

Sofia Vergara, 1998 - Throwback! Blond Sofia Vergara poses for sexy 1998 bikini photo shoot - NY Daily News

I don't see much difference in those photos. Actually one of the photos you used was actually used to prove she was an invetered triangle on another website.

http://www.listal.com/list/not-so-curvy-women-deemed

Old 12-25-2014, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
You have to be very careful about choosing jeans. There are a variety of different cuts; some are more tailored than others, and will accentuate or "create" a curvy bottom. Others make you look boyish. You have to really experiment and see what works best on you. There are new "curvy" cut jeans that have a smaller waist, you could try those. And jeans with tapered legs will help create a wide-hipped look, too.

Also, you can bring in your waist by exercising the oblique muscles in that area.

As for dresses, you'll have to try different cuts, and see what works. The ones in the photos you posted are narrow at the hem and wide on the rear; those always exaggerate the size of the rear. That's so strange that that look is popular now. I was raised to always minimize the rear and hide it, so you don't go around looking like a piece of meat.
Every time I go up weight and still diet and exercise my waist goes to at least 24"-25".

I hate jeans like that because my built is more jutted it just emphasizes this.

I try to go with jeans like this since the top of my hips have the most curves. They're widest up top. But they might come up too high.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/4411617...d-jeans-womens

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ns-made-in-nyc

These jeans Might depend on my hips to create the definition.

Old 12-25-2014, 10:30 AM

8,069 posts, read 6,975,323 times
Here's Sofia's Vergara body when she was younger.

I think she just chooses the right clothes. She has never looked that great in bikini.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJo0pDAca20

Old 12-25-2014, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
These people make their living because of how they look and get lots of plastic surgery. Sophia Vargara has very obvious breast implants.
Sophia vergara doesn't have implants she's just an inverted triangle. When you're this shape much of the time you gain mainly in the bust and then other places secondary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty