Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2014, 12:29 PM

6,460 posts, read 7,798,579 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciceropolo View Post
As I said, it's variance in design. I've had dress pants which require the full undo belt and button/clasp of waistband and drop trousers, drop front band of underwear and let it drain and I have other pants (longer zipper) that enable ease of unzip, unleash the snake, and let it drain.

Underwear like Hanes boxer briefs work fine for 'freeing the snake', but occasionally, quality control is poor (probably should have been sold as irregulars) on how the flap curvature and contour are designed and its easier to simply pull down waist band. Regular boxers with a narrower slit flap are easy to access, though have more cargo space for other parts to get misaligned, which has its own drawback. Ever get the unintended self nut crunch or snake pinch?- say, like when getting out of a low profile automobile and you have to do that slight slide move before raising your butt off the seat?

Remember the ditty, "No matter how many times you shake and dance, the last few drops land in your pants". Hence, a double layer flap in front is also good in keeping those drops from not getting on your actual pants - and being visible.

When I played sports it was always pull down and over the top of waist band. If I'm dressed up and at a public latrine I usually just unzip to urinate. It varies based on conditions and the type of clothing. If dressed up in nice pants and in a public restroom I don't want my pants to drop enough to get onto some urine soaked floor either.

The flap seams on underwear are usually double stitched and soft cotton. I'm talking about the uncomfortable inner seams of pants / jeans. When the snake finds a way to get loose it can be very uncomfortable. Well designed underwear will keep things (generally) where they belong - barring some arousing situation, which can be very uncomfortable when seated.
All good points.

I haven't heard the "shake and dance" thing but like it...and it resonates. It was less of an issue when I was younger though. After I'm done dancing and shaking I give a press to the body part under the ******* and it gets a few of the shy drops out, so that helps.

I have some great pairs of underwear. They're Adidas brand. 5% Lycra. No flap, hugs nicely and keeps everything in place, very comfy, minimal seams.

But they can make double layers without a flap right. So I don't get it. Is it that big a deal to change the machines that make them? Or do so many people like them so much? I just never imagined that people used them.

Anyway, good points.

Edit - don't know why CD starred out the word "$cr0tum".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2014, 01:54 PM

6,981 posts, read 10,951,875 times
Does that underwear wick away moisture? My biggest problem is not support, but when I walk around a lot I sweat and the underwear gets damp with the moisture trapped. Then I end up with crotch rot. It comes and goes. I had a bout of it a year ago last summer and then this Thanksgiving weekend.

Old 12-27-2014, 02:16 PM
JL

8,522 posts, read 14,539,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-fused View Post
I wear a suit to work. Everyday. So you don't undo your pants? You use the zipper only, then dig inside, snatch the flap, then dig inside in there again, pull out your wilie make sure it clears your pants, and then after your done work backwards to get it back in? I honestly would not have guessed that anyone does that.

And there is usually a bit of drip at the end too. Doesn't the urine get on your pants? And isn't there a good chance that your hair (or worse yet...your skin) will get snagged on the zipper?

I can think of an endless amount of issues.
I don't use the flap myself, but trimming down there should be done every so often...once a week

Old 12-27-2014, 06:59 PM

11,495 posts, read 26,879,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzleman View Post
Does that underwear wick away moisture? My biggest problem is not support, but when I walk around a lot I sweat and the underwear gets damp with the moisture trapped. Then I end up with crotch rot. It comes and goes. I had a bout of it a year ago last summer and then this Thanksgiving weekend.
Use an antibacterial soap or Hibiclens down there when you shower, and that will be less likely to happen. You can also get a prescription powder to use at the first sign of a fungal infection, which will clear it up much faster.

For the original question, I asked the hubby what he does, because about half of his underpants don't have a fly, and he has to wear a gunbelt at work which means anything more than unzipping is complicated, to actually pull his pants down he has to remove four keepers, a belt that has two fasteners, and an inner Velcro belt He said he unzips and pulls the briefs down. He had coworkers at his last job who had actually forgotten their guns in bathroom stalls before...apparently the best way to go is to take the gun out and leave it on the back of the toilet, then find something to hang the belt on (leaving the gun in the holster will make the belt heavy and tricky to balance on a hook or handicap rail).

Old 12-27-2014, 07:06 PM

460 posts, read 1,004,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog_Mom View Post
Use an antibacterial soap or Hibiclens down there when you shower, and that will be less likely to happen. You can also get a prescription powder to use at the first sign of a fungal infection, which will clear it up much faster.

For the original question, I asked the hubby what he does, because about half of his underpants don't have a fly, and he has to wear a gunbelt at work which means anything more than unzipping is complicated, to actually pull his pants down he has to remove four keepers, a belt that has two fasteners, and an inner Velcro belt He said he unzips and pulls the briefs down. He had coworkers at his last job who had actually forgotten their guns in bathroom stalls before...apparently the best way to go is to take the gun out and leave it on the back of the toilet, then find something to hang the belt on (leaving the gun in the holster will make the belt heavy and tricky to balance on a hook or handicap rail).
If you want a good underwear that wicks away moisture and provides nice support, get Comfyballs. Swear to god, it's a real brand of underwear and you will love them. Comfyballs.

Old 12-27-2014, 07:07 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,049,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzleman View Post
Amazon.com: Mexsana Medicated Powder-11 oz.: Health & Personal Care

Old 12-27-2014, 07:13 PM

4,530 posts, read 8,868,319 times
Quote:
. . .

(or worse yet...your skin) will get snagged on the zipper?

This usually happens by the time you are about five or six. If it has happened to you once you will make sure it NEVER happens again. On a pain scale of 1 to 10 getting it caught is a 7, getting uncaught is an 11.
Gunluvver2

Old 12-28-2014, 05:01 AM

13,630 posts, read 10,034,235 times
Never use it, these pouch thongs don't have it.

Old 12-28-2014, 06:28 AM

11,222 posts, read 16,430,926 times
Quote:
I wear a suit to work. Everyday. So you don't undo your pants? You use the zipper only, then dig inside, snatch the flap, then dig inside in there again, pull out your wilie make sure it clears your pants, and then after your done work backwards to get it back in? I honestly would not have guessed that anyone does that.

And there is usually a bit of drip at the end too. Doesn't the urine get on your pants? And isn't there a good chance that your hair (or worse yet...your skin) will get snagged on the zipper?

Honestly, it is NOT that difficult to "operate" underwear. You're making such an ordeal out of it. lol

Step 1: Groom yourself for crying out loud.

Step 2: Undo zipper.

Step 3: Use right index and middle fingers, move "inner" flap to the side/or use thumb of choice to pull down band (what I do).

Step 4: Using opposite hand, remove penis. Urinate.

Step 5: Look straight ahead if at a urinal.

Step 6: Shake

Step 7: Reverse steps 2-4

I can even do 3-5 in one fluid motion!

Old 12-28-2014, 08:27 AM

6,460 posts, read 7,798,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
Honestly, it is NOT that difficult to "operate" underwear. You're making such an ordeal out of it.
I don't think you get my very gettable point. It's not difficult to operate underwear, it's not an ordeal at all. The flap is an idiotic, useless, and outdated design for most. That's my opinion.

I personally think modern men's underwear can and should look and feel much cleaner and simpler. The whole useless flap thing mucks it up and makes it look ugly and complicated. And did I mention that it's useless? Men's underwear should look much simpler and cleaner.

It's like a shirt having pockets on the back. Some people might find it useful but it would be for a more specialized purpose.

I mean clothing designs change often. Men's underwear lags.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty